St Augustine.. trip report, w/ hotel, restaurants, and sites, & tour included...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
DH and I just returned from a trip to St. Augustine. 3 nights

We stayed at Casa Monica - this is a Marriott product. Very cool hotel, up scale hotel. This a group reward trip from my DH's work. I can not speak to the cost of the rooms. It is located in the heart of the old town area, so walking was the way to go.

The rooms are very clean, and well maintain considering the age of the buildings, super comfy beds and nice pillows, and very clean and well appointed bathroom and plenty of good quality linens.

Valet parking is the only options so plan on 35.00 night.

Costa Brava - is located at the hotel... welcome dinner... Very good, not outstanding.. yet still, very very good. I say this with such a large group its hard to please everyone... Service was outstanding...on point from start to finish. We would absolutely dine here again.
There is a dress code, yet all of the men were wearing nicer dress shorts, and nothing was said to our group or in the main restaurant.

Nice bar area, cozy without feeling like your on top of other guest. Great bartenders on point.

Roosevelt Room - Brunch... DH went with the omelet Ham w/ Brie, Dijon Bechamel, Potatoes and a side of crispy bacon, He was not a fan of the omelet, in said way to much dijon bechamel, I did take a bite and I do agree, that it over powered the whole omelet. I had that Broccoli cheddar quiche which was delicious it was almost cake like, it was suppose to have baby kale, dressed with a light vinaigrette instead it was just a mixed lettuce, undressed.. I did get a side of potatoes, yummy.

Columbia Restaurant - Group dinner - and this did not disappoint... very outstanding, food, service, and atmosphere... Even with a large group they stayed on point, and took really great care of us. The paella is what several people went with including DH and it did not disappoint, I did get a couple of bites and I can say it was worth the extra time it took. I went with the stuffed shrimp, this is one of my favorite dishes at the Columbia, the crab stuffing is simple and soo tasty...

Prohibition Kitchen - Early lunch - Awesome Burgers - we both went for Burgers... DH did the build your own, and for me triple mushroom burger... Please of you go, make sure your really hungry the burgers are huge, and super filling... We had the deviled eggs as a appetizer and they were really quite tasty... I went for the potato salad as my side, it was southern style without being to sweet, and made perfectly, not overly wet, worth the cost of the upgrade on the side.The atmosphere and decor is modern speakeasy... very cool...

I did want to address that in the evening there is live music and has much more of a bar feel, and as the evening gets later the college kids start pouring in and pouring themselves out if you get my meaning...

Harry's Seafood - dinner -
smaller group, they do not have seating for more than 6 at a table, so we had 9 and they were very nice to accommodate us and had 2 table next to each other. We did sit outside the weather was perfect. Live music, not a band, solo performer was really talented. DH went with the shrimp and grits, and enjoyed them, I had the crab cakes and they were absolutely terrible, they had so many hot peppers, they were inedible, thankfully the smashed potatoes were good... Service was on point, the food coming out of the kitchen was beyond slow...

We did a private ghost tour trolley tour as a group... and I for one am not one for this type of tour, and it really was corny, and completely not worth it. The trolley seemed to not be in very good repair, as in the brakes most likely needed some work... The story teller mentioned several times tipping, which once should be enough.

The fort is within easy walking distant of the hotel, and if you pay for the trolley which I strongly suggest, you can easily get around and see all the site's,.

For the shopper - lots and lots of shops,... as well 2 outlet malls...

Overall we had a great time. I will say a Florida resident we have been to St. Augustine many time, its a fun place, with quite a bit to do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter