Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

You got the gist of both rides down, there are a couple of threads on RotR, one with spoilers and one without, if you want to further know about that one. The drop on RotR is very minimal, not like ToT at all, and no gravitational pull on either. If you can do ST you'll be ok in MFSR.
We are trying to keep this sub forum as condensed as possible which is why I merged your question with the main attraction thread. If you want more detail on RotR check out the spoiler or non spoiler thread
MFSR and RotR motion sickness thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...istance-please-compare.3782838/#post-61375923
RotR spoiler thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-the-resistance-ride-discussion-spoilers.3781489/
RotR non spoiler thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/non-spoiler-rise-of-the-resistance-questions.3781538/
Thanks. No problem for merging. I created a separate thread as figured my questions would get lost here, and I've tried to read the other threads but still don't get what RotR is. But I get it....you don't want too many separate discussions.

Hi,, what are the vehicles like in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance? Are they similar to the vehicles in the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom?
And, are there major drops? Or are the drops like in Pirates of the Caribbean and Dinosaur rides? I don't want any spoilers, just a little general heads up. Thanks!
Happy New Year, everyone!

Hi,, what are the vehicles like in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance? Are they similar to the vehicles in the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom?
And, are there major drops? Or are the drops like in Pirates of the Caribbean and Dinosaur rides? I don't want any spoilers, just a little general heads up. Thanks!
Moved you to the Attractions Sticky where ride specifics are in the first post.

Yes the main attraction vehicle is like Dinosaur. The "drop" is a second long, straight down but it happens so fast you're recovered by the time it happens

Id say a REAL long trip.
When SWGE opens, people are going to swarm DHS. And that crowd won't be in SWGE the whole time. DHS is a small park, with few attractions, so the crowd will spill out into other areas of the park. Id guess it would be hardest to get fast passes for any Star Wars ride, Mickey's Train popularity should be similar to SDD,assuming that Mickey Runaway Train will have a larger capacity than SDD.

Mania,Rockin Rollercoaster, ToT should be the easiest to get, but you could still have trouble.

With my limited expertise, Id assume both Starwars rides will be in its own tier, with a possible addition of SDD and Mickeys Runaway train.

Anyone have any predictions of when Star Wars galaxy edge will convert from boarding groups to fast passes?

Aiming to get to park early and get a bg for rort. Planning to queue along with many many others for smugglers run. I've read about the long winding queue so I am prepared for that. Just wondering if its possible to keep stroller during the outside part of the queue b4 getting into the normal one? Also is it possible for dh to come and go from queue while in this outside part too or is this a no no like in normal qs? Thanks

Aiming to get to park early and get a bg for rort. Planning to queue along with many many others for smugglers run. I've read about the long winding queue so I am prepared for that. Just wondering if its possible to keep stroller during the outside part of the queue b4 getting into the normal one? Also is it possible for dh to come and go from queue while in this outside part too or is this a no no like in normal qs? Thanks
merged you to the proper thread
The queue may seem long at the beginning of the day but it is almost constantly moving.
You can keep the stroller with you until the point where you get to the Falcon. Yes, your husband could come and go during the outdoor portion but like I said it is constantly moving and once inside the building it will be hard to rejoin, not to mention people around you might not be too please with an adult just showing up later

Fab thanks, thats
The queue may seem long at the beginning of the day but it is almost constantly moving.
You can keep the stroller with you until the point where you get to the Falcon. Yes, your husband could come and go during the outdoor portion but like I said it is constantly moving and once inside the building it will be hard to rejoin, not to mention people around you might not be too please with an adult just showing up later
Thanks a mill 😁. That's what I was hoping to hear. Wouldn't dream of anyone rejoining in the normal q. Good to know it moves a lot as its the standing in 1 position that the problem would be with his back.

I've been skimming this thread in anticipation of our trip in April. We will be coming off the Disney Fantasy on Saturday, April 25, 2020. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort, taking DCL transportation from the port. We have one day tickets for DHS, we fly out early the next morning. If experience holds I expect us to be in the park by 11 am.

Galaxy's Edge is our main reason for choosing this park this time and I'm a wee bit confused about the whole boarding group thing. Sounds like you can only get access to the boarding groups once in DHS, is this correct? It also sounds like they fill up very, very early, so what are the chances we will be able to join a boarding group? And what happens if you can't? Can you not experience Galaxy's Edge, the ROTR, MFSR?

Sorry if this has been laid out before, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Thanks!

I've been skimming this thread in anticipation of our trip in April. We will be coming off the Disney Fantasy on Saturday, April 25, 2020. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort, taking DCL transportation from the port. We have one day tickets for DHS, we fly out early the next morning. If experience holds I expect us to be in the park by 11 am.

Galaxy's Edge is our main reason for choosing this park this time and I'm a wee bit confused about the whole boarding group thing. Sounds like you can only get access to the boarding groups once in DHS, is this correct? It also sounds like they fill up very, very early, so what are the chances we will be able to join a boarding group? And what happens if you can't? Can you not experience Galaxy's Edge, the ROTR, MFSR?

Thanks!
the VQ and BG are only for RotR. If you go to the BG thread on post one you will see how fast the bg have filled everyday since it opened. 11am will most likely be too late. You can still go into the land, shop, eat and go on MFSR
RotR as of now can only be accessed by BG, there's no standby or fp for it (as of now)

Thanks!
At this point, you only need a Virtual Boarding Group to experience SWGE. MFSR is a stand by line only. But it does have a single rider line that you can use. But your party will be split up. If you want to experience Oga's, you may want to schedule an ADR. Same would be true for Savi's Workshop or building a droid. But the rest of the land has typically been open to everyone. Depending on when you arrive, the entrance to SWGE may only be off of Grand Avenue and the exit would be via Toy Story Land.

You have to be tapped in to DHS in order to try and join a virtual boarding group. The boarding groups are typically filled up within 10-15 minutes of park opening. Some days it may be quicker and some days it may take a little more time for all the regular and the backup groups to be filled. If you will be arriving around 11am, then you probably will not be able to join a board group for RotR once you enter DHS.

At this point, you only need a Virtual Boarding Group to experience SWGE. MFSR is a stand by line only. But it does have a single rider line that you can use. But your party will be split up. If you want to experience Oga's, you may want to schedule an ADR. Same would be true for Savi's Workshop or building a droid. But the rest of the land has typically been open to everyone. Depending on when you arrive, the entrance to SWGE may only be off of Grand Avenue and the exit would be via Toy Story Land.

You have to be tapped in to DHS in order to try and join a virtual boarding group. The boarding groups are typically filled up within 10-15 minutes of park opening. Some days it may be quicker and some days it may take a little more time for all the regular and the backup groups to be filled. If you will be arriving around 11am, then you probably will not be able to join a board group for RotR once you enter DHS.
incorrect, you can go into SWGE without a BG

That's a Death Star Sized bummer, as our main focus for picking the park is GE, and really wanted to experience this attraction, but we'll make the best of it and hope for some pixie dust. Thanks for the info.

That's a Death Star Sized bummer, as our main focus for picking the park is GE, and really wanted to experience this attraction, but we'll make the best of it and hope for some pixie dust. Thanks for the info.
RotR is only one part of SWGE, obviously if that's the only thing you wanted to do then it's almost impossible. Definitely ask when you enter the park

Its not the only aspect of GE, the Falcon is huge too, but it is for sure one that we'd really like to do. But such is life.

Hey folks,

So to note I have done MFSR once this past week and lo and behold, ended up engineer. Granted, the people i was with when in the queue hinted I might be allowed to be pilot if they were nice lol but I'll never know as ended up with a different group for the ride cause they always ask how many are you and I hadn't attached specifically to that group.

HOWEVER, I wanted to know as a single rider but not going in the SR line, what is the likelihood of being able to be pilot? I sort of, based on a lot of reading and such, feel like because I'm always going to Disney on my own I'll never get to be the pilot since I'm more or less the "sixth wheel" where there's a group of five or a group of three and two.

Any thoughts on if there's a good way to end up pilot?

Apologies if there's already a thread but couldn't find one looking at this particular aspect and searched "Smuggler's Run" using the search function but also didn't turn up.

Hey folks,

So to note I have done MFSR once this past week and lo and behold, ended up engineer. Granted, the people i was with when in the queue hinted I might be allowed to be pilot if they were nice lol but I'll never know as ended up with a different group for the ride cause they always ask how many are you and I hadn't attached specifically to that group.

HOWEVER, I wanted to know as a single rider but not going in the SR line, what is the likelihood of being able to be pilot? I sort of, based on a lot of reading and such, feel like because I'm always going to Disney on my own I'll never get to be the pilot since I'm more or less the "sixth wheel" where there's a group of five or a group of three and two.

Any thoughts on if there's a good way to end up pilot?

Apologies if there's already a thread but couldn't find one looking at this particular aspect and searched "Smuggler's Run" using the search function but also didn't turn up.
Merged you to the proper thread
The odds of being pilot while in the standby line is 100%, all you have to do is ask the cm you want to be pilot. You'll probably have to wait a little longer but they'll accommodate your request

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter