Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020 - Parks busy the week after?

SteveNZ

Mouseketeer
I know this is a long way off, but we're planning a visit from NZ September 2020. Until now we've had the first two weeks of the month pencilled-in, but now I see that Star Wars Celebration is happening in the week immediately prior. Do you think this will mean the park will be unusually busy in the week after the conference? Would you avoid it?

I would expect most people who attended the convention to leave when it’s over. There will be people who stay but I would assume not enough to add noticeable crowds.
Star Wars people might check out the new land for a day so that might be busier than usual, but overall Star Wars fans are not necessarily Disneyland fans.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Galaxy's Edge, in particular, might be busier DURING the convention (remember that a lot of folks only go on certain days and not the whole long weekend) and maybe the day or two after, but not the entire week following.

I've thought about going to the con, but I'm not sure it's my scene, even though I am one of those overlapping SW/Disney fans.

I'd also guess that the conference might increase crowds in SW:GE, but probably isn't going to have a huge impact on the parks themselves. In general, it seems like large Anaheim Convention Center conventions seem to have a substantial impact on area hotels and restaurants, but less of an impact on the parks themselves (with the exception of the Disney-focused conventions, like D23).

Just note that if you do plan to go the week after the convention, which would put you in DL the first week of September, there is a good chance that Haunted Mansion will be down (it typically closes in late-August to have the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay installed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter