Star Wars at MGM

cbhelms

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if MGM will host the Star Wars days during May?

Thanks!
Bryant:earseek:

We went to the Star Wars Event in May of 2001. It is usually held the 3rd weekend of May, and stars from the movies made guest appearences, rode in the parade, signed autographs, etc. Last year Steven Speilberg pulled out of sponsering it (said it was due to wanting his actors to promote the movie that came out in 2002), so it was very limited, with only Star Wars Characters that are normally appearing in MGM.

No word as to whether Steven will have any part in it this year.. so much will depend on that!

I hope that they do get it back to the way it was. It was alot of fun, and drew a different crowd into MGM.

We didn't notice that it really affected the attractions, with the exception of those over by Star Tours.

May The Force Be With You!~

Actually, in 2001 it was Star Wars Weekends and it was every weekend in May.

2002 was very subdued because George Lucas had a big Star Wars fest in Indianapolis in May to promote Episode II.

I hope that SW weekends do come back because the one time I went with DH was really fun - he's a SW freak, and I like it too. We'd love to take DS if they have it again and get him in some of the Jedi things they had going.

eeyore0062

What does Steven Speilberg have to do with this the "Star Wars weekends"???

That seems a little odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter