Stadium seats (cushions) allowed for parades?

Dale-n-Chip

DIS Veteran
I've been reading a lot of posts regarding "camping out" for parades/fireworks and Fantasmic as well as the size of the crowds. My concern is sitting on my behind for two hours on the cold, hard ground! Plus DM isn't one to get down on the ground for much (she says that after 65, joints aren't as cooperative as they used to be).

I've read posters say DL won't let any sort of chair through the gates (bummer!), so I'm thinking stadium seats/cushions. The ones I have my eye on are cordura-type nylon with cushy bottoms and attached adjustable back and are designed for carting along to the Angels, Raiders or your kid's t-ball games. Folded, they are about the size of a medium pizza box. What do you think--will DL let them in the gates? :confused3

We will drive from AZ, and stay across on Harbor (within easy walking distance), so space isn't really an issue. I'm really more concerned about lugging them there, only for Disney to say "uh-uh." :sad2:

Whaddayathink?

So long as they don't raise you up, their fine. One of my friends brings a cushion with a back rest for Fantasmic because she can't sit w/o some back support for long. No problem bringing something like that in. Mostly, they just don't want you raised up so that you're blocking someone else's view.

What we've done is grab the cushy plush bath towels in the hotel room, wrap them in plastic shopping bags (so they don't get dirty) and then sit on them. We leave them in a locker until it's time to wait. Works out great! If the ground looks yucky or is damp, we'll double-bag the towels so they don't get icky. (Afterall, we still have to use them!) It has saved our tushes a few times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter