Star Wars Coke Bottles

jimmykitefan

Mouseketeer
I see that there are special Coke & Sprite Star Wars bottles. I also see that they have been banned by the TSA in carry on and checked luggage. My question is are they only available at the Studios or are they available through Disney property? We know several people who would love to have them as keepsakes.

Yeah, I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people at the Orlando TSA when they get told they can’t fly with their Coke bottles.

I do hope it gets widely broadcast.

We’re getting a droid as our big purchase, but I was planning on getting a coke bottle to put on my desk at work. We’re driving with our camper - so it isn’t an issue. But that’s going to suck for flying.

Can you fly home with them if they are empty?
They said the problem was that it looks too much like an actual explosive when they screen bags. I wonder what would happen if you packed the bottle and lid separately? Obviously they would have to be empty, but I imagine most people are just wanting to keep the empty bottle for a souvenir.

They said the problem was that it looks too much like an actual explosive when they screen bags. I wonder what would happen if you packed the bottle and lid separately? Obviously they would have to be empty, but I imagine most people are just wanting to keep the empty bottle for a souvenir.

I was thinking the same thing about having the bottle and lid separate. So it is basically just an empty open plastic ball then. Wonder if they would let you carry it in your hand so they can see it is open(no caps) and nothing inside it.

I went for the AP previews and that is exactly what I did. I was afraid of putting them in my bag as a liquid so I drank the product and left the bottles open and packed the lids separately. I don't know if this will be OK after this latest announcement, but I now have my thermal detonator bottles in my Star Wars collection.

I went for the AP previews and that is exactly what I did. I was afraid of putting them in my bag as a liquid so I drank the product and left the bottles open and packed the lids separately. I don't know if this will be OK after this latest announcement, but I now have my thermal detonator bottles in my Star Wars collection.
We did the same for the previews. I think if you drink the soda then put in your carry on bag you would be fine...but don’t be terribly upset if they confiscate it.

Since word is just coming out now its possible when you went through there was no issue but now there is.

I wanted a full one to bring home and save, guess that won't be happening now. I'll be watching this thread to see how the empties separated from the tops go.

ETA: After looking closer at some pics, if the tops are not on there they just look like a Christmas tree ornament/bulb-if it's wrapped and in my luggage how can they tell the difference?

Last edited:
Yeah, I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people at the Orlando TSA when they get told they can’t fly with their Coke bottles.

I do hope it gets widely broadcast.

We’re getting a droid as our big purchase, but I was planning on getting a coke bottle to put on my desk at work. We’re driving with our camper - so it isn’t an issue. But that’s going to suck for flying.

All you do is seperate the top and bottom, lol

I wanted a full one to bring home and save, guess that won't be happening now. I'll be watching this thread to see how the empties separated from the tops go.

ETA: After looking closer at some pics, if the tops are not on there they just look like a Christmas tree ornament/bulb-if it's wrapped and in my luggage how can they tell the difference?

Yeah...

This has been discussed in other threads. People have been getting them through. This is just TSA on twitter responding to a question because they could be mistaken for an explosive. People have gotten them through both full and empty.

Looks like it's possible there could be some issue taking full ones in checked luggage, I suppose ranging from having TSA open your luggage to check what it is to having the item confiscated. TSA doesn't seem to operate by just one rule.

You can't bring a full one in carry-on luggage anyway. With an empty one, take the cap off. I'm likely going to take one through security and have the bottle part out so they can see that it's just an empty soda bottle.

Unless Coke is putting something is this plastic that makes it scan like a plastic explosive I can't imagine how it would even show up in a scan of a checked bag

If this does become an issue Disney may need to change their policy about shipping even empty ones

It seems silly to me that they would "look too much like an actual explosive". If that's the case, so would many bulb-type Christmas ornaments, which is exactly what I planned on using the empty bottles for. I'm going to travel home with the empty bottles, but I sure would be upset to have spent $6 on one and not be allowed to bring them.

It has no wires, is hollow (assuming it's empty; I would never pack a carbonated liquid full in checked bags: that's a recipe for ruined clothes), and is basically a round ball. How does that look like an explosive? I think everyone should feel free to ignore this, but if nervous, carry it on. Nobody who saw it in person in a carryon with you there would bat an eye.

As I posted on another thread I got mine back to UK no issue Saturday night. Mine were all empty as was too paranoid to pack them unopened in case they burst in my case. But they were packed with their lids screwed on. No clue how this screens as looking like real thing and especially if empty.

I was more paranoid about my lightsaber which TSA went over with a fine tooth comb and Passed comment I might need to check it which turned me green but in end guy who dealt with me was happy to swab it, check it over and give it back to me and TSA has posted these weren’t an issue either checked or on board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter