Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

What time should I arrive to park for Sat. To get a boarding pass do you think? They open at 7:0 today and are out of boarding passes at 7:20 am! How early are parking lots open?

What time should I arrive to park for Sat. To get a boarding pass do you think? They open at 7:0 today and are out of boarding passes at 7:20 am! How early are parking lots open?
This is being discussed at length in the rotr discussion thread, but be there by 5:30am. The lot opens by 5

Hi guys!
Any rumors or guesses on when FP+ availability will open for the SWGE rides?
We are heading down mid February and today was my FP day.
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about SWGE transitioning into the FP system like the rest of the park.
Thanks!

Hi guys!
Any rumors or guesses on when FP+ availability will open for the SWGE rides?
We are heading down mid February and today was my FP day.
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about SWGE transitioning into the FP system like the rest of the park.
Thanks!
Nothing at all.

Do they turn you away at the HS parking lot if you arrive to early or can you wait in line? Trying to figure out how to time it. I want to get there at the opening of the lot but if I show up will I need to turn around and then get stuck in too much traffic to get back?

Lot opening has been pushed back to 5 from its previous 4:30?

Do they turn you away at the HS parking lot if you arrive to early or can you wait in line? Trying to figure out how to time it. I want to get there at the opening of the lot but if I show up will I need to turn around and then get stuck in too much traffic to get back?

Lot opening has been pushed back to 5 from its previous 4:30?
There's no set time but arriving st 5am is fine and the lot has been opened by that time per daily reports

Last edited:
Asked this in the other thread: Are you able to request a later time BP than what is offered at the time? Perhaps if you go to a CM when obtaining your BP?

There's no set time but arriving st 5am is fine and the lot has been opened by that time per daily reports

Does anyone know what happens if you show up before its open? Can you sit in your car and wait or do they make you go drive someplace else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked this in the other thread: Are you able to request a later time BP than what is offered at the time? Perhaps if you go to a CM when obtaining your BP?
No. Whether you use your MDX app or ask an iPad CM, you receive the next available BG slot.

Anyone know how big (or small) the drop is on Rise of the Resistance? If we're lucky enough get on, I have some reservations concerning the drop and my daughter. Is it comparable to the drop on Splash Mountain or is it like Tower of Terror (which my daughter hates)? Is it more "mild" like the dip on Pirates or something similar to that.

All of the V/Blogers have said its a mild drop.

You have to go down about 20 feet but it seems like only around half of that drop is the main drop with the remaining being a slower decent which the bottoming out is timed with the landing.

Super, super mild, and it coincides with what you’re seeing on the motion simulator screen - launching an escape pod out of the star destroyer. The ride is totally family friendly.

Anyone know how big (or small) the drop is on Rise of the Resistance? If we're lucky enough get on, I have some reservations concerning the drop and my daughter. Is it comparable to the drop on Splash Mountain or is it like Tower of Terror (which my daughter hates)? Is it more "mild" like the dip on Pirates or something similar to that.
Merged you to the proper thread

Bravo turnstile has been down for the last 4 days, which is why we are seeing these abnormal wait times for Falcon

I am confused about where to find the "official" threads for Rise of the Resistance and for Smuggler's Run. I keep seeing moderators asking posters to refer to the attraction's thread in order to consolidate; saw this in random threads about both of these attractions.

I've searched for a dedicated thread for Smuggler's Run with no luck. There is one thread that seems to be the main one for Rise of the Resistance but I'm not sure: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rotr-planning-daily-boarding-group-discussion.3763339/

Are there designated threads for any specific attractions? I wish mods would provide a link rather than just tell the poster to go to a thread that the poster may not know about.

I am confused about where to find the "official" threads for Rise of the Resistance and for Smuggler's Run. I keep seeing moderators asking posters to refer to the attraction's thread in order to consolidate; saw this in random threads about both of these attractions.

I've searched for a dedicated thread for Smuggler's Run with no luck. There is one thread that seems to be the main one for Rise of the Resistance but I'm not sure: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rotr-planning-daily-boarding-group-discussion.3763339/

Are there designated threads for any specific attractions? I wish mods would provide a link rather than just tell the poster to go to a thread that the poster may not know about.
you found it. This is the SWGE attractions thread, The title is pretty self explanatory

The titles should be self explanatory. There are several pinned threads at the top of this board for the different aspects of SWGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!