Stamping

TammyNC

DIS Veteran
I am just getting into stamping but have already fallen in love with it. I am not a very creative person but if I look at something I can do it. I was wondering if anyone had some good websites that they have used to get ideas from. If you have any tips or words of wisdom to a beginner those would be appreciated also. :sunny: Thanks in advance.

Oh do I have links:

The first is Gingerwood - which then links to many other stamping/product links. Gingerwood

Hero Arts has a nice webpage with lots of ideas: Hero Arts

And, papercrafts magazine has a nice website too. They kind of "cross" a little between stamping and scrapping, but still some great ideas! papercrafts magazine

Do you have a nice stamping store near you? Some stamping stores will have a "stamping night" where for a really small fee ( ~$5 to 10) where you can go in and use the stores demo stamps. Plus, you'll meet a lot of really nice people too.

Like yourself, I can copy just about any idea, and make it my own. Once in a while I can come up with an idea that is truly creative - clearly not very often.

Keep track of any good sales at micheal's, hobby lobby etc. That will help to control your expenses.

As far as how to

Good Luck and have fun!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the sites. I don't know of a stamping store around but I do have a Michaels just up the road and there is AC Moore and Hobby Lobby about 30 minutes away. I have a few Stampin' Up sets as well.

TammyNC said:
I have a few Stampin' Up sets as well.

I went to my first Stampin' Up party a few weeks ago. I really had no interest in stamping at all, but I was hoping they'd have something I could use in my scrapbooks. I fell in love with everything! I got the catalog/idea book, held my first party last week and I'm so excited that I earned over $150 in free stuff! I'm having the hardest time deciding what I want to get though because I want everything. My dd and I have made a few cards already and I'm surprised at how fun and easy stamping is! I don't think I'll ever buy another card again, and I'm going to use a lot of the alphabet stamps, papers and tags in my scrapbooks. I've done some price comparison, and I've found that their cardstock, stamp sets and ink pads are a very good price compared to Michaels and Joann's. You do have to assemble your stamps, but it's really easy and I actually enjoy doing it. Some of their basics - like stamp cleaner, adhesives and certain tools are a better deal at the craft stores. Try and find a consultant in your area - I think you'll LOVE all they have to offer in products and ideas, especially if you're a beginner like me.

I get many ideas from splitcoaststampers.com

It is mainly stampinup sets used in the gallery.

If you register you can see galleries for the stampinup mini catalogues. sneak peeks even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!