!st ever wdw trip plan - help

jmrr

Earning My Ears
I have been reading this forum since April - here's my plan for me, DH, DS8, and DD7 for Aug 28 - Sept 4

Day 1 arrive MCO at 10 am, AK quick then MGM for Mama Melrose's at 5 and fantasmic

Day 2 MGM with hoop de do at 5

Day 3 MK with CRT at 5:30

Day 4 Epcot and possibly water park

Day 5 MK then Epcot for coral reef at 5:30

Day 6 Chef Mickey's at 8 am then AK or back to MGM

Day 7 water park or whatever we missed

Day 8 flight out at 1

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Looks good. Here are my comments.
- I wouldn't do a Park and Water Park the same day. Not a good use of tickets.
- I would recommend doing DTD or Mini Golf the same day as the water park.
- For first time visitors try to do one park per day. Don't waste time in transit.
- Have you considered a quick trip to US/IOA/ or Seaworld.

My recommend schedule:

Day 1 MGM for Mama Melrose's at 5 and fantasmic

Day 2 AK

Day 3 TL water park DTD

Day 4 MK with CRT at 5:30

Day 5 Epcot for coral reef at 5:30/ tour Boardwalk area.

Day 6 BB Water Park - DTD

Day 7 MK with hoop de do at 5 (Visit WL)

Day 8 flight out at 1

Day 1 arrive MCO at 10 am, AK quick then MGM for Mama Melrose's at 5 and fantasmic

For what it's worth -- in my humble opinion: If you are arriving at MCO at 10 am --in a "perfect world" you may not be 'in your room' until MUCH later. Depending on your 'touring style' -- you might not be able to make AK for any meaningful time.

thanks for the suggestions - might skip ak for day 1

- we aren't renting a car so off-site things are out - using ME

- forgot to plan for dtd so that I will add in

I think my kids will be more interested in mgm then mk - DS8 not sure about roller coasters but can't wait to do test track.

Keep the suggestions coming!! :)

First trip? Dont count on hopping so much.

Day 1: go straight to mgm, skip AK.

Day 2: water park before HDDR. You wont have to use a regular park day tix and you'll be done at the park with plenty of time to wash up and have a great time at HDDR.

Day 3 looks good.

Day 4: AK

Day 5:Epcot

Day 6: from CM go to epcot for some things you missed then head over to MGM and do the same,

Day 7 and 8 look good. We like to have breakfast at Wispering canyone on departure day.

I like your ideas. Thanks for the suggestions - I will keep checking back if anyone else would like to add anything!! Only 18 days to go!! :goodvibes

Day 1 arrive MCO at 10 am, AK quick then MGM for Mama Melrose's at 5 and fantasmic I would skip AK and just do MGM - you will be more able to take your time instead of trying to rush through.

Day 2 MGM with hoop de do at 5I would change this to AK with HDD as you would have completed MGM day before.

Day 3 MK with CRT at 5:30 - perfect!

Day 4 Epcot and possibly water park I think I would bump Epcot and do a complete day on day 5 here. Too much to try and take in with a water park day. Do the water park in AM and maybe disney quest at night with downtown disney.

Day 5 MK then Epcot for coral reef at 5:30 I would do Epcot all day - alot to take in here with a lot of walking. Maybe even go back to room for rest and a swim and come back 5ish to make your reservation then wander around until Illuminations

Day 6 Chef Mickey's at 8 am then AK or back to MGMPersonally I have to end my trip at MK and if you can spend a full day at MGM and AK other days then you can usually get it all in on those days. I like to save the last 2 days to rehit Epcot and MK and redo anything. But you could also change chef mickeys to Donalds Breakfastsaurus and actually be at AK instead of having to hop on another bus - less transporting around. Just my 2 cents.

Day 7 water park or whatever we missed - great!

Day 8 flight out at 1Still time to return to DTD if you have any last minute shopping you want to get in or you could fit in a character breakfast like 1900 park at the GF or Chef Mickeys at the Contemp (If you really wanted to do CHef Mickeys (like on day 6).

Have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter