SSR stay...sub-par!!!

Dman67

Local WDW Fan
Just arrived home from a 4-day stay at SSR. The vacation was great but I must say that we were pretty disappointed in our room. Typically we stay in one or two bedroom villas to allow for more room to stretch our legs so to speak. This was the first time in about 5 or 6 years that we stayed in a studio. The room size wasn't an issue as we made do with the smaller space. What was really disappointing was the couch & the mini fridge. Both were in pretty sad shape and needed to be replaced. The fridge had rust across the bottom and a broken shelf and would only operate at the coldest temp which ended up freezing most of the items in the fridge. The couch had cushions that sank into the frame when you sat on it making it very uncomfortable. My 7 year old who never really complains about anything even noticed how uncomfortable the couch was. Really disappointing when it is the primary seating area in the studio room. Lastly the closet door was broken when we walked in at the start of our stay. That required a call to maintenance. They came quickly and apparently fixed it only to find a day later that they didn't. Thus more calls to fix it. I also reported the fridge and couch but that appeared to have fallen on deaf ears as nothing was done about either. These types of wear & tear things are what concern me about our DVC purchase. I am hoping this stay is not indicative of the direction DVC is going with their care & maintenance upkeep. Very disappointing
!

That's disappointing to hear -- what area were you staying in? Was everything else okay? Those mini-fridges can be iffy, but I guess I haven't had a bad one in a DVC before. I thought I had read that they had been refurbing SSR rooms.

Still loving your photo collages -- done anymore recently?

I'm wondering if you are staying in one of the non-refurbished rooms. SSR is going through a major refurb that will be completed in September. This means if you have a non-refurbished room, it is near the end of its life cycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter