SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Can anyone comment on the comfort of the sofa bed in the Saratoga Springs studios in 2019? Is it similar to the Kidani Village sofa bed? Two children under 70 lbs each would be sleeping on it.

An air mattress is not an option for us. Thank you!

We have a 2 Bedroom Standard room in November. We will not be arriving till midnight and are travelling with two small children and using magical express. Will we need transportation within the resort (from front desk) to get to our room and is it provided. Also how far will the pool be from the standard room area. It looks like a vast resort
Hi!
FIrst, it will be easy. No worries...on our June trip due to late flights, we didn't arrive at SSR until 1:30 am. We had not used Magical Express for our bags, so we had them on the bus with us from MCO. A very kind bell services cast member, piled all of our luggage, my grocery order(which had been delivered earlier) and my family of 8 into a van a drove us to our building, took all the luggage up for us, which was great because I was able to settle in the kids, while he hauled the luggage up. It was so easy...and worth the tip we gave him. I did do ONLINE CHECK IN, and in fact had gotten a text our room was ready as my flight was delayed again! So, I would suggest online check in and then Bell Services will take you to your room. You should not need to visit the lobby, but if you do, I am sure Bell Services will still take you on to your building. They prefer this to bringing luggage on the busses. :) Bell Services will also help you back to the carriage house at the end of your trip! :)

Can anyone comment on the comfort of the sofa bed in the Saratoga Springs studios in 2019? Is it similar to the Kidani Village sofa bed? Two children under 70 lbs each would be sleeping on it.

I believe all sleeper sofas at all DVC properties are the same. The newer ones at RIV and the new refurbished rooms at SSR will be a Murphy style sofa bed with a real mattress. The first rooms should be going back into inventory soon.

Hi, my daughter slept on the sofa bed at saratoga for 6 nights in July and slept fine on it. She weighs about 85 lbs. I would think children would generally be fine on it. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Hi, my daughter slept on the sofa bed at saratoga for 6 nights in July and slept fine on it. She weighs about 85 lbs. I would think children would generally be fine on it. Hope this helps. Enjoy!
I believe all sleeper sofas at all DVC properties are the same. The newer ones at RIV and the new refurbished rooms at SSR will be a Murphy style sofa bed with a real mattress. The first rooms should be going back into inventory soon.
Thank you both for your replies. I did not want to count on getting a refurbished room, and I had read posts complaining about the sofa beds. But it sounds like it will be fine!

I know WDW is not a bike friendly place but how is it biking from SSR to DS? I have a cargo bike so my kids ride on the back of my bike and my wife follows.

I know WDW is not a bike friendly place but how is it biking from SSR to DS? I have a cargo bike so my kids ride on the back of my bike and my wife follows.
They have bike rentals at SSR. DS is a short ride from SSR, so riding yours shouldn’t be a problem around the resort or to DS. Not sure if they let you bike through DS.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they will be finished with the rehab of the beverage area at the Artists Palette.? It was already underway when we were there in May and I thought for certain that it would be done by our next trip in October but now I hear they are giving out cans of soda for the refilllable mugs. Thanks

Does anyone know when they will be finished with the rehab of the beverage area at the Artists Palette.? It was already underway when we were there in May and I thought for certain that it would be done by our next trip in October but now I hear they are giving out cans of soda for the refilllable mugs. Thanks
Bump...anyone?

Anyone have any updates on the refurb? Have they completed the two buildings they were working on so far? I did see photos on a different website from about two weeks ago and everything was in furniture wise. The mattresses still had the plastic on them and the kitchen items such as coffee pot were not yet on the counters. Haven't seen any updates since.

We were there last week, and the beverage area was operating normally.

Any idea on when the room refubrs will be done on the standard rooms (not just the preferred rooms)?

I'd enjoy the video walkthroughs more if the couple would hand the camera to the person NOT doing the talking in the tour. Have the camera person stand back to show the wall bed being opened, etc. It might save on some of the camera movement, as well.

Updating as I watch the 1BR walkthrough:

"Very, very large single vanity": Who are kidding? Those shallow cubbies and counter space are rather stingy in my view. I'm glad the sink next to the shower is no longer a pedestal (glad for the shelf!) but wish they'd made the sink's counter near the tub deeper. Same for the tiny, "walk in" closet. Poor use of available space and let's move the cleaning supplies to the foyer closet. Oh, wait! The unit didn't have a foyer closet! BAD DISNEY, BAD DISNEY! Ugh. Too little storage in this redesign ... what were they thinking??

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those videos! I absolutely LOVE the refurb. I feel like it gives my Saratoga points so much more value (for me, at least). I'm really excited to stay here now.

Hello folks, anyone seen pictures or tours of a Renovated studio ??? anyone have info if they have completed the refurb in the first two buildings ? (I have to assume they have if people are getting room tours).

Would really like to see what elements are, and are not, in the Studios.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter