Stalking Failed, Waitlist Worked

OrangeCountyCommuter

DIS Veteran
I keep reading about how people got reservations via Stalking and I admit I have been doing that constantly since I had to change my Food & Wine stay due to personal issues. When I changed it I was able to grab 3 nights at SSR, but not the 4th. For the past 4 weeks or so I have been stalking. About 5 minutes ago I got the email telling me that the night had cleared and Disney has modified my reservation! YEAH!

Oddly enough, just last night, i had the opposite happen. I grabbed a room that I needed to add a night to a stay before my waitlist could grab it.

I love when people get what they need/want with a reservation!

The same just happened for me. I actually had 2 WL come in and now I have 2 more in order to stay at the same resort. Even if they don’t I am still happy that 2 of them were granted. I have stalked for weeks and found nothing.

I’ve not had any luck stalking aroom that is waitlisted for. Though I don’t have much luck for my waitlist either. I was WL for oct 31 that never came through for one night. I had to let it go at the 31 day mark because of holding.

Was able to add an extra night onto my son's reservation by stalking (he found out that he could come in a day earlier than previously planned). Our 2 BR is no longer overcrowded!

So I've been building a akv club studio room trip for mid september---- collecting a day here and there to assemble a trip (I know I have to link when finished) and have been waitlisting single days at a time. Three times at least I have checked availability to find that not only is my single day available, but when I book it, there is a second one available. What gives? When do they "click" the "fill waitlist" button?

We decided to take a Disney trip 2-3 weeks ago for Thanksgiving. Of course, I had nothing booked. I was able to get the Polynesian and Boardwalk for our dates by constantly stalking. I would grab one day at a time at any resort.

I also put in 2 wait lists, each for single days, which both came in this past Saturday. MS actually called me to let me know and asked how I wanted to arrange the dates and points. Wow, was I surprised! I never thought my wait list would come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!