Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Atmosphere/Entertainment/Interactivity

Turns out I was wrong and "Launch Day" is a hidden/secret achievement only available today.

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

My DD (10) has an iPod (not a phone) and she is looking forward to using it in the parks to help navigate and use the Disney Play App. My question is, she is 10 and so far she is prevented from signing up to a Disney account, therefore she can't sign in to an account on Disney Play.

What are our options? Are there kid accounts for Disney Play? Can she get the full functionality from the app without an account?

Thanks!

RW

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

My DD (10) has an iPod (not a phone) and she is looking forward to using it in the parks to help navigate and use the Disney Play App. My question is, she is 10 and so far she is prevented from signing up to a Disney account, therefore she can't sign in to an account on Disney Play.

What are our options? Are there kid accounts for Disney Play? Can she get the full functionality from the app without an account?

Thanks!

RW
You can use your Disney account email and password to open up the app.

Can someone describe how the game play works on the datapad? Briefly.

Turn blutooth on, allow the app to access your location while using it, open the Disney Play app and choose datapad in Black Spire. You can scan crates that have a qr code to get objects. You gain status as resistance person, smuggler, or first order person by completing jobs. You can hack into control panels and droids by scanning it and completing a puzzle, but can’t hack into ones controlled by the first order or resistance unless you are a member of one of those groups. While in line for Smugglers Run, you can complete assignments from Hondo. There’s also a translate feature for the Aurebash writings/audio transmissions.

I’ve just begun exploring it and it’s a lot of fun, but if I was not a passholder I may not use it much. It’s going to take many hours to complete everything- which is fantastic for locals as we can continue to experience new things for many visits.

I would recommend this video, it doesn't spoil anything
there are a lot of things to do all around. Apart from the video you can take on jobs through out the land and help the Resistance, First Order or Neutral. You can also assign control over several spots with your allegiance, Resistance or First Order. Doing the jobs will give you credits.
There are a lot of thorough videos of gameplay out there

Thanks. So that's really the only option?

What happens when we are both using the app? Me on my phone and my daughter on her iPod?

Thanks. So that's really the only option?

What happens when we are both using the app? Me on my phone and my daughter on her iPod?
The Play Disney app rather than your MDX app?

I’d use a secondary email-Disney account for one of the mobile device’s Play Disney app if using only 1 account is a problem.

@yulilin3 may know if you’d need more than 1 account for 2 different devices.

The Play Disney app rather than your MDX app?

I’d use a secondary email-Disney account for one of the mobile device’s Play Disney app if using only 1 account is a problem.

@yulilin3 may know if you’d need more than 1 account for 2 different devices.
I use my same Disney account for both MDE and Play Disney, they are 2 separate apps

Yes. I mean loading the Play app on my phone and her iPod. I would like her to be able to play (particularly in SWGE) independent of me.

Was in Batuu last night with DD, it was her first time playing with the datapad. She has an iPhone and was able to use the visual translator on her phone while I (android) was stuck having to manually input the symbols)
We did go into Dok's and she tried to do the sound translator with him talking but that never seemed to work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!