SSR - Question, One Day Not Available

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I currently have a week booked at SSR in a Preferred View Studio for my mom, my dd-25 and myself, January 5-12.

I decided end of last week to stalk the website and constantly check for a one bedroom, not for extra room but for the fact the washer/dryer in the room and we are going in January. Both one bedroom categories and both two bedroom categories have the full week available, with the exception of Friday, January 11. I understand this is the start of Marathon Weekend but why is that one night, Friday, not available all categories. Do you think there is a medium or a very slim chance the Friday will appear for any category?

I canceled my GF studio waitlist and ended up putting SSR one bedroom preferred view as well as Poly Standard view for my waitlists.

I can be on and stalk all day at work and I'm making myself crazy but determined LOL

Have you booked what is available? I think not, from what you say. I would book the 1 bedroom for all the days but the one, and waitlist and stalk.

That’s if you really want the washer and dryer.

Have you booked what is available? I think not, from what you say. I would book the 1 bedroom for all the days but the one, and waitlist and stalk.

That’s if you really want the washer and dryer.

No. I have below booked. I am here since I don't know what I should do LOL Should I book or not given I already have a ressie?

I don't mind sharing a bed with my dd and my mom will be in the other "real" bed but thinking a regular fridge and the washer/dryer would be a good idea.
This is what I really have right now:

January 4-5: SSR Preferred View Studio
January 5-12: SSR Preferred View Studio

I found January 4 by stalking. I don't mind keeping January 4 as a separate ressie since our plane lands at 11:45 pm.
So, this leaves me with January 5-12 that I am looking for in a one bedroom. I don't know if my chances are slim that the Friday will open up
and then I am moving on January 5 and again on the last day/night of our trip.

I feel like now while I am stalking (which is ALLLLL day at work and night and when I wake up in morning before getting out of bed) if the Friday did
open up it would make that full week available anyway, is that the case? I just don't understand why the four categories have the Friday not available.
Actually, when I look, the Friday isn't available in any DVC resort. I'm happy right now with my Preferred View Studio but would be happier
with the one or two bedroom (I'll take either in either category). Right now I'm waitlisting the one bedroom preferred view. Are there more two bedrooms or
standard views available which would make the waitlist maybe a little better on my side?
I am happy to have what I have since we decided on our trip last month to go back in January before my dd went back to school.

What would you do? Keep what you had or book the one bedroom and stalk?
THANK YOU.

Since it’s SSR I would book the one bedroom and stalk. I’ve been stalking January 1-3 at AKV for the past four few months. SSR has had days come and go for Jan 1-3 in one bedrooms while no other resort has shown any availability. I think your chances of getting that one day would be good, even if it is marathon weekend.

Since it’s SSR I would book the one bedroom and stalk. I’ve been stalking January 1-3 at AKV for the past four few months. SSR has had days come and go for Jan 1-3 in one bedrooms while no other resort has shown any availability. I think your chances of getting that one day would be good, even if it is marathon weekend.

Thank you. I stalked January 4-12 for a standard studio, then a preferred view studio. Then I stalked a one bedroom standard view and then was able to stalk a one bedroom, preferred view, whew lol. This took about three weeks total. Now I have January 4-5 and January 5-12 in a one bedroom preferred view. I am not merging the two ressies together yet since I am stalking a monorail cancelation as it gets close to 60 days and know it will be easier to get a week instead of eight nights (although I know my chances are slim to none but I have the time to stalk) and we dont land on January 4 until close to midnight.

Are you only looking at AK for your dates? I am on ALL the time and dont see those coming up at all. I wish you luck and maybe you will see a little movement next week or two as it gets closer to 60 days out. I see movement today with AK for my dates. Days coming and going and now four nights together. Yesterday it was BLT but I want 6 or more nights tigether or I wont take.

Good luck!

Just returned to the RAT after posting above and the AK days were already taken. Back to two nights but like I said I see a lot of movement today on AK hope you start seeing for your days.

Last edited:
Are you only looking at AK for your dates?

Yeah, I’m specifically looking for AKV Value 1 Bedroom for those first two nights. I have a value 1 bedroom for the 3-11, and I’d really like the 1st and 2nd too so we don’t have to switch resorts. My hopes are low, but I still check everyday anyways.

Yeah, I’m specifically looking for AKV Value 1 Bedroom for those first two nights. I have a value 1 bedroom for the 3-11, and I’d really like the 1st and 2nd too so we don’t have to switch resorts. My hopes are low, but I still check everyday anyways.

Good luck! If I see it in my stalking, I will let you know. Maybe if your on as much as you can be, someone will cancel.

I was able to wait list for Nov 15 this week for a 2br. I think the 32 - 30 day window is the magic number since points go into holding at 30 days. I would also stalk just to cover all bases.

I was able to wait list for Nov 15 this week for a 2br. I think the 32 - 30 day window is the magic number since points go into holding at 30 days. I would also stalk just to cover all bases.

Thank you. I thought it was 60 days so now I know to stalk even more closer to 30. Did you get the two bedroom or are you waiting.

Good luck and thanks for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!