Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

It took me awhile to get January 10th. I was waitlisted for copper creek walk-in in shower room, but one day it was on the RAT and didn’t fill my waitlist, but I grabbed it. I’m guessing that’s another race weekend. I’m cruising on January 11th, so needed a place to lay my head. Good luck
I hope you got what you needed! All of my “day or nights before and after a cruise” have been filled! Hope you are OK now, too!

I can't be bothered with it all so we are pretty much home resort only bookers with very few exceptions. As more and more people start to do the same it will only get tighter.

I can't be bothered with it all so we are pretty much home resort only bookers with very few exceptions. As more and more people start to do the same it will only get tighter.

Yes we are home resort bookers now with 3 homes. But doing last minute cruises always require a before and after stay. That’s when being flexible and a stalker comes in.

I hope you got what you needed! All of my “day or nights before and after a cruise” have been filled! Hope you are OK now, too!

Thanks, yes I think I’ve gotten my January trip pretty much together. Though we’ve been thinking of doing a mid November 4 night cruise, so not sure if I’m up to the challenge.

Happy for those that are getting their requests filled by stalking and/or WL. Please send your pixie dust my way!

I have a lock off two bedroom booked for the last night of a 10 night stay at GFVs for September 13. I have been unhealthy stalking for about three months with a WL also in place for a dedicated two bedroom (which we are in the first 9 nights). I've seen some movement before/after that week but not for my date :(

Good luck all!

Thanks, yes I think I’ve gotten my January trip pretty much together. Though we’ve been thinking of doing a mid November 4 night cruise, so not sure if I’m up to the challenge.
Our mid November three night cruise is for DH’s 75:cake:We have OKW pre and SSR after, and then we head to the Smoky Mountains and Dollywood for their Christmas offerings.:santa: TheSmoky Mountain trip was always planned, it was the cruise that was the add on!

Our mid November three night cruise is for DH’s 75:cake:We have OKW pre and SSR after, and then we head to the Smoky Mountains and Dollywood for their Christmas offerings.:santa: TheSmoky Mountain trip was always planned, it was the cruise that was the add on!

Sounds like we think alike! We have a 7 night August 31st and a 7 night January 11th, so thought we’d do a 4 night between them. It’s an addiction for sure.

Thanks!! That weekend is the WDW Marathon weekend, so I definitely expected it to be crowded. The RunDisney weekends are always busy, Marathon weekend even more so.

If nothing changes and we have to jump to Jambo in the middle of our stay it's not the worst thing in the world, at least Jambo is close to Kidani so we won't have to haul our stuff all the way across WDW to another resort. We just REALLY want the 2nd bathroom that you get in the Kidani 1 bedrooms, the extra shower will come in handy since we're 3 women running 48.6 miles in 4 days (yes, we're crazy, but that's another thread topic :ccat:).

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to stalk I go.....

Waitlist for the (sort of) win!! My savanna-view 1 bedroom at Kidani came through overnight so at least now, even if we have to move rooms in the middle, we get to stay in the same building and we still get the second shower :worship: .

Still stalking for the standard-view 1 bedroom but if nothing changes I'll be satisfied with what we've got :D

Waitlist for the (sort of) win!! My savanna-view 1 bedroom at Kidani came through overnight so at least now, even if we have to move rooms in the middle, we get to stay in the same building and we still get the second shower :worship: .

Still stalking for the standard-view 1 bedroom but if nothing changes I'll be satisfied with what we've got :D

Fantastic news! Please send pixie dust my way! Keep up the stalk and good luck!!

We decided too late to do two nights, Nov 10-12, as a side trip from another thing we're doing in Florida. I only have 25 points left to use, so I'm really limited in my options.

Initally I wait listed each night separately at AKV and then stalked. About two weeks in I got one night at SSR. I gave up my waitlist for two new waitlists, one for the one night at SSR and the other for the two nights together AKV. I look 1-3 times a day, when it strikes me.

The room I got via stalking actually continued to show availability for nearly a week after I got it. It's for Nov 11. I'd checked earlier that day and there was nothing, and I find it weird that later that day there was not only a room for me, but enough studios for one night at SSR that it hung around for 6 more days.

As my back up plan we book at All Stars room for the Sunday. Not my first choice, but since I can cancel that with no penalty up to 5 days before hand also a good insurance policy! I'm hoping when we get to 31 days I get my one night.

We decided too late to do two nights, Nov 10-12, as a side trip from another thing we're doing in Florida. I only have 25 points left to use, so I'm really limited in my options.

Initally I wait listed each night separately at AKV and then stalked. About two weeks in I got one night at SSR. I gave up my waitlist for two new waitlists, one for the one night at SSR and the other for the two nights together AKV. I look 1-3 times a day, when it strikes me.

The room I got via stalking actually continued to show availability for nearly a week after I got it. It's for Nov 11. I'd checked earlier that day and there was nothing, and I find it weird that later that day there was not only a room for me, but enough studios for one night at SSR that it hung around for 6 more days.

As my back up plan we book at All Stars room for the Sunday. Not my first choice, but since I can cancel that with no penalty up to 5 days before hand also a good insurance policy! I'm hoping when we get to 31 days I get my one night.

I just got my Sunday night room for SSR, so now I have the two consecutive nights I was looking for. I'd stopped stalking entirely, mostly b/c I was busy and would forget. I'm keeping the AKV waitlist just in case. I was a bit surprised to get my room in July rather than 31 days out, but glad I don't have to think about it.

I just got my Sunday night room for SSR, so now I have the two consecutive nights I was looking for. I'd stopped stalking entirely, mostly b/c I was busy and would forget. I'm keeping the AKV waitlist just in case. I was a bit surprised to get my room in July rather than 31 days out, but glad I don't have to think about it.

Congratulations! Im on my third month of unhealthy stalking. Did you get your Sunday night by checking or WL.

Send pixie dust my way!

Congratulations!

They do work! I only use periodic "stalking" if I'm looking for a room to check for the options that can't be waitlisted because of the 2 waitlist restriction.
I have had WLs and stalking and then would see my room available (this happened a few times in January when I was stalking my 8 night BLT stay over Marathon Weekend) while stalking and grab it, while my WL didn't catch it.
So now I just do both LOL

I am so relieved to see this is a thing! I've only been stalking for a week but I'm already finding myself over it. We decided 2 weeks too late/past the 7M window to include my mom for a weekend with other family members. We're already booked in a 2bd Savannah view at Kidani for 4 nights and I'm trying to get her a standard view studio for 2 nights. So far I'm on the WL and booked at OKW- which I might as well cancel because she won't want to be on the opposite end of the world. I stalk the site at least every 3 hours all day and have seen studios at all the elusive places -- VGF, BLT, CC, Poly, BWV but nothing at Kidani... I REALLY don't want to burn 30 pts for Savannah view but I would even book that just to have something. Just slightly surprised with the larger inventory there has been nothing yet. I'm trying to remain optimistic but it is Pro Bowl weekend (looking for a Sat/Sun) reservation so I'm not sure what my odds are. To make things more annoying I'm trying to blueprint our dining plans (planning on family meal at CRT with my 2.5yo daughter & 5yo son) and don't feel good about my plan because the lodging piece of the puzzle isn't in place. I've been looking for Th/Fr too but haven't found something both nights, just one. I know I have time but. I. Want. It. Now!!

I keep stalking for my upcoming October trip in case I find something that the waitlist doesn't pick up. Doesn't look like it's going to happen for me but I still check. Yes, its very frustrating. I remember back in 2011 / 2012 you could get a lot of rooms at 7 months no problem.

I've been stalking a studio for 2 nights in early December since late May.
I already have one studio at BCV that I booked at 11 months but our son and his friend decided to join us and wanted their own villa.

I was able to get the two nights at SSR within the first week or so of stalking. I waitlisted BCV and AKL but continued to stalk for one of my son's preferred locations.

At first I was stalking often, several times an hour, but serious fatigue set in. This morning I checked the dates and saw that BRV was available so I switched the SSR reservation to BRV. Then through chat I asked member services if it was possible to keep the waitlists in place for the reservation.

I was shocked by member services reply... "You need to give us a call. Your Beach Club waitlist matched!"
So my story is that while I was able to find alternate options by stalking, the reservation I really wanted came through by waitlisting.

I'm so happy the stalking is over!

I have a waitlist and I've been stalking a 2 bedroom at AK Kidani for Mid-November. I had a 1 bedroom reservation, but we really wanted a 2. The weekend of our arrival I happened to catch via stalking and reserved the 2 bedroom. I added a second WL for the Monday - Saturday. I just now went on and found 4 more consecutive days (it had been holding at 3 days) so I cancelled my 1 bedroom and booked Tuesday - Saturday from stalking. So now I have a reservation for a 1 BR for Monday and a WL for a 2 bedroom for Monday. I am going to keep stalking, but I figured it's not going to hurt to have the WL as well, right? I would have kept the 1 BR but my mother just informed me she was going to try to come stay for a bit while we are there, so I now Need a second bedroom.

I stalk randomly. Whenever I think about it or my kids have taken over the TV....there is no method to my madness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!