Star Tours-anyone go anywhere besides Crait recently?

pharmama

DIS Veteran
Ever since Last Jedi (and a little before it) I've had the same mission/scene on every ride-the one where you go through the battle at the end of Last Jedi on Crait and then land safely on Batuu in a visual preview of Galaxy's Edge (which is very clever).

Has anyone had a different mission recently or is this the only one they run now?

It's the only one we've gotten all year.

I asked recently and the CM told me it had stopped being the only option as of July, but I'm skeptical because we go on Star Tours probably 2-3 times a month and haven't gotten anything else!

It was locked to only that sequence for quite some time. In August or September, it was reported that the ride had returned to being random. We rode twice in September though and still got only Crait. We rode twice early Thanksgiving week and still only got the Jaaku/Crait/Galaxy's Edge sequence, so we were all a little bummed. Finally later Thanksgiving week, we got randomized sequences again for our final two rides of the week. We got Kashykk/Coruscant and Hoth/Coruscant.

It was locked to only that sequence for quite some time. In August or September, it was reported that the ride had returned to being random. We rode twice in September though and still got only Crait. We rode twice early Thanksgiving week and still only got the Jaaku/Crait/Galaxy's Edge sequence, so we were all a little bummed. Finally later Thanksgiving week, we got randomized sequences again for our final two rides of the week.
We went last Wednesday and Sunday and got Jaaku/Crait both times. We must have bad luck.

ETA: I'm glad that you confirmed there are other options, though - we've started going on it less often because we're kind of tired of the same scenes. We won't give up!

Thanks all! Good to know there is hope of getting a different story. I mean, the Crait one is fine but I miss the others and some variety...

Today we had the pod race.

Then we went in the city.

I’m sorry I don’t know the Star Wars universe. LOL If DH was with me I could have told you the real names!

Last week we had Crait and then the Wookie planet. We actually got the Wookie planet twice, two different endings. We only rode it three times over 4 days so I think we got lucky.

It was back to true random in November when I was there. I got so excited to get my favorite paint version ending on Naboo.

Saw between two rides Tattooine and Kashyyyk. Then Naboo both endings (first was the shattering of the cockpit glass version and then paint version).

In our visit this summer we had 8/8 on the same story. It was Jaaku/Crait every single time. Kind of took the fun out of the ride for us.

We have APs and at one point this year, it seemed to go back to random. But then during our last trips in Nov, we got TLJ sequence every time.

Just got the Wookie planet and the one where you go underwater (sorry, not up on my SW geography)- my 2 favorites!

Just got the Wookie planet and the one where you go underwater (sorry, not up on my SW geography)- my 2 favorites!

Kashyyyk (first seen in the Holiday Special) and Naboo (first seen in the Phantom Menace), respectively :). If you were at all curious, lol!

I'll just show my geeky self out...

We have ridden a bunch of times in the last few months and have rarely gotten the Last Jedi sequences. We have been getting a lot of Wookie Planet and Snow Planet (not a huge Star Wars person so don't really know the planet names) and either the city ending or underwater ending a whole bunch of times.

We have ridden a bunch of times in the last few months and have rarely gotten the Last Jedi sequences. We have been getting a lot of Wookie Planet and Snow Planet (not a huge Star Wars person so don't really know the planet names) and either the city ending or underwater ending a whole bunch of times.

Hoth (snow planet, first seen Empire Strikes Back) and Coruscant (city, technically first "seen" in the expanded universe books, but first seen on screen in the 1997 special edition of Return of the Jedi). Already answered the name of the wookie planet in a different comment.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself! It's nice to be able to share my random knowledge for once lol

The week after Thanksgiving, I rode Star Tours appx 7 times. 5 times were Jakku/Crait, and then finally we got some others. I think it's "random," but I think it's still HEAVILY skewed towards Jakku/Crait.

Has anyone seen Vader lately in the first sequence? We seem to always get the Storm Troopers this year, which are a little disappointing since they also appear with Vader and Kylo Ren, and we'd rather see a marquis villain. We did see the Leia transmission once in November, which was unusual and a nice change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter