Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining (ALL DINING AND DRINKS)

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Wow, that comparison of the 2 Shaak roast platters really highlights the lack of artistic flair and attention to detail that WDW suffers from with their food presentation. I have noticed that recently. Food, particularly CS food, at WDW tends to look just thrown together and unappetizing. Whereas, everything we eat at DLR is picture perfect, even something basic like burgers.
Its California, home of the "oh my god my lettuce is out of place"........Plus DLR does not have near the amount of restaurants that WDW does, 50ish vs well over 200 and all the varied "owners" so the variances will be there and stand out more, does not excuse the sloppiness but not a fair comparision imho...

• DLgal

DIS Veteran
    Its California, home of the "oh my god my lettuce is out of place"........Plus DLR does not have near the amount of restaurants that WDW does, 50ish vs well over 200 and all the varied "owners" so the variances will be there and stand out more, does not excuse the sloppiness but not a fair comparision imho...
    It comes down to taking pride in your work.

DLgal

DIS Veteran
    Yup and if that darn lettuce is not in the right place.............:charac2:

One is eating in a Theme park and not Daniel in NY....... ;)
    I appreciate that level of attention to detail.

All the restaurants post up photos of what a plate "should" look like. I appreciate the art of a nice looking plate of food. We eat with our eyes, after all.

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
    I appreciate that level of attention to detail.

All the restaurants post up photos of what a plate "should" look like. I appreciate the art of a nice looking plate of food. We eat with our eyes, after all.
    True but taste is with ones mouth and THAT is the difference the taste, and from what I read here the taste is there.

• hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
    True but taste is with ones mouth and THAT is the difference the taste, and from what I read here the taste is there.
    I posted the WDW Shaak Roast photo and my DD, who loves eating at Jiko and Tiffins, would never order this again even with a CM discount.

DLgal

DIS Veteran
    I posted the WDW Shaak Roast photo and my DD, who loves eating at Jiko and Tiffins, would never order this again even with a CM discount.
    It honestly didn't look very good in that photo. I had it again on Thursday night at DLR and it was just as good as the first time. I generally don't really even like pot roast, but this dish is amazing. They could serve it at a Signature restaurant and it wouldn't be out of place. I have actually had a short rib dish at Napa Rose that was quite similar in taste to this one.

Lilithfaire

Earning My Ears
    I had the Shaak roast and the Takodana Quencher (using 1 QS DDP credit) and it was tasty and plated ok. Is it worth $18.99? I’m not sure. The meat wasn’t fork tender and the portion was rather small.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS