Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

Right now the Extra "Extra" Magic Hours only cover SWGE/HS thru November, with ROTR opening December 5th - do you think that the 6am EEMH's will be extended? We will be there the week of 12/14 and already planning to go for HS - EM Early Day (8am). Hoping for an earlier entrance time to avoid some crowds ⏰
I think it will depend on the need for eemh from September to November. If Disney sees that they were needed they will probably add them to December

Would anyone who has ridden Falcon be able to tell me if it's as jarring or jolty as Star Tours? I'm disabled and Star Tours is just that bit too jarring for me

I need to make my ADRs on Sunday. This will be our seventh trip in six years, but perhaps our last for awhile as kids are getting older and harder to take out of school. But, I digress.

We are going for 8 nights starting Friday, January 31 and are staying onsite. Our tradition is to spend the last day at MK, but am thinking this trip it may need to be HS. Plan (subject to change based on best strategy etc.) is 3 days MK (my kids never get enough here), 2 HS and 1 AK. I could buy a 7 day ticket for one more park day, but would like a resort/rest day.

We have to ride SDMT, FOP, TOT, SDD, and TSMM. And have to eat at BOG. For the SWGE rides, I'm willing to go a long way to ride them, including buying an extra ticketed event, but unwilling to get up before 6 am.

Need some advice as I try to plot out ADRs.

Which day would you have as your "resort/rest day"? Hate to waste a lower crowd day at the resort.

And would you back load AK and HS?

I hate to spend three straight days at MK and then that's it. We don't do Park Hoppers -- we go in the morning til we are done, go back to resort, eat, maybe pool and go to bed. On last night (always been at MK) we got to fireworks. Thanks for any insights, tips, help. I feel like I'm planning blind!

@Lalalyn - OK, this is just me, and I'm a solo with a park hopper so coming from a whole different angle that may be no help...

My arrival date is Feb 2 and I am making NO ADRs until I at least get my FPs - BUT I'm not looking for any hard to get or "must do" TS meals. I didn't see how many people in your group, but I'd be inclined to grab BOG and any other hard to get/must have ADRs now and leave the rest till later.

I know FPs are a concern in pushing HS and AK to the end of the trip, but I tend to go "priorities first" - a lot can happen during the week and if I hold off my big priority (say SWGE) to late in the trip then get sick, weather goes bad, rides are down, etc., I don't get a do-over.

Sounds like your last day MK tradition is important, and I would keep that.

How much more to bump the tickets to 7 days? I'd be game to have a sleep-in morning or an early evening, but I'd hate to have a day where I couldn't go into a park at all. And you're probably going to want the "rest day" later in the week, when you may "need" to be in a park.

Now that I've rambled for a while, I guess my biggest thought is don't book any ADRs this far out except for the hard-to-get-must-dos, get as many park days as you can, keep your Last Day at MK tradition but don't push the new stuff so late in the trip that you can't get a do-over if things go wrong.

Here are some operational info on the MFSR:
The queue, if it starts right at the entrance is about 2 to 3 hours long if the extended line is open.
They are ready to have a 5 to 6 hours queue that will extend all the way to the exit by TSLand
CM have been told it will be a hard NO for people asking to be the pilot
CM must move people from the loading room to the pre show video in 12 secs and load people on the attraction in under 30 sec.
WDW MFSR have been hitting better numbers in amount of riders than DL
If fully operational there are 30 pods running, 4 turntables with 7 pod each, and each pod sits 6 and 2 GWD (guest with disability) pods
The Garr and Malta (2 workers that come on speaker through the queue) spiel lasts 2 hours, so you won't hear the same conversations unless you are in the line for more than 2 hours

I was pricing a package for a potential trip next spring, and I noticed the following verbiage in the Terms & Conditions: "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity."

Not anything we aren't all expecting, and not really much in the way of details - we still don't know if this means DL-style boarding passes, or early Pandora-style lines just to get into the area - but it's at least a more concrete indication that WDW is likely planning to limit the # of guests in SW:GE at a time.

I was pricing a package for a potential trip next spring, and I noticed the following verbiage in the Terms & Conditions: "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity."

Not anything we aren't all expecting, and not really much in the way of details - we still don't know if this means DL-style boarding passes, or early Pandora-style lines just to get into the area - but it's at least a more concrete indication that WDW is likely planning to limit the # of guests in SW:GE at a time.
this wording has been used from the beginning. Of course the land will have a capacity number, just like Pandora, TSLand and any other area at WDW. If the land hits capacity then they'll close it until people leave, that's been the case all along

this wording has been used from the beginning. Of course the land will have a capacity number, just like Pandora, TSLand and any other area at WDW. If the land hits capacity then they'll close it until people leave, that's been the case all along

I was just trying to be helpful by sharing some official wording I hadn't seen posted in this thread. Sorry it was apparently so obvious that "of course" *everyone* already knew this.

I was just trying to be helpful by sharing some official wording I hadn't seen posted in this thread. Sorry it was apparently so obvious that "of course" *everyone* already knew this.
no need for the snark. It has been posted since the beginning on the general SWGE thread and many other.

If you had conveyed that information without being condescending, there would have been no snark.
Im sorry if it came out as condescending. In threads like this information tends to be repeated a lot, we ask everyone coming into a planning thread to read post 1 of all related threads so old information doesn't get presented as new to avoid confusion

Im sorry if it came out as condescending. In threads like this information tends to be repeated a lot, we ask everyone coming into a planning thread to read post 1 of all related threads so old information doesn't get presented as new to avoid confusion
That's fair. I can understand it must be frustrating dealing with repeated information, and people not familiarizing themselves with the forum protocols, and I certainly didn't need to respond the way I did, but when the response to my very first post read (to me) like, "Well, duh.", it just got under my skin. Sorry for being the bumbling new guy. I'll make sure to check related threads in the future before posting.

So enough derailing the thread with my newbie stupidity, and back to discussing the hell that will be Galaxy's Edge...

Is it too early to begin strategizing for post-"Rise" planning? We're tentatively targeting May 2020, and right now the strategies I'm considering are: either rope drop "Rise" then head to "Smugglers", or rope drop them individually on 2 separate days.

However, my wife's favorite ride is ToT, and in the past we've rope dropped it and ridden it as many times as possible before there's a wait. She'd like to do that again, but since we're only planning 2 HS rope-drop days, that would mean we only have one rope drop available for SW:GE.

I know there's not really any information to go on, but, educated guess, does anyone think it will be possible to rope drop SW:GE and do both rides back to back without a significant (< 60 min) wait? Will boarding groups make a difference?

That's fair. I can understand it must be frustrating dealing with repeated information, and people not familiarizing themselves with the forum protocols, and I certainly didn't need to respond the way I did, but when the response to my very first post read (to me) like, "Well, duh.", it just got under my skin. Sorry for being the bumbling new guy. I'll make sure to check related threads in the future before posting.

So enough derailing the thread with my newbie stupidity, and back to discussing the hell that will be Galaxy's Edge...

Is it too early to begin strategizing for post-"Rise" planning? We're tentatively targeting May 2020, and right now the strategies I'm considering are: either rope drop "Rise" then head to "Smugglers", or rope drop them individually on 2 separate days.

However, my wife's favorite ride is ToT, and in the past we've rope dropped it and ridden it as many times as possible before there's a wait. She'd like to do that again, but since we're only planning 2 HS rope-drop days, that would mean we only have one rope drop available for SW:GE.

I know there's not really any information to go on, but, educated guess, does anyone think it will be possible to rope drop SW:GE and do both rides back to back without a significant (< 60 min) wait? Will boarding groups make a difference?
the good news is that you will have about 4 months of reports on RotR and MFSR wait times so you will be well informed. May is a tricky month, early May might be less busy but last week of May the crowds start building. Like you said, we really don't know. MFSR is a fast loader and it'll have been opened for a while by then, but I wouldn't expect to do both rides under an hour

the good news is that you will have about 4 months of reports on RotR and MFSR wait times so you will be well informed. May is a tricky month, early May might be less busy but last week of May the crowds start building. Like you said, we really don't know. MFSR is a fast loader and it'll have been opened for a while by then, but I wouldn't expect to do both rides under an hour
Thanks. That's what I figured. Just to clarify, though, I don't expect to get through *both* in < 60 min.; I was wondering, given the rumored length of "Rise," if the wait time for "Smugglers" would still be < 60 min. after rope dropping "Rise."

Probably no use speculating, so I'll try to just be patient and wait for some actual data.

Is there an educated guess as to when FP will start for GE based on Disney history? We are going last week of January and I'd actually rather no FP since we aren't staying onsite. ;)

Thanks. That's what I figured. Just to clarify, though, I don't expect to get through *both* in < 60 min.; I was wondering, given the rumored length of "Rise," if the wait time for "Smugglers" would still be < 60 min. after rope dropping "Rise."

Probably no use speculating, so I'll try to just be patient and wait for some actual data.
the rumor that RotR will be 20 mins long is not true, but it will be lengthy for a WDW attraction. The other thing to consider is that RotR has a 40" height requirement while MFSR is 38" so most families will be able to enjoy MFSR, with that in mind I would think you might find RotR at rope drop to be around a 45 min wait and then hopping over to MFSR might be around an hour mark, but again, it's all speculation at this point

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter