SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Does anyone have an update on how many rooms/bldgs have been refurb'd yet?
They were working on the third building, not too long ago. I would think at the most 3. It is taking a little longer than planned. Wakey seems to always have the best latest info.

I'd love an answer to this as well. I did find a thread about the murphy beds having issues like Riviera- wondering if that will impact the progress?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-ssr-murphy-beds-being-scrutinized.3783325/
I did see that as well,
Crazy how after all that time, something as severe as that can still happen.:confused3
They were working on the third building, not too long ago. I would think at the most 3. It is taking a little longer than planned. Wakey seems to always have the best latest info.
Cool thank you, I'm debating on whether or not to book a Standard or premium studio for next fall. Not knowing is making it a lil difficult, but we shall see.

I did see that as well,
Crazy how after all that time, something as severe as that can still happen.:confused3

Cool thank you, I'm debating on whether or not to book a Standard or premium studio for next fall. Not knowing is making it a lil difficult, but we shall see.

On another thread someone said they were done the third building in Congress Park and working on the fourth one.

Last edited:
We have a 2 bedroom (Standard) booked. I am looking to request a room that is close to the main area also close to a bus stop. Can any suggest the best place to request? I know this is only a request and we may not get what we are looking for.

The Grandstand section is next to the Carriage House and the food court and restaurant, and the bus stop is close to any of the buildings. The dock for the boat to Disney Springs is also just behind the Carriage House, and that is very convenient. It also has the advantage of being the first stop for buses in the resort, so you're virtually assured of a seat in the morning going to the parks, and you're the first to be dropped off later when you're tired and just want to get to your room. There are four other bus stops after the Grandstand, and it isn't at all unusual for the bus to be completely full after the third stop.

We have a 2 bedroom (Standard) booked. I am looking to request a room that is close to the main area also close to a bus stop. Can any suggest the best place to request? I know this is only a request and we may not get what we are looking for.

If you go to the first page of this thread, there is a map of the resort. Every section has a bus stop, so no matter where you're at, you will be relatively close to one. For standard, the closest area to the main hub is Grandstand in the 8501-8836 rooms. There's a walking path nearby that takes you to the main hub in 4-5 mins. The rest of the buildings in Grandstand are going to be a bit further of a walk though. In Paddock, rooms 5501-5836 are right near the bridge to the main hub. That would be a roughly 10 min walk to the main hub. Again, the other rooms in Paddock are going to be a further walk.

They have virtually finished Congress and are moving to Springs for anyone who doesn’t know.
Thus if you want to be guaranteed a refurb from about May/ June (if they keep current pace), book preferred.

Last edited:
I thought Grandstand was Standard (not preferred) and renovation had not started yet?
Sorry don’t know what I was thinking, of course I meant Congress- doh. Now amended. Think it’s because I’d just been reading the Grandstand query post above!

They have virtually finished Congress and are moving to Springs for anyone who doesn’t know.
Thus if you want to be guaranteed a refurb from about May/ June (if they keep current pace), book preferred.

Would you still book preferred if going for a trip in the last weekend of August? Probably not enough standard rooms done to guarantee right?

Hi.
When is this refurb suppose to be completed?
I have a three bedroom GV booked for November 10-15 with two other couples for my 30th anniversary
and I booked Standard.

Thank you.

Hi.
When is this refurb suppose to be completed?
I have a three bedroom GV booked for November 10-15 with two other couples for my 30th anniversary
and I booked Standard.

Thank you.

What I have seen is that it will be 2 years before it is complete.

We were in Congress Park, and the pool was closed.
Out of interest was it bring refurbished in any way? We have just bought an SSR contract as we love it there for a chilled trip and it’s proximity to Disney Springs. The Congress Park pool is our favourite spot but last visit it seemed in need of a little TLC, especially the hottub.

Hi, I'll be staying next week in a preferred studio that I rented thru David's DVC. Forgive me for my ignorance or if I missed this. Since it's preferred, does that mean I will be getting a refurb room? Also, is Congress the best area to be close to to food court and bus stop? Thanks

Hi, I'll be staying next week in a preferred studio that I rented thru David's DVC. Forgive me for my ignorance or if I missed this. Since it's preferred, does that mean I will be getting a refurb room? Also, is Congress the best area to be close to to food court and bus stop? Thanks
No there are 2 Preferred area, Congress Park and the Springs. Most likely you will get a refurbished room since there are only 3 buildings in the Springs area and 1 will be under construction. Congress Park is not close to the food area and probably is the furthest from it besides the Tree House Villas. There is a bus stop in the middle of the 4 buildings in the Congress Park area. It is the fourth stop at SSR. The Springs is the fifth and last stop.

We will be staying at SSR in a preferred studio for the first time in May. I originally requested Congress Park, but from reading above comments I think I should change my request to Springs for proximity to the food options and main pool. From pictures I've seen it doesn't lookalike there is a small table/chairs in these studios. And are the glasses and mugs all paper products now? Thank You

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter