standard vs preferred room in all star

geethb

Earning My Ears
Hello All,
We are planning for a disney trip between April1-6
When booking online i find standard vs preferred room.
From your prior experience, can you let me know if preferred room is worth the extra price.
Will i save travelling time if i stay there? in short, is it worth it?

Thanks,
GeethB

A preferred room will get you closer to the lobby and bus stop. So if saving those few minutes is worth the money to you then go with preferred.

Hello All,
We are planning for a disney trip between April1-6
When booking online i find standard vs preferred room.
From your prior experience, can you let me know if preferred room is worth the extra price.
Will i save travelling time if i stay there? in short, is it worth it?

Thanks,
GeethB

For me it’s worth it because the room is always a lot closer to the busses and food/retail and my least favorite part of Disney trips is the long walk back to the room after a long day. In those instances preferred rooms are invaluable because all star resorts are decently large and if you get a room near the back it can be an extra 15 min of walking after getting off the bus.

If you don’t mind extra walking though then the higher price may not be worth it for you. You’re paying for convenience.

There are standard rooms that are fairly close to the lobby and bus stops. Just look at a map and request to be in those buildings. The two times I stayed at Pop I stayed in Building 8 and 9, both standard. Just a walk across the parking lot to the bus stop. I've also stayed in the farthest away buildings at Sports and Movies and didn't find the walk bad at all.

To go along with @loves to dive suggestion on getting a standard that is relatively near the preferred section if you do not want to pay the extra price. You can always make those requests and to ensure you can receive them I would suggest getting there as early as possible, remind them of your request when you check-in, and that you're willing to patiently wait for the kind of room you requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter