SSR Trip Report- Loved It!

northcapemaymom

Mouseketeer
Hello there! My family was one of the "thousands" of Jersey folks who made the pilgramage to Disney World last week. We had a blast! Our home for the week was a 2-BR villa on the third floor facing Downtown Disney at SSR. It was one of the most pleasant views we've ever had at a Disney resort. The villa was well maintained and all the amenities were in working order. One feature of the rooms that may be confusing is all the doors near the master bathroom area. Anyone who has stayed there would know what I'm talking about. We're talking doors galore! The resort itself is lovely and the construction is definitely coming along. The walk from the Congress Park buildings to Disney Marketplace takes about 7-10 minutes, and it is very well lit along the path during the evening hours. The only "downside" to the resort layout is the boat area. First, good luck finding it. Second, it is good for a leisure boat ride if you have no time agenda. My kids and I tried to catch a ride to Marketplace- the boat had just left and a CM told me another boat to the same place would back in about an hour. An hour? I could have swam that distance in less time. Oh well - we were on vacation and flexible with our time and choices. We went to OKW instead for a ride (and boy is OKW a nice place!!)

We went to MNSSHP on Halloween. What a hoot! We rode the rides, saw the parade, and received tons of candy! We would splurge on that event again in the future. We also did the Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue on Wednesday night (it was my birthday present). Again, an event that we would splurge on again! We had so much fun and the food was really good. Gotta love those ribs and strawberry shortcake!

The parks weren't too bad but I think the volume of people increased as the week went on. We managed to do all the things that are our favorites throughout our stay.

One aspect of our trip that kept me smiling was how nice the CMs were at our resort and the parks. And I have to put in a plug for the New Jersey crowd also - we met and talked to some of the nicest people from our home "Garden State".

Now we're settling into reality and dreaming of our next trip - we would definitely stay at SSR again, but OKW is looking mighty fine, too! Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the trip report! I have NJ friends who were there from Thursday on, so I guess they were part of the increased crowds later in the week.

Bobbi:D

Sounds like a great trip! We saw SSR only from the water on a boat trip from OKW to DD. It looks pretty but I wish I had gone and visited on my trip a few weeks ago. Thanks for writing a great trip report:p

Lisa

Hi,

Thanks for posting!!! Glad you had a good time!

Allison

Very nice report! So glad you had a lovely vacation and a beautiful stay at SSR!

Great report! So glad you liked SSR and OKW! You really have to see OKW to appreciate it!

Glad to hear you had such a good time.Nice to see such good reports on SSR.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter