Stalking Wins!

mom2rb

DIS Veteran
I waitlisted GCR from September 8-12 in a one bedroom. I was looking today and grabbed the 10-12 in a one bedroom and the 9th in a 2 bedroom. When I called to change my waitlist, the 12th popped up and she grabbed it for me. Now all I have waitlisted is the 9th in a 1 bedroom so we don’t have to move, but if we do who cares. DH’s birthday is on the 9th and mine is on the 11th.

Our boys will be 21 during the trip and for Christmas I asked for one last family trip. I didn’t travel with my parents much in my 20s. I don’t think that I will have many more family trips until grandkids.

Congrats!
Stalking always wins for me. I actually have an auto refresh on my computer looking for GFV standard studio for one night, September 6.
However, last week I had September 7-14 as a WL for GFVs, standard studio and sure enough, I was doing my stalking and the full week
was just sitting there and I took it. I don't have any reason to give why my WL wasn't granted and it was sitting there. I went in and
canceled my WL now just have September 6 I am waiting for and fairly confident it will show up.

In January, during Marathon Weekend, I stalked my way (I also had WLs) to 8 night BLT LV studio, a feat some on here said could never happen LOL

My kids are 25 and almost 21 and both still in school and after my dd-25 graduates from law school in May, I'm fairly confident our
HHI August trip will be the last one for a while as a family since she has a job waiting for September. Enjoy while you can!

I was previously "team stalk" (and still have my browser extension refreshing constantly). But I did have something weird happen recently with a waitlist. I had my refresh set for every 2 minutes. I literally saw a room I had been looking for (1 night Poly SV Studio) finally pop up on the refresh, and by the time I clicked on my dashboard to modify my current reservation it had disappeared. A few minutes later it showed up in my dashboard as booked via waitlist. I thought that was so crazy, because I had previously strung vacations together via constant stalking, including picking up and modifying AK CL studio/1-bedrooms in order to get a week in a 2-bedroom as people kept walks going. I never thought something would be snagged by the WL that quickly. It was really strange.

I was previously "team stalk" (and still have my browser extension refreshing constantly). But I did have something weird happen recently with a waitlist. I had my refresh set for every 2 minutes. I literally saw a room I had been looking for (1 night Poly SV Studio) finally pop up on the refresh, and by the time I clicked on my dashboard to modify my current reservation it had disappeared. A few minutes later it showed up in my dashboard as booked via waitlist. I thought that was so crazy, because I had previously strung vacations together via constant stalking, including picking up and modifying AK CL studio/1-bedrooms in order to get a week in a 2-bedroom as people kept walks going. I never thought something would be snagged by the WL that quickly. It was really strange.

Wow, that was very strange. I can tell you that, for me, the magic amount of seconds seems to be 7-10 seconds for refresh. I currently have the auto refresh for every 7 seconds, which still seems long enough. Ten seconds was good too but didn't need/want longer.

How do you know your room becomes available with auto refresh? How does one set an auto refresh?

How do you know your room becomes available with auto refresh? How does one set an auto refresh?

I put in my search, September 6-7 at GFVs, standard studio.
The RAT tells me not available and WL.
I set up the auto refresh to keep checking for above. It is like when you do manually and hit the cursor to the refresh arrow-thing on the top of the screen.
I set for every 7-10 seconds. If the room becomes available, it shows me I can book and doesn't show WL. I do not know the directions on how to set up the auto refresh but someone on here told me so you can do a search Chrome Auto refresh or I think I also went to google and asked how to set up auto refresh with Chrome. I am technically challenged and it was easy for me to do.

Also, now it is always on my Chome at work so I don't have to do every time I search. I can stop/start at any time I want.

Let me know if you end up doing this and how it worked out.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter