• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Tours non motion version

WLodgeLizard

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
It seems like the non motion version of Star Tours is as legendary as the moving Yeti. Can anyone confirm that the non motion version exists? (or even has existed)

Thanks,

WLL

People have done it in the past and I can see no reason why they would have discontinued it, but.....

It was never a special version of the attraction, it was just running the attraction with the movie only for one show.
The ride car is actually a theater car that is programmer to move in reaction to what is happening on the screen.
The non motion version is just running one show with the motion turned off. When the ride is very busy, with long wait , they are not likely to run a non motion show. People had the most luck requesting it when it wasn't busy, but there was enough staff to run an extra theater. People reports when they asked on the past, they were sometimes told no and sometimes given a time to come back. Very few people were given a non motion viewing right away.

With the updated attraction having opened recently, i would expect it would be more difficult to get.

I would love that--I was sure i would be OK on Star Tours last month. Not so much--barely made it outside the building in my ECV before hurling. I guess i was not expecting it to be as rough as it was. I know, I know, I should have realized. No excuse. Although it was fun while it lasted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter