SSR Renovations

They’ve quite a bit to go before they finish the Congress Park buildings. One is currently part occupied, with the other half of the same building undergoing renovation.
Ah, thanks for the clarification, I was under the impression that were finished with Congress Park not finished with a BUILDING in Congress Park.

Ugh! The new rooms look amazing! I am staying in a preferred 2 bedroom villa Dec 20-28. I initially was going to request a room in the Springs area so I can be close to dining and walk to Grandstand each morning to catch the bus to the parks.

I am now thinking of requesting Congress Park for the renovated rooms and to walk to Disney Springs on our days off. If I do this, will I have a hard time catching a seat on the bus each morning? How far is the walk between Congress Park and the Springs for dining?

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I was under the impression that were finished with Congress Park not finished with a BUILDING in Congress Park.
I think they are done with 2 buildings of the 4 in Congress Park and half way through the third and starting on the fourth. That is my understanding, but Wakey seems to always have the latest on the updates.

I think they are done with 2 buildings of the 4 in Congress Park and half way through the third and starting on the fourth. That is my understanding, but Wakey seems to always have the latest on the updates.
Correct Jackal. The fourth building they have started on, and have guests staying in it whilst half of it is worked on. Not sure I would not be happy to be honest if I was in one of the rooms below those being worked on. It is supposedly falling behind schedule, so maybe they are having to try and work around having rooms booked out.

Just got a last minute add on single night at SSR for this weekend for a preferred studio. We are staying at BWV for the main part of our reservation. We requested a renovated room, so we will see if we get it. Anyway, it will be fun to check out SSR— first time.

booking Oct. 2020 now - can anyone tell me what is the next area to be refurbed? I've heard the springs and also heard the paddock - does anyone know for sure

booking Oct. 2020 now - can anyone tell me what is the next area to be refurbed? I've heard the springs and also heard the paddock - does anyone know for sure

I don't think anyone can truly tell you for sure right now...seems everyones best guess though is the Springs...which would make for both preferred areas to probably be done by the time you go

I don't think anyone can truly tell you for sure right now...seems everyones best guess though is the Springs...which would make for both preferred areas to probably be done by the time you go

thanks I thought that might be the case or if they would go in order or when they were built (was paddock next?). Guess we’ll see

We did not receive a renovated room, but we are in a building being renovated. The nearby parking lot is taken up with construction materials, so we were not able to park close to our room. Not a very welcoming first visit to SSR.

Attachments

• 91A3A101-0324-4139-B481-1C587608A857.jpeg
    91A3A101-0324-4139-B481-1C587608A857.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 75
We did not receive a renovated room, but we are in a building being renovated. The nearby parking lot is taken up with construction materials, so we were not able to park close to our room. Not a very welcoming first visit to SSR.
Which building are you in?

We checked in on Wednesday and were assigned a refurbished studio with a great view of Disney Springs! Building 10 in Congress Park. We had never stayed at SSR before and were thrilled with the room and awesome short walk to Disney Springs. We will definitely stay here again. There is construction going on in Congress Park area and I haven’t seen any other visible construction.
0374D524-A3E6-409C-A968-01A357726C31.jpeg

We checked in yesterday and were so hoping for a refurbished room but it was not to be. I admit it was fairly upsetting to me and I almost let it ruin the trip. However our unrefurbed room is very very clean and the construction people we have run into have been so friendly as well as mousekeeping. It’s kind of neat to see the transformation happen right before our eyes too.

Now don’t get me wrong the villa has worn carpet, not enough plugs for our tech and it was musty until we left the balcony door open but Disney Springs is lit up nicely and it’s cold and snowing where we are from.

One last thing we were offered to switch rooms to one that is refurbished the next day but DH hated the thought of being homeless for hours and this is supposed to be a relaxing park free trip so here we stay in our originally assigned one bedroom villa that was ready early. So life is good and DH and I are celebrating our 26th anniversary so once I adjusted my attitude I’m happy to be here and feel quite grateful.

We checked in yesterday and were so hoping for a refurbished room but it was not to be. I admit it was fairly upsetting to me and I almost let it ruin the trip. However our unrefurbed room is very very clean and the construction people we have run into have been so friendly as well as mousekeeping. It’s kind of neat to see the transformation happen right before our eyes too.

Now don’t get me wrong the villa has worn carpet, not enough plugs for our tech and it was musty until we left the balcony door open but Disney Springs is lit up nicely and it’s cold and snowing where we are from.

One last thing we were offered to switch rooms to one that is refurbished the next day but DH hated the thought of being homeless for hours and this is supposed to be a relaxing park free trip so here we stay in our originally assigned one bedroom villa that was ready early. So life is good and DH and I are celebrating our 26th anniversary so once I adjusted my attitude I’m happy to be here and feel quite grateful.

What section did you end up getting? We arrive on Friday...hoping for a little magic, but either way, we will just be happy to be relaxing in Disney.

What section did you end up getting? We arrive on Friday...hoping for a little magic, but either way, we will just be happy to be relaxing in Disney.

Only section with renovated rooms is Congress Park. if you have a preferred room, you have a chance!

Only section with renovated rooms is Congress Park. if you have a preferred room, you have a chance!

We are and have my room request in for Congress park. Just was curious if they ended up in the springs or one of the partially renovated sections of congress park. Wanted to gauge how bad construction is in the 2 sections being worked on, as i've seen some people say they have stayed in the buildings currently under construction in un-renovated rooms. I've been contemplating switching the request to the springs depending on how bad the construction zones are. 50-50 shot at a renovated room or 100% shot being away from the demo...decisions...decisions.

We are and have my room request in for Congress park. Just was curious if they ended up in the springs or one of the partially renovated sections of congress park. Wanted to gauge how bad construction is in the 2 sections being worked on, as i've seen some people say they have stayed in the buildings currently under construction in un-renovated rooms. I've been contemplating switching the request to the springs depending on how bad the construction zones are. 50-50 shot at a renovated room or 100% shot being away from the demo...decisions...decisions.
There are two buildings in congress park under construction. At least there were last week. We asked for congress and a renovated room and got congress with an unrenovated room. If you are driving, the Congress parking lot is half (or more) taken by construction equipment. So you may not get a parking spot in the congress parking lot, especially towards the end of the day. If you are flying, that isn’t a factor.

We requested and received Congress Park in one of the partially renovated buildings. At first it really bothered me. I felt like this whole building should be shut down. But I have gotten used to it. And it’s not bad at all. As I mentioned before the room is super clean and housekeeping has been outstanding! I was told buildings 11 and 15 have been fully renovated. Hope this helps.

We requested and received Congress Park in one of the partially renovated buildings. At first it really bothered me. I felt like this whole building should be shut down. But I have gotten used to it. And it’s not bad at all. As I mentioned before the room is super clean and housekeeping has been outstanding! I was told buildings 11 and 15 have been fully renovated. Hope this helps.
We felt the same way you did. But the room was so clean and well taken care of that in the end we loved it. We did a split stay thanksgiving week with SSR/BWV/BCV and dh and I thought that SSR was the best run of the three. We wish we had just stayed there the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter