Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

kept thinking I was gonna get just a beer at this place, but the more I think about it, might as well get a specialty drink. I can get beer anywhere and will taste similar to most beers out there.

the milks are a mix of rice and coconut milk. Not dairy milk. Some reports are that the texture is weird and the flavor is bland. Disneyland doesn't offer it with boozes though.

All of the snack mix reviews that I saw (I didn't see many) said it has fish in it. Could definitely be just nori. Haven't seen any kind of official ingredient list. For WDW they say it's $8, which will probably keep me away from it all by itself.

Last edited:
It is possible that the "fish taste" comes from the seaweed. Some varieties of dried seaweed taste fishy. It could also be an ingredient like miso paste, oyster sauce or Worcestershire sauce (both which do come in vegetarian versions, although the standard versions contain fish).
Looking at the pics I'm 100% convinced you're right. It's nori. Every picture I can find of it either has a big ol' fried nori chip in it or has some Asian puffed rice crackers with those signature tiny nori rectangle bits. It honestly just looks like Disney bought five different brands of Japanese snack bits and mixed them together then threw in some marshmallow pieces because... why not? Now that's not to say there couldn't be fish powder or shrimp in them, those are very common in Japanese crisps, but if they've directly said it's vegetarian I'd say it's the nori flavor everyone is thinking is fishy.

I do believe I'll stay far away from that though the jello is literally my three favorite flavors in one dessert (Lemonade, blueberry, cotton candy). Only thing that would be better is a souvenir petri dish with it. XD Hopefully without alien bacteria.

the milks are a mix of rice and coconut milk. Not dairy milk. Some reports are that the texture is weird and the flavor is bland. Disneyland doesn't offer it with boozes though.

All of the snack mix reviews that I saw (I didn't see many) said it has fish in it. Could definitely be just nori. Haven't seen any kind of official ingredient list. For WDW they say it's $8, which will probably keep me away from it all by itself.
I think it's higher at WDW because it is supposed to include a dip according the menu online. I won't be getting it anyway once I heard fishy taste even if it is seaweed and not fish in any type or form.

I've looked and nobody seems to have an ingredient list, hopefully someone can find out.

NOTHING from this land anyone has raves about in terms of dining or drinks which is extremely sad.

The blue milk disaster was so disappointing...Butter Beer is a universal essential. Was hoping blue milk would rival it

NOTHING from this land anyone has raves about in terms of dining or drinks which is extremely sad.

The blue milk disaster was so disappointing...Butter Beer is a universal essential. Was hoping blue milk would rival it

Not completely true. I will rave for days about 2 things:

The Ronto Wrap

The Braised Shaak Roast at Docking Bay 7.

Truly, these are 2 of the best things I've ever eaten at a Disney park. The Ronto Wrap is pork perfection. It is a super flavorful, natural casing sausage perfectly grilled (it has char marks, which I love). The roast pork is flavorful and tender. The slaw is crunchy and tangy and the perfect complement to the sausage. The sauce is creamy and kind of peppery/garlicky. The naan bread is soft and warm. Honestly, I want one of these every day. It is the #1 reason I even keep going back to SWGE.

The braised shaak roast meal is table service quality food. It is a large, generous portion. I couldn't finish it all. I probably got 8oz of meat, easily. The pot roast is tender, lean, and falls apart. It tastes more like a short rib, I think. It has a very good flavor throughout. The sauce is rich and just the right consistency to lightly coat the pasta, which honestly tastes handmade. It is a unique shape and is cooked perfectly. The kale , mushrooms, and pearl onions are great additions. I actually don't enjoy mushrooms, but they were easy to move to the side. I appreciate the flavor they impart, though. Honestly, this is a super good meal and large enough to easily share. I am just sad that it's a dinner only entree at Disneyland. I think it will be available all day at WDW. Lucky them!

That photo is making me hungry. I would do just about anything for a nice beef roast that is good and tender. It's comfort food. I may have to cancel my backlot express dinner and just pay out of pocket in GE. (Though maybe I'll luck out and they add it onto the DDP.)

Like @DLgal mentioned a lot of people have raved about the Ronto Wrap.

My first day at GE was the FIRST day (5/31) and since I spent two hours in line for Savi's I ended up not eating anything (whoops.) BF tried half the stuff at Docking Bay 7 and didn't like it, but I never ever got to try the salad they ordered for me.

Second day I had a Ronto Wrap and liked it, and the Popped Grains and liked them too!

On my surprise third visit (in July) FINALLY got into Oga's early enough to get a Bloody Rancor (but too late to get the bone WAH) which was great. The Blue Bantha I liked better than the frozen variety. My cookie however was eh. Later trip back to Oga's that night, liked the Spice Runner Ale, the Blurggfire was a REVELATION - I don't like pomegranate and yet omg, loved that drink, will order again 10/10. Ordered the Batuu bits and liked them! Yes, the chocolate merienge was a little weird, but I just left them till the end. I'm also a fiend for nori (dried seaweed, and probably the source of fish smell for some people, I've had rice crackers made from nothing but rice and nori and my brother nearly tossed me out of the house for fish smell), and I LOVE WASABI PEAS. It's a little crazy, but hey, this is another planet.

I had one more trip to Oga's out in GE West (where I lost my Spira, but then it was found!) where I got the Cliff Dweller (no mug, a friend had gotten me one before cause I LOVE PORGS SO MUCH), which was good, but no Blurggfire, and the Toniray wine, which looked great and I couldn't finish it because it was Too Bitter.

Over those three trips I'd say half the kids were bored, the other half were happily eating Oga's Obsession and bopping to the music. So, depends on your kid! Most families with kids didn't seem to stay the whole 45 minutes, but on my last visit, I had three childless couples rotate next to me during my time, so some people just come in, drink and go.

Oh the Smoked Kaadu Ribs are DIVINE. Planning on ordering again and making BF try it when we go to Orlando for the opening there. Everyone who eats pork order them so they never get taken off the menu please! :worship:

(I promise to try to Shaak Roast soon!)

I'd love a ronto wrap...my friend that is coming with me does not eat pork, which means she will need to go to DB7, so the first time I may be eating there. Maybe try some tip yip.

To contrast with DL’s Shaak Roast at their Docking Bay where DL is known for great presentation and tasty food, here is how it was served during CM previews at DHS’ Docking Bay 7:

5844839A-E04F-44B3-97AB-56F2A16A9CFD.jpeg

Oga's drinks: what options can you recommend that are NOT sweet? And does Oga serve coffee all day, or only at breakfast?

Here is a photo of the Shaak Roast. For reference, that dish is about 12" long. View attachment 425577

Not sure why the photo is sideways...nor how to fix it.
To contrast with DL’s Shaak Roast at their Docking Bay where DL is known for great presentation and tasty food, here is how it was served during CM previews at DHS’ Docking Bay 7:

View attachment 425652

Wow, that’s a big difference. First one is presented nicely on a nice dish and looks sorta Star Wars-ish, and the second looks like something you could get anywhere. A plain white plate doesn’t feel like SW to me. Perhaps they are waiting on the special dishes to arrive?

re Oga's, based on the ingredients they all look sweet to me. except maybe the beer. Maybe the Outer Rim looks less sweet, although I don't know with "fruit puree." If the fruit puree is something like strawberry or passion fruit, it's going to be sweet. Maybe the bourbon drink (Jet Juice).

I want to know if the "milks" are sweet. I see a lot of preference for butterbeer. I think butterbeer is too sweet.

I assume that photo of the preview Shaak roast is the way it was served at the land, and not the promotional photo, they always look a lot better in promotional photos.

So are Docking Bay and Ronto’s really not going to be on the Dining Plan? That really sucks if that’s true. I didn’t want to have to pay out of pocket next month.

Nobody knows yet. If I had to guess I would say that at least Docking Bay WILL be on the dining plan, maybe eventually. But they won't use the DDP logos in the land, so they'll have to come up with something else. It could be that they want to charge more than a CS credit could cover, but there are already some CS with similar prices.

Nobody knows yet. If I had to guess I would say that at least Docking Bay WILL be on the dining plan, maybe eventually. But they won't use the DDP logos in the land, so they'll have to come up with something else. It could be that they want to charge more than a CS credit could cover, but there are already some CS with similar prices.

I asked about whether DDP will be accepted at DHS Galaxy’s Edge on the Disney Parks Blog a couple of weeks ago. It was confirmed that DDP will be accepted at Ronto’s, Docking Bay 7, and the milk stand, but not at Oga’s. From what I have seen from some photos, the DDP logo is visible on menus in GE.

A plain white plate doesn’t feel like SW to me. Perhaps they are waiting on the special dishes to arrive?
The plate is what you can find at Satu’li in Pandora and in Tiffins. So perhaps they haven’t received their plates? It’s hard to say as they’ve had time to stock merchandise to get SWGE ready to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter