Star Tours Sequences

mel2014

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what video sequences are currently playing at TDR? With recent visits to Disneyland Paris and Disneyland California, my kids are kind of bored with the "new" Last Jedi and Batuu scenes (we went on Star Tours 4 times on our recent California trip and got Jakku-Crait-Batuu each time, with only the interstitial sequences being different). From what I found online, it looks like those scenes were added at TDR as part of the Feel the Force event, but I'm wondering if, like Disneyland California, those are the only sequences running. We have a visit upcoming in November and I was happy to see that Star Tours typically has short waits, but there's only so much repeat value with the same sequences.

Those were the sequences I got in Tokyo when I went on the ride a couple months ago. The ride in Tokyo is also worse than the California version because Japanese dubs don't match the speaker.

If you're looking for a simulator ride with varied sequences, try Nemo Searider in DisneySea. The wait times plummet after Fantasmic making the ride a "walk-on" in the last hour of park opening on most weekdays. This ride is also Japanese only but the fish are animated so their lips actually match the speaking.

You are most likely to get those scenes, but they are also running what they call "rare scenes" that I personally have never gotten at WDW. The two unique ones I can think of are jet pack flying with Boba Fett & visiting Cassiek with the Wookies. Now that I think about it, maybe I did see the Cassiek scene in Florida... not sure. I know I never got the Boba Fett one there.

Over the summer, they had a special event where you were just about guaranteed a rare scene, and they had quite a number of them.

The rare scenes are just that - rare - and I don't think you can request a specific one. If the waits are low, maybe try it once or twice and see what happens.

Those were the sequences I got in Tokyo when I went on the ride a couple months ago. The ride in Tokyo is also worse than the California version because Japanese dubs don't match the speaker.

If you're looking for a simulator ride with varied sequences, try Nemo Searider in DisneySea. The wait times plummet after Fantasmic making the ride a "walk-on" in the last hour of park opening on most weekdays. This ride is also Japanese only but the fish are animated so their lips actually match the speaking.

Thanks for the tip. We are definitely interested in checking out Nemo & Friends since it is a unique attraction. We'll have 4 days, so hopefully we'll be able to get a few rides in during our time.

You are most likely to get those scenes, but they are also running what they call "rare scenes" that I personally have never gotten at WDW. The two unique ones I can think of are jet pack flying with Boba Fett & visiting Cassiek with the Wookies. Now that I think about it, maybe I did see the Cassiek scene in Florida... not sure. I know I never got the Boba Fett one there.

Over the summer, they had a special event where you were just about guaranteed a rare scene, and they had quite a number of them.

The rare scenes are just that - rare - and I don't think you can request a specific one. If the waits are low, maybe try it once or twice and see what happens.

Ohh, that Boba Fett scene sounds cool. I've never seen that one. We have seen the Kashyyyk/Wookie scene a couple of times during our various trips, though it's definitely rare. In our experience, the most common scene is the pod race on Tatooine followed by the Naboo scene.

Last edited:
Ohh, that Boba Fett scene sounds cool. I've never seen that one. We have seen the Kashyyyk/Wookie scene a couple of times during our various trips, though it's definitely rare. In our experience, the most common scene is the pod race on Tatooine followed by the Naboo scene.
Kashyyk omg :lmao: I could not have killed the spelling harder if I tried. I was like, "I have no idea how to spell this... better add Wookies so this person knows what the heck I'm talking about."

Should have Googled.

Hopefully you will have some new-to-you scenes!

I'm confused about what you mean by "rare scenes". I've gone to Wookie planet and hit Chewbacca many times in the pre-First Order Star Tours in California. I also know there's alternative versions of some scenes. For example, at the end of the Naboo scene, the yellow ship usually breaks through your windshield but occasionally, you break the tip off the ship and the droid splashes paint on your windshield instead.

I don't think I've seen jet pack flying with Boba Fett. In the scene I'm familiar with, he's chasing you so you blow up asteroids. I think I may have seen him in an alternative version of first scene when they announce the rebel spy though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!