Standard Studios (Partial Savanna) at Jambo House

I must admit, I miss the days of guaranteed pool view with a standard. There's a reason these savanna views are reclassified. :rolleyes:

Have you tried asking for pool view when you arrive to check-in? I know there are plenty of people like me that really prefer Savannah view (despite the walk) when staying on standard points.
I would think you have a good chance at getting pool view if you ask.

BTW, THANKS LisaS for keeping this list going!

Can you request a specific room or no? I am renting points and put in for the savannah view but if I could pay for standard and get a view room I WOULD be thrilled

Can you request a specific room or no? I am renting points and put in for the savannah view but if I could pay for standard and get a view room I WOULD be thrilled

While you can request a specific room, DVC operates on 98%+ occupancy, so the chance that your specified room will be open on the day that you check in is very slim.

LisaS, thank you for gathering this information. This is a great thread. Does anyone have any view photos to show us?

LisaS, thank you for gathering this information. This is a great thread. Does anyone have any view photos to show us?

This was 5545- standard view studio

p1052969755-4.jpg

Have you tried asking for pool view when you arrive to check-in? I know there are plenty of people like me that really prefer Savannah view (despite the walk) when staying on standard points. I would think you have a good chance at getting pool view if you ask. BTW, THANKS LisaS for keeping this list going!

I always request a pool view when booking standard but ALWAYS get one of the reclassified standard savannah views. I just think they now significantly outnumber the pool views.

We had a lovely pool view studio lock off last week . I think it was room 5406 Right off the lobby next to the bridge. My husband was sitting at the pool bar when I called him on his cell to look up!

Here's 5210 from last year:

fdzptc.jpg

I'll be checking in later this week in a standard studio. If there is a new data point to be added I'll post.

Booked a standard view but it's a relatively good savannah view. I noticed 5257 is also on this list, and were down from there with what I would assume is a better view. Two giraffes out and about now.

j14so2.jpg

Last edited:
It's always a treat to see a photo of some of the animals at AKV. I've added your info about room 5267 to the list:

AKV/Jambo House rooms reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5210: Studio, Sunset, first room along the Kudu Trail (Airb330)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5253: 1BR, Sunset, near people pen. Some animals and birds visible.(Camshell)
5255: Studio, near people pen. Saw giraffes, antelopes and birds.(Camshell)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5267: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (Airb330)
5322: Studio, Sunset, over a people pen (Simba's Mom)
5345: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (com_op_2000)
5348: Studio, Sunset, view of people pen and animal barns (rlduvall)
5372: Studio, Sunset, in a corner above the last spur near a "people pen" (erionm); "great view" (ryanmcin)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail (rlduvall)
5522: Studio, Uzima, just before the last spur, over a people pen (mmmagic7754)
5528: Studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan, Splashboat)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near an inside corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5547: Studio, Uzima, half way down the last spur, great animal viewing (hbg4)
5548: Studio, Uzima, near corner on inside of last spur (WDW_Diane)
5549: 1BR, Uzima, half way down the last spur, great animal viewing (hbg4)
5550: 1BR, Uzima, on the last spur near a people pen (Ggatorgirl)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near Arusha/Uzima fence (mousefan1972)
5580: 1BR, Arusha/Uzima border, last 1BR on Zebra/Uzima (eandesmom)
5582: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, 2nd to last room on Zebra trail (extraredstuff)
5584: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, last room on Zebra trail next to exit stairs (Ansky)

????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)

Here's 5210 from last year:

fdzptc.jpg

I'll be checking in later this week in a standard studio. If there is a new data point to be added I'll post.
We stayed in 5210 last December. LOVED IT! I believe it was the first room along Kudu trail which was reclassified. I found it VERY CONVENIENT as we didn't need an elevator..VERY close to stairs, walk down 2 floors right by concierge. Would DEFINATELY recommend! ENJOY!:thumbsup2:jumping3:

We stayed in 5210 last December. LOVED IT! I believe it was the first room along Kudu trail which was reclassified. I found it VERY CONVENIENT as we didn't need an elevator..VERY close to stairs, walk down 2 floors right by concierge. Would DEFINATELY recommend! ENJOY!:thumbsup2:jumping3:
Yes we asked for it again but didn't get it. I hope whoever has it enjoys it!

Thanks LisaS for continuing to update. Again I assume it's classified as a std view, since that's what we booked. They didn't mention an upgrade though we did check in at 1am since we were on the last flight out of Philadelphia.

It's always a treat to see a photo of some of the animals at AKV. I've added your info about room 5267 to the list:

AKV/Jambo House rooms reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5210: Studio, Sunset, first room along the Kudu Trail (Airb330)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5253: 1BR, Sunset, near people pen. Some animals and birds visible.(Camshell)
5255: Studio, near people pen. Saw giraffes, antelopes and birds.(Camshell)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5267: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (Airb330)
5322: Studio, Sunset, over a people pen (Simba's Mom)
5345: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (com_op_2000)
5348: Studio, Sunset, view of people pen and animal barns (rlduvall)
5372: Studio, Sunset, in a corner above the last spur near a "people pen" (erionm); "great view" (ryanmcin)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail (rlduvall)
5522: Studio, Uzima, just before the last spur, over a people pen (mmmagic7754)
5528: Studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan, Splashboat)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near an inside corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5547: Studio, Uzima, half way down the last spur, great animal viewing (hbg4)
5548: Studio, Uzima, near corner on inside of last spur (WDW_Diane)
5549: 1BR, Uzima, half way down the last spur, great animal viewing (hbg4)
5550: 1BR, Uzima, on the last spur near a people pen (Ggatorgirl)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near Arusha/Uzima fence (mousefan1972)
5580: 1BR, Arusha/Uzima border, last 1BR on Zebra/Uzima (eandesmom)
5582: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, 2nd to last room on Zebra trail (extraredstuff)
5584: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, last room on Zebra trail next to exit stairs (Ansky)

????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)

Lisa have you heard how many of the savanna views were converted to standard views?

Lisa have you heard how many of the savanna views were converted to standard views?
Unfortunately no, the only data I have is what I've collected from members who posted their room numbers here on the DIS. I recall that in whatever year it was that Disney reclassified these rooms, someone (bookwormde perhaps?) came up with an estimate of the number of reclassified rooms based on the changes to the point charts for that year.

Boy, some of those rooms have lovely views!

Oh, yes! I may have said it before, but I was at AKV-Jambo in a savannah view once, then went back about a month later and could only "afford" a standard view. My standard view ended up having a much nicer view of the savannah than my savannah view had had.

Unfortunately no, the only data I have is what I've collected from members who posted their room numbers here on the DIS. I recall that in whatever year it was that Disney reclassified these rooms, someone (bookwormde perhaps?) came up with an estimate of the number of reclassified rooms based on the changes to the point charts for that year.

I wish I had paid more attention to the date of the switch over. I remember it happening but that's about all. I'll check out bookwormde's threads around 2010, maybe?

SD6BZ

10h0sjl.jpg

Stayed over NYE in 5328. Furthest out room we've had yet. This was booked as a standard view. View wasn't bad, but the weather was a little too chilly to enjoy the balcony much on this trip unfortunately. The 'new' rooms are a little brighter and I barely noticed the changes to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter