SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

No clue where we will be at yet during our SS stay but curious what people think has the best pool vibe.

Not looking for quiet or serenity (I can get that in my room) but more of a nice social structure...best pool bar, social scene, friendly barstaff, etc?

No clue where we will be at yet during our SS stay but curious what people think has the best pool vibe.

Not looking for quiet or serenity (I can get that in my room) but more of a nice social structure...best pool bar, social scene, friendly barstaff, etc?

The Springs pool definitely has more going on and is more ‘social’ than the smaller paddock pool. It’s always packed and is also close to Artist’s point and the community hall for added food and entertainment options. However we prefer the paddock pool because the slide is better.

Any new info on 2019 refurb, or photos of concept rooms?

Was actually checking in on this thread to ask the same. We have an upcoming stay, second week of January. I didn't realize a refurb was going on. I saw on a FB group a pic of a re-done studio. It looked great! Was wondering how far along they are...if any 2 bedrooms were finished and if so in what area(s).

Refurb has has not started yet. What you saw was a test room. They do this to get feed back. Then they choose which route to go.

Hi.
I have a one bedroom preferred view at SSR.
I want to request Congress Park and have a view of DTD.
What exactly do I request? Is there a certain building I should specifically request?
High floor.
A good view of DTD is my first choice.
We had a GV one year that faced DTD and I loved it.

Thank you very much.

Hi.
I looked on the first page for the answer but have a question please:

What is the difference between:

2 bedroom lock off villa
vs
2 bedroom villa

Thank you.

Hi.

2 bedroom lock off villa
vs
2 bedroom villa

Thank you.

Yeah, I tried to link to another site but it looks like it's not allowed.

Hi.

2 bedroom lock off villa
vs
2 bedroom villa

Thank you.

The 2 bedroom lock off has the capacity to have the second bedroom be a separate unit, "locked off" from the one bedroom. The second bedroom has its own separate entrance from the corridor and is like a studio and will have a small kitchenette. I think the two can be sold separately, one as a one bedroom, and then the separate studio, if Disney chooses. The 2 bedroom regular villa has the second bedroom connected to the rest of the unit, with no separate outside entrance, and there is no kitchenette - just more sink and closet space. If you go to this page: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...resort-and-spa/points-rooms/#default=1/0/0/3/ and click on "view floor plans" under the type of room, you'll be able to see it.

And a 2 bedroom dedicated has 2 queens in the second bedroom, the lock off since it is a studio has a queen and a sleeper sofa, the only exception is OKW since all studios have 2 queen beds.

Last edited:
Anyone have the refurb test room numbers? I know it is a long shot, but wanted to possibly request that room if possible.

The 2 bedroom lock off has the capacity to have the second bedroom be a separate unit, "locked off" from the one bedroom. The second bedroom has its own separate entrance from the corridor and is like a studio and will have a small kitchenette. I think the two can be sold separately, one as a one bedroom, and then the separate studio, if Disney chooses. The 2 bedroom regular villa has the second bedroom connected to the rest of the unit, with no separate outside entrance, and there is no kitchenette - just more sink and closet space. If you go to this page: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...resort-and-spa/points-rooms/#default=1/0/0/3/ and click on "view floor plans" under the type of room, you'll be able to see it.

Thank you very much!

And a 2 bedroom lockoff has 2 queens in the second bedroom, the lock off since it is a studio has a queen and a sleeper sofa, the only exception is OKW since all studios have 2 queen beds.

Thank you. This is great information for me! If I had a choice, then for this trip I would choose a dedicated two bedroom since it would be my dd and myself in the second bedroom and having two real beds would be best for us.

Thank you again.

I put a WL in for a 2 bedroom standard and preferred view for January 9-12 at SSR on Monday and yesterday (Tuesday) evening it was filled, although
I am surprised since the beginning of the week is available and thought someone would have been WL the full week (January 5-12).
Anyway, I matched to a dedicated 2 bedroom so I'm happy to have two real beds in the second bedroom. Going to keep looking for preferred view.
It will be nice having the two real beds since we (my mom, dd-25 and I) will be coming from five nights at BLT LV Studio so my dd and I will be
on the pullout (although I have two WL for BLT one bedroom and stalking, which has worked beautifully for me since I only booked this trip end of September).

Thanks again for the clarification on the dedicated and lock off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter