Stairs at waterparks?

S

sherrylowe

My family and I are going to WDW in September. While there we are planning a day at a water park, probably Blizzard Beach. Problem is, I tore a ligament in my knee 3 months ago and don't know how it will be feeling come September. Climbing steps is very painful for me right now (not to mention walking). Is anyone familiar with the stair situation at Blizzard Beach? Do most of the rides involve stairs? Is it even worth it for me to go to a water park, or should I let DH and DS go and spend the day by myself in another park?

All the water slides and raft rides involve quite a bit of hiking up stairs. I always get pretty tired after awhile of constantly climbing them! But at Blizzard Beach, I believe the large main pool can be reached easily with no stairs or very few stairs to get there. There was a ski-lift ride there that goes up the "mountain", but I am not sure what ride it connects to. I been checking out this issue, too, since I am going in May with a friend who uses a power wheelchair, and was hoping the main pool was accessible enough so she can get to relax in a beach chair around the pool.

hugsmall3.gif

</IMG>

It's been a while since I've been to the water parks, but we went on a river ride that was very easy to get into and quite relaxing. You sit on an inner tube and the water just carries you along. No steps and no strain.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Thanks for the answers. Any additional comments from anyone else?

I have an awful lot of trouble walking. We go to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach and I have never had problems but then I don't like the waterslides. At Blizzard Beach I did go on one tube ride and took the ski lift up (which scared the heck out of me because I'm afraid of heights) but I don't remember if it went to the other waterslides too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter