Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

Hey folks,

So to note I have done MFSR once this past week and lo and behold, ended up engineer. Granted, the people i was with when in the queue hinted I might be allowed to be pilot if they were nice lol but I'll never know as ended up with a different group for the ride cause they always ask how many are you and I hadn't attached specifically to that group.

HOWEVER, I wanted to know as a single rider but not going in the SR line, what is the likelihood of being able to be pilot? I sort of, based on a lot of reading and such, feel like because I'm always going to Disney on my own I'll never get to be the pilot since I'm more or less the "sixth wheel" where there's a group of five or a group of three and two.

Any thoughts on if there's a good way to end up pilot?

Apologies if there's already a thread but couldn't find one looking at this particular aspect and searched "Smuggler's Run" using the search function but also didn't turn up.

Don’t volunteer yourself if they ask for groups of one or two. That practically guarantees you will get engineer. If you don’t volunteer yourself, it’s all luck. If you happen to be the first or second person in line for the next flight, you’ll get pilot. You can also ask to wait to be pilot, but again, don’t volunteer yourself if they call for small groups.

How does this work? I did a few searches and can not find a description of the process for EMH. Do you still need a boarding group? How do you join a group for EMH? Do you just get in line?

We will be there tomorrow evening and would like to know what we need to do.

Thanks

Rise of the Resistance (the ride that requires a BG) is not open during EMH’s. Everything else is open

How does this work? I did a few searches and can not find a description of the process for EMH. Do you still need a boarding group? How do you join a group for EMH? Do you just get in line?

We will be there tomorrow evening and would like to know what we need to do.

Thanks
merged you to the proper thread.
Like Weedy said RotR is not part of EMH. If you want to ride you have to be at the park before 7am to join a bg

Ok thanks folks. I may return in April so wanted to find out what was possible. I will keep this in mind for sure and ask to be pilot. And won’t volunteer as single XD

Does anyone know what the wait times were for MFSR during evening extra magic hours? I meant to check the app last night and forgot to.

So many threads here on Star Wars. I am trying to get on the tread where there is discussion about the boarding groups for ROTR. Could someone tell me the name of the thread? I want to be put on the "watch list". Thank you!

Hey all - I'm taking my mom to SWGE for the first time a week from Saturday. From all the info I've read, I'm thinking the best strategy for these attractions might be the following:

1. Get BG at 7am (knowing full well we might not be able to get on until later in the afternoon or at all if ride is having downtime issues)
2. Jump on SDD for rope drop (we weren't able to get FP)
3. Single rider for MFSR to avoid a long wait

Does that seem like the best plan for folks who definitely want to do both attractions in GE and also SDD? Our plan is to go to Epcot that night so don't really have flexibility to try MFSR in the evening. Just want to maximize our short weekend trip. Thanks!

Hey all - I'm taking my mom to SWGE for the first time a week from Saturday. From all the info I've read, I'm thinking the best strategy for these attractions might be the following:

1. Get BG at 7am (knowing full well we might not be able to get on until later in the afternoon or at all if ride is having downtime issues)
2. Jump on SDD for rope drop (we weren't able to get FP)
3. Single rider for MFSR to avoid a long wait

Does that seem like the best plan for folks who definitely want to do both attractions in GE and also SDD? Our plan is to go to Epcot that night so don't really have flexibility to try MFSR in the evening. Just want to maximize our short weekend trip. Thanks!
Yes that is likely your best course of action.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding lightsabers at DHS. I was at DLR in August and having my lightsaber with me (especially at DCA) was a HUGE hassle as they didn’t allow it to be taken on certain attractions, etc.

I was contemplating taking my saber I got from Disneyland for some photo ops in WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge on our upcoming trip but I definitely DO NOT want to have to dea with not being able to go on attractions or having to request somebody from my party “hold” my saber while I ride and then I ride afterward. Essentially a rider switch for a toy... haha...

Any wisdom on this topic to share??

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding lightsabers at DHS. I was at DLR in August and having my lightsaber with me (especially at DCA) was a HUGE hassle as they didn’t allow it to be taken on certain attractions, etc.

I was contemplating taking my saber I got from Disneyland for some photo ops in WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge on our upcoming trip but I definitely DO NOT want to have to dea with not being able to go on attractions or having to request somebody from my party “hold” my saber while I ride and then I ride afterward. Essentially a rider switch for a toy... haha...

Merged you to the proper thread
The only attraction they will hold your lightsaber at the unload is RnRC[/QUOTE]

Hey everyone,

Do your photos, then go to the Droid Depot, Dok Ondar's or the First Order's Cargo Hold (not sure that is its actual name lol) and ask them to send to the front of the park for pickup. I did it and smartest move I made because I had a park hopper and was able to get around without dealing with multiple things (and helped with security bag check when entering other parks.) The only requirement they have is you do have to wait three hours before able to pick it up after leaving it with them. It's great if you're at the park the whole day or doing multiple parks - they will keep it at the entrance of Hollywood Studios so you would need to return if you go to other parks afterwards. They're also very careful with it (but be sure to have it in the sleeve you get from Savi's.) It was in perfect condition when I picked it up end of day. My droid too.

Do your photos, then go to the Droid Depot, Dok Ondar's or the First Order's Cargo Hold (not sure that is its actual name lol) and ask them to send to the front of the park for pickup. I did it and smartest move I made because I had a park hopper and was able to get around without dealing with multiple things (and helped with security bag check when entering other parks.) The only requirement they have is you do have to wait three hours before able to pick it up after leaving it with them. It's great if you're at the park the whole day or doing multiple parks - they will keep it at the entrance of Hollywood Studios so you would need to return if you go to other parks afterwards. They're also very careful with it (but be sure to have it in the sleeve you get from Savi's.) It was in perfect condition when I picked it up end of day. My droid too.

Good to know! Will they do this with my saber that I got last August? Or do they need a receipt or something??

Good to know! Will they do this with my saber that I got last August? Or do they need a receipt or something??
Ah that part I'm not sure about. I know they asked for receipts so I'm not sure if they'll take merch not bought in the park.

Warning: rant ahead.

Seriously. Why can’t RotR reliably achieve its intended capacity?

What keeps breaking and why can’t they fix it?

Yes, it has a billion moving parts and is the most complex ride ever built. But look at those robots at the car factory. They do the same thing over and over and over with precision in timed coordination with the rest of the assembly line all day every day. Look at any complicated factory machine like the ones you see on those “how’s it done” documentaries. Those machines aren’t running at half capacity and breaking down multiple times a day for potentially hours at a time.

It’s only been open just over a month at WDW and only 2 days at DL, but this ride has been in development for years. And we all heard about how they realized it wasn’t working as they were building it months ago. So they’ve had a lot more than just the time it has been open to fix it.

So what’s wrong? Is it one specific thing they can’t seem to fix or is it multiple things? I’ve heard there were problems controlling the vehicles, that some elements were overheating, that they can’t keep all the elements in sync. What is it?

I’m sure they’ve got really smart people working on it. But those really smart people have been working on it for awhile.

And what happens when the ride starts to experience the wear and tear of operating? If this is what it’s like when it’s brand new, imagine what’ll happen as parts start to wear out.

Is there a chance that they’ll be forced to accept defeat? Admit that it’ll never operate at its intended capacity and severely limit the number of people who ride each day?

Or will they be forced to “reimagine” the sections of the attraction that don’t work, turning them into simpler, less complicated, more reliable elements?

Or maybe they’ll just remove troublesome elements or entire sections of the ride. I mean, I understand they already ran the ride with a missing section at WDW recently. Maybe it’ll be a permanent change one day?

Or maybe it’ll go the way of Rocket Rods. Just an impossible to fix technical nightmare that never really worked right and was getting harder and harder to maintain as the days went on until it closed for another refurb and just never reopened.

Thank you for reading this rant. But I really am curious what’s wrong and why they haven’t been able to fix it. The ride is amazing and has entertained thousands of guests on both coasts, but it does seem to have a problem performing at an acceptable level of reliability. What is wrong with it and why can’t they fix it?

I know there is no FP operating for the galaxys edge rides, but does anyone know if they actually constructed the FP+ kiosks for the future ? Going over the summer and wondering if there any signs that boarding groups are a temporary thing or permanent . I think it’s ridiculous that AP holders get equal access to rides as people spending thousands on a resort stay

Don't know about the kiosks or where they might be, but there is a FastPass line built.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter