Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

MS told me that if the waitlist is waiting to be processed it should say "MATCHED" instead of "Active" now when it matches. I can't say I completely believe this, but FWIW, I don't think @Lesley Wake would have canceled if it said that.

Unless they've changed it within the past week, this doesn't occur anywhere members can see.

I had a waitlist match last week and only found out when I called.

Unless they've changed it within the past week, this doesn't occur anywhere members can see.

I had a waitlist match last week and only found out when I called.

Looking back in this thread to check, it looks like it was two days after your waitlist matched (9/17) but I am also suspicious of what a CM says until i see a screenshot! (Sad but true)

Did you call MS first to verify that your waitlists didnt match before you cancelled them?
MS told me that if the waitlist is waiting to be processed it should say "MATCHED" instead of "Active" now when it matches. I can't say I completely believe this, but FWIW, I don't think @Lesley Wake would have canceled if it said that.
It still showed both of the waitlists on the list and I didn't have a corresponding stay on the Dashboard when I searched. I did call MS to merge the stays into one continuous period.

I asked because MS told me that a diff department checks and they dont know for 24 hours and they added notes to have them email me when it matches.

Looking back in this thread to check, it looks like it was two days after your waitlist matched (9/17) but I am also suspicious of what a CM says until i see a screenshot! (Sad but true)

I actually had another waitlist match on the 24th, which was the one I was referring to. 3 waitlists matched within a 3 week stretch, all of them I found out about because I was contacting member services for something else.

I actually had another waitlist match on the 24th, which was the one I was referring to. 3 waitlists matched within a 3 week stretch, all of them I found out about because I was contacting member services for something else.

1. That is amazing and 2. SMH, Member Services!

Staking Fatigue. Interesting term. I’ve got it ... but not related to DVC, timeshare or even vacations. I’ve been stalking flatbed, utility trailers. Finally brought one home yesterday (loaded with 20 bales of hay) but I still want to search CL for trailers. Why??

I’m completely exhausted by yesterday’s experiences. I allowed my search pendulum full swing from “cheap, used, get-by trailer” to the “ultimate, what-I-really-want trailer” that included having an electronic brake control installed in my truck. Exhausted ... but still searching and comparing. It is an illness and I will recover, right?

As for Disney travel, I’ve had a waitlist for GCV running since day 1 of my 7-month window. I’m rather amazed it hasn’t matched yet. I have Plan B already booked (my other, nearby timeshare) and will be happy either way. I’m only checking the DVC inventory for my dates every two or three weeks ... hardly stalking.

I’m never cancelling a waitlist again without calling. I had one matched for almost a week and had I not called to inquire about getting the night as a cash room, I never would have known and just cancelled it (again).

They need to fix this. It’s a complete and utter waste of CMs’ (& members’ who now will have longer hold times) time to have to check on WL matches.

Last edited:
So, yes, CALL. We never would have known to call without disboards. Thank you all. We got our final night over thanksgiving a few days ago when I called to do a final check! I was ready to just settle on our back up and cancel the waitlist. I decided to call right before doing this, and low and behold, they said the waitlist had come through. There was no indication of this on my dashboard or anywhere, so do call.

For people who don't call to check your waitlist do you eventually get notified? How long is it taking? I have a waitlist for February that is a pipe dream and I am fine with what I have booked so I am only doing minor stalking.

For people who don't call to check your waitlist do you eventually get notified? How long is it taking? I have a waitlist for February that is a pipe dream and I am fine with what I have booked so I am only doing minor stalking.

The problem with this question is that if you don't call and know that your WL matched, then how do you know how long it is taking to get notified. I mentioned in another thread that I called last summer and was told a WL had matched. Since I was on vacation and wanted to get back to having fun when I called [I had called about a different issue], I decided to not ask them to go ahead and manually complete the match because I wanted to see how long it would take. Three weeks later, I finally gave up and called MS again and had it completed. So I absolutely know in my situation it was a minimum of 3 weeks+ to complete the manual match. YMMV.

In the past it wasn't quite as big a deal because your WL would disappear from the Dashboard when it matched and you could call to complete it. Now it doesn't disappear from the Dashboard.

We have had a waitlist for the first day of our vacation at the Riviera. We didn't get our act together at the 7 month mark in August and lost out on the first day and had to wait until day two to book. DH or I would check regularly for availability of that one night. We had booked SSR to cover that night just in case, but wanted all of our nights at one resort. Yesterday we called Member Services to renew our APs and the CM told us that the waist list had come through. It was the one day we did not check the system although DH had looked the night before. Who knows if showed up available before the wait list went through???

Hello, one very happy Member here. On our Transatlantic Cruise ending last week, we booked next year’s TA Cruise, and that meant I had to change our Flower and Garden stay at BCV. Two nights overlapped, but I had to waitlist the next two nights. The seven month date to get those two nights at a different resort is next week when I am on the Member Cruise, and DCL INTERNET is not the best. Today we are in NYC, it’s raining, my friends are out and about the city, I decided to check. Both nights were not available, but one was. :)

I booked that room, and cancelled the two night waitlist and proceeded to try to book the second night, knowing I would have to waitlist it. Well, someone must have just cancelled!! I now have 4 nights that I want!!.....at BCV in a studio!! Now they just need to be linked to be one reservation.

I just wondered about things and tried to book those two night again, and that second night is no longer available. I have no idea if my waitlist would have picked it up....but I am so glad that I had this time on my hands to look and book!!

Bobbi:)

Hello, one very happy Member here. On our Transatlantic Cruise ending last week, we booked next year’s TA Cruise, and that meant I had to change our Flower and Garden stay at BCV. Two nights overlapped, but I had to waitlist the next two nights. The seven month date to get those two nights at a different resort is next week when I am on the Member Cruise, and DCL INTERNET is not the best. Today we are in NYC, it’s raining, my friends are out and about the city, I decided to check. Both nights were not available, but one was. :)

I booked that room, and cancelled the two night waitlist and proceeded to try to book the second night, knowing I would have to waitlist it. Well, someone must have just cancelled!! I now have 4 nights that I want!!.....at BCV in a studio!! Now they just need to be linked to be one reservation.

I just wondered about things and tried to book those two night again, and that second night is no longer available. I have no idea if my waitlist would have picked it up....but I am so glad that I had this time on my hands to look and book!!

Bobbi:)

Fantastic! Congratulations!
Awful weather here today. Hope you were in town yesterday to enjoy the sun and warm weather though!

Just so people know, you can do the online chat and I believe they can check to see if you have a matched wait list,

Unless one is considering cancelling, it probably doesn’t need a check in. But, I did end up with my CCV studio for April 2nd the other night by luck so it beat the waitlist. But, the next morning, there was still a room there, and this was after I canceled the wait list so maybe I had a match. Lol

Fantastic! Congratulations!
Awful weather here today. Hope you were in town yesterday to enjoy the sun and warm weather though!
Went on the Cape May Lewis ferry to Delaware and back yesterday. It was a gorgeous day!
On the TA Cruise, we docked in NYC for overnight, and September 24 WAS a beautiful day.
Hoping for nice weather tomorrow!

Just so people know, you can do the online chat and I believe they can check to see if you have a matched wait list,

Unless one is considering cancelling, it probably doesn’t need a check in. But, I did end up with my CCV studio for April 2nd the other night by luck so it beat the waitlist. But, the next morning, there was still a room there, and this was after I canceled the wait list so maybe I had a match. Lol
I have tested for this exact scenario, and the room shows up once you cancel your waitlist as long as no other waitlists are trying to grab it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!