SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Work being done on Springs now:

Thank you.
Are there any Standard View GVs that are in buildings that have been updated?
I arrive in November and hoping to get a GV in an updated Standard View building.
I guess I'm not sure if all buildings have GVs, well I know I'm not sure of that LOL

Thanks.

Thank you.
Are there any Standard View GVs that are in buildings that have been updated?
I arrive in November and hoping to get a GV in an updated Standard View building.
I guess I'm not sure if all buildings have GVs, well I know I'm not sure of that LOL

Thanks.

They have only done Congress (preferred) so far, then just started Springs last week (preferred). These are the only two preferred areas, and it is likely all of preferred will be thus upgraded by May ish- assuming they continue to work at roughly the same pace. There are 4 blocks in Congress, but only 3 in Springs, so they may get it done early May.
They will then start on the standard rooms. There are 11 blocks in total in the standard rooms, so this will take much longer to complete, - roughly 18 months is the thinking. So they will probably have done about 3-4 of those 11 by November. This means that there will probably only be about one third of the standard view done by then. Each building has two grand villas, so you could get any. By my best estimate, you would have around a one third chance of getting a Grand Villa in a standard by next November. You may be able to increase the odds by selecting and being lucky enough to be assigned the area which is done in standard by the time you go- but I would not count on getting it, as many making a special request will likely ask for the same area. I suspect Paddock will be after Springs, then Carousel and then Grandstand- simply because that makes sense moving the gear. So if you select and get Paddock say (if indeed it is next) your chances by November would be very high. But my advice is unless you switch to preferred, be prepared to be disappointed I am afraid, keep an eye on where it goes after Springs, select that, and keep your finger's crossed.

What’s the best place to order groceries from while staying at SSR? We have a 2 bedroom in Congress park booked for November. Usually we stop at wal mart but want to avoid that this trip.

What’s the best place to order groceries from while staying at SSR? We have a 2 bedroom in Congress park booked for November. Usually we stop at wal mart but want to avoid that this trip.

you can order from Publix via Instacart. They will deliver to the resort. If you order alcohol then you have to be there in person, otherwise you can have it delivered to your room.

Question on the boat from SSR to Disney Springs - I know it's the Blue Line, but where in Disney Springs does the boat dock - I've heard by the Boathouse but also heard by Circque.

Just booked a last minute trip to SSR. I did a quick search this morning and all of February was available! Must have completed some more rooms and put them back in the rotation! Life has been super stressful and our family will really benefit from this time together. So thrilled!

FYI: Just back from SSR. If you will be taking a non-folding wheelchair or scooter on a resort bus to HS in hopes of getting a boarding group for ROTR, I recommend taking the bus at the first stop, Grandstand. We drove right by the last two stops and couldn't take on more scooters after Carousel. I'm sure those left behind were pretty disappointed. Oh, that was at 6am.

What is the likely-hood of getting a Refurb room in the Congress section (Deluxe Studio) when we arrive on July 5th, 2020?
We have and are going to continue to put in a request for Congress Park.

I am still trying to decide between SSR and AKL. I am loving the new room renovations but wondered if the rest of the resort is getting refurbished too? Like the lobby, restaurants, and other common areas? From videos I've seen they look like they are in need of some freshening up.

We plan on going on our first DVC stay Feb 2021 in a 2 bedroom suite...are those going to be ready by then?

Thank you and I apologize if these questions have already been asked!

Next month we will be staying at the Treehouse Villas. Since we won’t have a car, I have requested a treehouse near the walkway to get to the Grandstand bus stop. Taking the boat to The Springs would be another way to get to an alternative bus stop. What are the hours of the boats and how often do they come to the treehouse villa’s dock?

I've never stayed at the Treehouse Villas, but I have stayed in the Grandstand section several times. The boats start at 10 or 10:30 A.M. and run about every twenty minutes or so, from whichever dock.

Quick overview: Back from Disney (12/29-1/6), stayed at SSR (Congress Park building 2, refurbished Studio Room), right on the path to Disney Springs. I loved the room overall. Very spacious, loved the wood floors and new bright decor, plenty of lighting. A couple of things disappointed me though: I missed having a table/chair to sit and have a light meal, table/chair replaced with storage bench (according to cast members, this is new norm. There's the murphy bed frame/structure, the bed had not been installed; the pullout couch was available. Also the new large dresser (8 drawers, not to deep), main problem: drawers would not stay closed. You close one draw and another would open. Overall, I loved the refurbished room and would request to stay in Congress Park again. Happy Travels.

We had a pre-refurbished room in Congress Park in late September 2019. Looking forward to next time, when it'll be refurbished.

One thing that was also in a pre-refurbished state was the Congress Park pool, particularly the whirlpool spa, which was in a poor condition.

Has anyone heard if these are getting refurbished during the current project?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter