SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Can anyone please post a link to the October 2018 Resort Activities Calendar for SSR?

The places I've checked still have last month's calendar and not this month's.

Thanks in advance.
It's October 8, and I still can't find the October SSR Resort Activities Calendar online anywhere. The September calendars are still up.

Who has stayed in the SSR_GVs?
Are there 4 Bathrooms in the GV??
Sorry if that question has been answered previously in this thread, but I did not scan all 71 pages!:p

Staying at SSR for the first time 3 night before thanksgiving... we have a 2 bedroom preferred.. what location should we request to be convenient to bus, food, great pool etc? Thanks so much, KIM

Staying at SSR for the first time 3 night before thanksgiving... we have a 2 bedroom preferred.. what location should we request to be convenient to bus, food, great pool etc? Thanks so much, KIM

The 2 preferred areas are the Springs and Congress Park. The Springs is where the main hub of the resort is. Check-in, a restaurant, a quick service, gift shop, and the main pool with a waterslide are all here.

Congress Park is closest to the walkway for Disney Springs, which is why it is considered preferred. There is a quiet pool, but no water slide, and no food options, unless you walk to the Springs section, the Paddock section (where there's also a QS by the pool there), or go to Disney Springs.

There are 5 bus stops at SSR. Congress Park is picked up 4th on the way to the parks and 4th to be dropped back off when returning to the resort. The Springs is last on the bus order.

We like the Grandstand area. It's right next to the Carriage House where the food, gift shop and front desk are, and there's boat service right behind the Carriage House to take you to Disney Springs. It also has the added advantage of being the first bus pick up and the first bus drop off point in the resort. This virtually guarantees you a seat in the morning when you're going to a park. On many occasions, we've gotten on a bus at the Grandstand, only to have it fill completely at the third stop and have to bypass the last two. And it's nice to be the first drop off at the end of along day when you're tired and just want to get to your room.

We like the Grandstand area. It's right next to the Carriage House where the food, gift shop and front desk are, and there's boat service right behind the Carriage House to take you to Disney Springs. It also has the added advantage of being the first bus pick up and the first bus drop off point in the resort. This virtually guarantees you a seat in the morning when you're going to a park. On many occasions, we've gotten on a bus at the Grandstand, only to have it fill completely at the third stop and have to bypass the last two. And it's nice to be the first drop off at the end of along day when you're tired and just want to get to your room.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. We too often had times that the bus would fill up by Paddock and have to skip the last two stops. When we did have room and stop at the Springs, everybody who got on there usually had to stand. We loved everything about Grandstand.

Hi. We will be in a one bedroom preferred view and I am requesting Congress Park since a lot of our evenings will be in DTD and I want that view. I do not mind walking. My mom will be in a scooter. I think I may be one or if not the last stop before going to the parks, which will not be good, scooter-wise and will get passed up Im thinking (we will be ther January 4-12).

Where should we walk so we can be one of the first stops so I can hopefully get us on one of the first few busses in the morning since I plan on utilizing EMHs in the morning.

Thank you.

Hi. We will be in a one bedroom preferred view and I am requesting Congress Park since a lot of our evenings will be in DTD and I want that view. I do not mind walking. My mom will be in a scooter. I think I may be one or if not the last stop before going to the parks, which will not be good, scooter-wise and will get passed up Im thinking (we will be ther January 4-12).

Where should we walk so we can be one of the first stops so I can hopefully get us on one of the first few busses in the morning since I plan on utilizing EMHs in the morning.

Thank you.
Grandstand is the first stop, so if you don’t mind the walk I’d go there so you can be sure to get the scooter on.

Grandstand is the first stop, so if you don’t mind the walk I’d go there so you can be sure to get the scooter on.

Thank you very much. When we arrive, and if Im hopefully at CP, Ill find out how to get to Grandstand. Thanks again. Ill print this tomorrow and put with my notes.

Last time for the pull out, we purchased an egg crate topper (twin for $10) and checked it in a suitcase and brought it down. I just bought another to do the same. I now see you can request one. How good is it? I'm thinking we might still bring it and have double the cushness and our luck they wouldn't have any extra.

It's just my mom and I, but with a queen its a bit of a tight fit because we both like to sprawl out and I like a body pillow.

My daughter used the egg crate when she slept on the sofa bed, as she found the matress too thin. One layer was an improvement, but she ended up using two. Admittedly, she is fussier about her sleeping accommodations than most. One layer of the egg crate would probably be sufficient.

Last year we just had the one and it was still a bit too hard for me. Will they give us more than 1? I like a softer bed, and I will likely be sleeping on it for 6 or 7 nights in a row

Our last couple stays at SSR have been a little disappointing. I know FL is a hot, humid place, however, are all the rooms typically a little musty and smelling of mildew? I really enjoy the resort except for the condition of the rooms. How soon will they do a room refresh/refurb? Are there some areas less prone to getting musty? Thanks!

Our last couple stays at SSR have been a little disappointing. I know FL is a hot, humid place, however, are all the rooms typically a little musty and smelling of mildew? I really enjoy the resort except for the condition of the rooms. How soon will they do a room refresh/refurb? Are there some areas less prone to getting musty? Thanks!

Refurb is scheduled to begin in 2019.

Does anyone on this thread have pictures of the view of Disney Springs from an SSR 3BR Grand Villa. I can't find online anywhere.
I'm weighing that GV vs the AKV GV with Savanna View, and would really love to see some photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts