STAR TOURS CHIME!!

bchef06

Earning My Ears
For the love of God... If there are any ringtone developers for iTunes out there reading this, please PLEASE!!.. make an alert tone of Disneyland Star Tours terminal chime!!! I don't know how this has gone unnoticed (neglected even) for this long. This is a real issue here folks and I NEED ANSWERS!!

I refuse to make my ringtone or text alert any sound from WDW or anything else I enjoy because I would hate to associate something I love (Disney) with something that annoys me all day long.

I'm not familiar with the DL Star Tours terminal chime. What does it sound like (yes, I know that's hard to explain in words) and is there a recording of it somewhere? If there is a recording, it should be easy to convert it to a ring tone.

I'm not familiar with the DL Star Tours terminal chime. What does it sound like (yes, I know that's hard to explain in words) and is there a recording of it somewhere? If there is a recording, it should be easy to convert it to a ring tone.

It’s actually been my alert for new emails for years now, hah.
I had the .wav file from years ago, and just converted it to the format for iPhone.

In case you're curious, I did an e-mail interview last year with the composer of the "Announce Chime" Richard Bellis. I don't want to just promote my site, so send me a PM if you'd like to read the full thing. Here's his response to my question on Star Tours and the chime:

"That was not intended to be any kind of “iconic” signature. It was merely a part of the audio environment of the preshow. I, of course, was influenced by the Close Encounters motif but just looked for five notes that were in major and sounded idiomatic. It was interesting when the news broke that Michael Giacchino was going to do the current version, fans of the attraction blogged their concern about whether or not the “Announce Chime” would be lost.

Michael, who I think is terrific, replied that he would never want to replace that chime as it had become so iconic. Who knew? The other piece of music written for a “scene” in the preshow which was never created is The Droid’s Room. The setting was supposed to be a workshop where many droids are repairing and working on various parts of the spacecraft. The final use was in a “boombox” next to one droid doing repairs. But the cue made it on to a number of the park CDs."

My text tone has been the Star Tours chime for about 4 years now. I use the free program Audio Hijack on my MacBook and record the chime from the YouTube clip (like the one above) and then transform it into the ring tone sound. You can then use it for text, email, voicemail, etc. anything you'd like.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!