SSR resale prices

Timeshare Store seems to have the most active listings and great response time from the agents, so I'd love to support them, but nothing I'm willing to pay.

That is who we used, loved them and would definitely use them again if I can find a reasonable contract.

We recently closed on a contract at SSR through Fidelity and I found they had the best prices of all the companies. And even though prices have gone up since we bought, I still think you will find they have the most competitive prices. However, you have to sign up for their email list and jump on the contract within minutes because they go fast!

We recently closed on a contract at SSR through Fidelity and I found they had the best prices of all the companies. And even though prices have gone up since we bought, I still think you will find they have the most competitive prices. However, you have to sign up for their email list and jump on the contract within minutes because they go fast!

I came really close yesterday. They posted one without the email and I found it by accident...but it sold

Watching contracts sit all week. Wish the sellers would just take reasonable offers so we could all move on with our lives. Multiple contracts that could work for me but I refuse to pay $110/point for any SSR contract, especially one that doesn't have 2017 points. Forget the ones that are listed for $125. If they want that much, they'd better have both 2017 points and banked 2016 points. I'm scarred now by the rejections I have gotten - won't even bother to make offers any more if they're asking that much because clearly the seller isn't in the in the same ballpark as I am and the listing agents are working for the sellers, of course - which makes it hard to be a buyer :( Guess Disney is going to end up the winner if something doesn't change first. Sellers aren't selling and buyers aren't buying... so we'll end up buying direct.

Watching contracts sit all week. Wish the sellers would just take reasonable offers so we could all move on with our lives. Multiple contracts that could work for me but I refuse to pay $110/point for any SSR contract, especially one that doesn't have 2017 points. Forget the ones that are listed for $125. If they want that much, they'd better have both 2017 points and banked 2016 points. I'm scarred now by the rejections I have gotten - won't even bother to make offers any more if they're asking that much because clearly the seller isn't in the in the same ballpark as I am and the listing agents are working for the sellers, of course - which makes it hard to be a buyer :( Guess Disney is going to end up the winner if something doesn't change first. Sellers aren't selling and buyers aren't buying... so we'll end up buying direct.

Can't really blame the sellers, especially if they just listed. It's possible the market has slowed down a little, so it might be good as a buyer to remain patient.

Can't really blame the sellers, especially if they just listed. It's possible the market has slowed down a little, so it might be good as a buyer to remain patient.

I think I'm just trying to make sense out of prices that don't I'm a math teacher - every time I consider a contract, I'm comparing it to resale, price to rent the missing points etc. If the numbers don't make sense it makes my brain hurt!

We have 2 10 day basic tickets that have never been used. We will be at Disneyworld from December 20- January 6. Can we use the unused tickets toward renewing our AP's that expire June 23? At around $505, the difference wouldn't be more than $100, probably less.

A little late, but I don't think anyone has addressed your question, so here goes:

You can use those 10 day tickets toward AP renewal. However, since your AP's don't expire until June 23, you won't be able to renew them at the time of your trip next month. AP's can only be renewed inside a 90 day window...60 days before expiration, and 30 days after.

If the Platinum Plus AP is important to you, you could just use the 10 day tickets toward the purchase of them outright at the current discounted price (which is a steal *if* you use the water parks or go during blackout dates). Then, not activate them until your next trip after your current AP's expire. A $310 dollar savings is substantial.

We are doing something similar. My wife's AP expires in January. We will be buying the Platinum Passes outright, instead of renewing her AP. The reason for this is that we are doing a big Disneyland trip this year instead of WDW (already have our VGC stay booked....whoop!). We will book a short WDW trip in November or December next year, so we can activate the PP AP's before the December 31 deadline, then have them active for 3 or 4 trips in 2019. If we simply renewed her AP to a PP, we'd be paying that entire year for basically nothing.

Did you say you were going to buy 60 points if you went direct? If so, I didn't know you could buy that few without owning a contract already. That might not be a bad idea at all.

Did you say you were going to buy 60 points if you went direct? If so, I didn't know you could buy that few without owning a contract already. That might not be a bad idea at all.

The direct minimum for most DVC property new purchases is 50 ppints.

The direct minimum for most DVC property new purchases is 50 ppints.
Ok, I'm not sure what I was thinking. The pricing right now is not what I am willing to pay for resale. Fidelity looks like the only broker that still might have a decent price on some of the properties, even with their added extra fee of some sort. I think I might just look for a SSR or AKV resale contract if the prices come down a bit in the future, or with Fidelity.

I just think it may be even more of a challenge to get a 50 point resale, at a decent price, than ever before now.

Ok, I'm not sure what I was thinking. The pricing right now is not what I am willing to pay for resale. Fidelity looks like the only broker that still might have a decent price on some of the properties, even with their added extra fee of some sort. I think I might just look for a SSR or AKV resale contract if the prices come down a bit in the future, or with Fidelity.

I just think it may be even more of a challenge to get a 50 point resale, at a decent price, than ever before now.

Yes, I noticed that as well for BLT. Asking $150 or more per point, and selling quickly. I gave up even looking. I'll just save that money and put it into OTU purchases.

I am not really looking to buy until late this year or early next year, so time will tell whether or not I decide to do so. But the resale prices are through the roof. Right now, a 50 points direct purchase for Hilton Head in close to what a resale purchase could be, I'm thinking? But I am now leaning toward SSR, OKW or AKVs.

My experience with Fidelity is that the prices they list on their website is a starting bid, of sorts.

I've attempted to buy two different contracts through them, and both times I placed an offer for full asking price on their website. I also called, but was never able to actually talk to an agent...always had to leave a message. Both times, I received a call a couple of weeks later, informing me that the price was now actually $XX per point, as others had offered more...but they were giving me the opportunity to place another "offer".

Maybe they've changed since then, but I'm done with them. Looking at their pricing compared to everyone else, I'm guessing they haven't changed.

My experience with Fidelity is that the prices they list on their website is a starting bid, of sorts.

I've attempted to buy two different contracts through them, and both times I placed an offer for full asking price on their website. I also called, but was never able to actually talk to an agent...always had to leave a message. Both times, I received a call a couple of weeks later, informing me that the price was now actually $XX per point, as others had offered more...but they were giving me the opportunity to place another "offer".

Maybe they've changed since then, but I'm done with them. Looking at their pricing compared to everyone else, I'm guessing they haven't changed.

We just cleared ROFR through Fidelity and it's been great... we were the first offer in, at full price, and they presented it to the seller first even though other (potentially higher) offers were on the table. Maybe we just got lucky, maybe they've changed how they do things, or maybe the seller in your situation was adamant about creating a bidding war. Hard to tell...

I got a fully loaded, with previous years banked points for £75 a point back in Jan- glad I pushed the button when I did now!
Was looking at an add on, but looking at this thread it now looks like a 25 pointer is better direct.
What's the score with dues and use year buying direct. I want a Feb use year, SSR, if they sell me one would they give me pre Feb points free of dues? And could I bank those Feb 16-17 points into next year?
Thanks

What's the score with dues and use year buying direct. I want a Feb use year, SSR, if they sell me one would they give me pre Feb points free of dues? And could I bank those Feb 16-17 points into next year?
Thanks

Yes, you would get 25 2017 points, with prorated 2017 dues. You would only pay 1/6th at this point. These points would be bankable, even though they are past the deadline, as long as you call MS to do so.

Seems like everyone likes to try to buy the last few months of the UY for the "extra" or "loaded" points factor, so the waitlist tends to build the closer you get. If you want them, I'd call today to see if they are readily available. If not, get on the waitlist.

I was just looking this weekend with my son and I can't believe how much higher they are!! I added two contracts in June at SSR and paid $75/pt and $77/pt for each one. One did have a delayed closing (we close at the end of November) but still...I as really surprised how much more they are!!

Well I was only looking at a 25 pointer to boost my points a bit. Whilst I'm loath to pay it, at these resale prices you may as well go direct, get this year's points for hardly any dues and be able to bank them, and be able to use them for when I need to book in December. Added bonus I'll get a blue DVC card and closing is about $200. So I rang today and got on the waitlist. Rep was helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!