Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Atmosphere/Entertainment/Interactivity

Here are what the Datapad achievements look like if you haven't visited the Disneyland GE yet...

I was a bit disappointed in the lack of Play Disney Parks coverage other than "Oh hey, you can hack stuff with your phone." This blog post accurately describes the current state of the interactivity in GE. Hopefully these issues get ironed out by August!

https://davidmdaut.com/2019/06/03/star-wars-galaxys-edge-first-impressions/

It's super cool, but apparently at least one person has been made to get rid of theirs before being allowed into the park. I guess it does look a little suspicious.

Pro tip: do not glue computer chips to your phone case or have colored wires sticking out of your phone case.

Last edited:
So what "reward" do you get for the minigames? Achievements?

You earn credits which are useless at the moment. There's talk about it unlocking more quests via micro-transactions. Nothing has been confirmed.

Here are what the Datapad achievements look like if you haven't visited the Disneyland GE yet...

I was a bit disappointed in the lack of Play Disney Parks coverage other than "Oh hey, you can hack stuff with your phone." This blog post accurately describes the current state of the interactivity in GE. Hopefully these issues get ironed out by August!

https://davidmdaut.com/2019/06/03/star-wars-galaxys-edge-first-impressions/

Pro tip: do not glue computer chips to your phone case or have colored wires sticking out of your phone case.
Great blog post! It's got me excited about the Play Disney Parks app. I'm a big fan of Sorcerers of the MK and I've played the game at Epcot as well. I love getting new cards and I've successfully traded with other people also playing the game. It's like adding a secret layer of immersion in MK, and I just love that. So...hoping SWGE's app will do really cool things and add a deeper, cool, level of immersion. The potential is limitless if it's done right, especially if you can then secretly interact with the CM's, so only those with the app know what's going on. Secret trade and mission information would be wicked cool. Super excited!

The main issue with Play Disney Parks is that there's a technical fail-safe: you can play the mini-games and earn achievements even if you're not exactly in that location. There needs to be a 1:1 connection between you and the land using the app, otherwise the immersion is broken.

Can someone w a Droid please give me some advice. Having been given zero instructions at the park, we don’t even know how to turn the droids off... can’t imagine I need to break them apart into pieces every time to turn on and off! And now one is dead, 16 hours after purchase. I’m hoping it’s a dead battery, and yet it appears I need to unscrew it back to its original parts to access the battery (?!). I’be been getting shoved around Disneyland phone support for 45 minutes now trying to find SOMEONE to help. Anyone here?! Thank you!!

Can someone w a Droid please give me some advice. Having been given zero instructions at the park, we don’t even know how to turn the droids off... can’t imagine I need to break them apart into pieces every time to turn on and off! And now one is dead, 16 hours after purchase. I’m hoping it’s a dead battery, and yet it appears I need to unscrew it back to its original parts to access the battery (?!). I’be been getting shoved around Disneyland phone support for 45 minutes now trying to find SOMEONE to help. Anyone here?! Thank you!!
Tagging @Lesley Wake

For the BB unit, you do need to untwist the base. It's not too difficult and you don't need extra tools. On top of the motor there is an on/off switch. The battery is in the big black motor, not the head piece. The black motor is also where you plug in any Personality chips (on the opposite side of the on/off switch).
0vzDuXa.jpg

I thought mine was dead too, but it just goes to sleep and in order to wake it up you have to flick the on/off switch.

The main issue with Play Disney Parks is that there's a technical fail-safe: you can play the mini-games and earn achievements even if you're not exactly in that location. There needs to be a 1:1 connection between you and the land using the app, otherwise the immersion is broken.
For Galaxy's Edge Datapad, you can't use it unless you are in the land. You can see your stats, but can't actually access the "hacking" options. You also can't really play the Falcon game since it works thru the datapad, not like the other games where you can get around the location requirements easily.

So is everything you need to play on the Disney Play Data App? I would really like to try it out when I go, just want to make sure I have what I need.

I'm confused. Three of the 'approved' bounding photos appeared, to my eye, as costumes. One of the 'not permitted' images was, best I can tell, negated simply because it was "a robe" and robes, by category, are not permitted.

FWIW, I wore neutral colors and a safari vest (lots of pockets, intended for photographers) on Wed. I wasn't attempting to 'bound' by any means yet several people asked me, "Do you work here?" I'd be asking the same of the fellow in the far right side of the 'approved' images!!

I'm confused. Three of the 'approved' bounding photos appeared, to my eye, as costumes. One of the 'not permitted' images was, best I can tell, negated simply because it was "a robe" and robes, by category, are not permitted.

FWIW, I wore neutral colors and a safari vest (lots of pockets, intended for photographers) on Wed. I wasn't attempting to 'bound' by any means yet several people asked me, "Do you work here?" I'd be asking the same of the fellow in the far right side of the 'approved' images!!
They've said that they will allow people to look like Batuuians, but not a look that is exactly like a sw character

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!