Star Tours Changes

I would be all about the original characters personally. I'm surprised that they will bother with this though. Isn't this ride supposed to be rethemed in a few years?

I like the idea of splitting into one side with old clips and one with clips from the newest stories. I hate the continuity issue. It was bad enough before they added BB-8 and Jakku. It just doesn't make sense to go back and forth between having a rebel spy to a secret mission, from Empire to First Order, etc.

I think its interesting, and also that they might split it into ... two lines ? I mean, I do wonder how that will work exactly. But still cool, I'd like some continuity as well.

I still cling to the fantasy this ride wont disappear after SWGE opens ... I really love this ride

I still think they need to hold onto ST for a good amount of time while the Star Wars boom hits the park. As much as a change for ST & RnRC are inevitable eventually, they will have to help handle these crowds for awhile. There has to be a period where a major attraction isn't surrounded by walls for at least some time doesn't there?

I think its interesting, and also that they might split it into ... two lines ? I mean, I do wonder how that will work exactly. But still cool, I'd like some continuity as well.

I still cling to the fantasy this ride wont disappear after SWGE opens ... I really love this ride

Well if I am remembering correctly, isnt’t there already a split creating two lines? I can imagine we will most likely just see these lines be repurposed into Original and New.

Last edited:
Well if I am remembering correctly, aren’t there already a split creating two lines? I can imagine we will most likely just see these lines be repurposed into Original and New.

Yes but as they exist now isn't it Fast Pass and standby lines ? How would they handle that otherwise ?

Yes but as they exist now isn't it Fast Pass and standby lines ? How would they handle that otherwise ?
There are fast pass and standby that come together and then there is another split after that to the left and ride "ride cars" (three on each side). They could easily as some signage and make the left and right into old and new (right now, people are just directed to whichever side is open/available/less busy by the cast members.

I was initially skeptical of splitting due to the complexity, but given what Disney has done with limiting options to let everyone visit the new planet, I like it a lot more. It's still varied but doesn't keep guests from seeing the general era they want. I wish that Soarin' was set up the same way with a theater for the original version.

Right now every Star Tours flight is the same so it’s not random.

My Sister recently got backed and was shocked/disappointed that they rode it twice and got the exact same ride both times, I guess this explains it.

Any idea why or for how long Rteetz ?

My Sister recently got backed and was shocked/disappointed that they rode it twice and got the exact same ride both times, I guess this explains it.

Any idea why or for how long Rteetz ?
They are promoting the scenes from the Last Jedi. They did the same after Force Awakens. I forget how long it lasted but it did eventually change back.

Right now every Star Tours flight is the same so it’s not random.

Star Tours is still random for some scenes. Every flight with "The Last Jedi" overlay is not exactly the same.

When I rode it I got:

The first scene at the spaceport was either (A) Rey and BB-8 with the updated Falcon and First Order star destroyers or (B) Kylo Ren.

The character who beams in as a hologram was either (A) Maz or (B) Poe.

They are promoting the scenes from the Last Jedi. They did the same after Force Awakens. I forget how long it lasted but it did eventually change back.

I forget where we are with everything - have they started the whole thing where you can either chose to see scenes from the new movies or scenes from the original 6, or is that something still to come? I assume with that set up if you do the original path it would be randomized, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter