Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

It looks like traditional Welsh laverbread.
Posters described DL’s Bits as having nori-seaweed and that doesn’t appear in the DL photo.

That ‘dip’ in the DHS photo looks like laverbread? It looks curry-like.

ETA Not curry; not seaweed:
From Disney Food Blog
“Yup, that’s a bowl of super-garlicky Chermoula Dip, and when we saw this on the menu, we had to have it!

Batuu Bits on Disney World’s Oga’s Cantina Menu
Disneyland’s version of Batuu Bits includes the Bits but not the dip (we’ll check on this to see if they update it!), and that’s a bummer because this dip of garlic, spices, and capers is crazy flavorful. Such a treat!”

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...-disney-world-plus-rancor-teeth-have-arrived/

Posters described DL’s Bits as having nori-seaweed and that doesn’t appear in the DL photo.

No the seaweed looks like Welsh laverbread, traditionally eaten with cocked and/or bacon.

It's so weird for them to change it so heavily but earlier when I said nori I was going off this photo and some others from DL that has the tiny rectangles on two of the different types of crackers:66403076_179577903045472_1904884734629125692_n.jpg

I'm kinda hoping people are 100% correct and the east coast ones have no nori because I can't have the stuff (nothing from the ocean) and that sauce looks tasty!

What’s the best thing to get food-wise in SWGE if you don’t like anything spicy?
In Docking Bay 7:
Fried Endorian Tip-Yip is a dish that will be familiar in some ways — because it’s fried chicken! But of course, it’s had an other-worldly twist in that it’s a block. Seriously: it’s cut into a rectangular cube with straight edges and no sense of what that meat should look like organically. Rather than the typical Disney Parks chicken nugget breading, the Tip-Yip has a panko-style breading, giving it a different texture than you might expect from a chicken tender, essentially, in the Parks.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...y-7-food-and-cargo-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Dh is lactose intolerant so we did ask and they told us the vegetable mash (the part we were concerned about) is made with olive oil, not dairy, so it was fine for him. Obviously that isn't the same as an allergy, so you'll have to ask for yourself and decide if you're okay with their answer at the time. Oh, and the ronto wrap is also dairy free as the dressing is mayo-based, not milk-based. Those were the two we specifically asked about.

The Shaak Roast doesn't come with vegetable mash...it is served with pasta.

In Docking Bay 7:
Fried Endorian Tip-Yip is a dish that will be familiar in some ways — because it’s fried chicken! But of course, it’s had an other-worldly twist in that it’s a block. Seriously: it’s cut into a rectangular cube with straight edges and no sense of what that meat should look like organically. Rather than the typical Disney Parks chicken nugget breading, the Tip-Yip has a panko-style breading, giving it a different texture than you might expect from a chicken tender, essentially, in the Parks.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...y-7-food-and-cargo-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

The breading on the chicken IS spicy! Beware!

What’s the best thing to get food-wise in SWGE if you don’t like anything spicy?

I’ve been trying to figure out the same thing. I won’t even eat normal black table pepper. It seems like nearly everything is spicy, which is extremely disappointing. Popcorn, pork wraps, snack mix, specialty drinks, most Docking Bay 7 lunch/dinner items...there’s not a single entree in the DB7 menu I would like. I don’t often buy food at the parks but was looking forward to eating in a SW restaurant. Guess it’ll just be a dessert or roll for me once in a while.

The breakfast items look to be not-spicy, except for the pork wraps. The shrimp and pot roast might not be. One review I read said the ribs are spicy. Some reviews of the chicken don’t mention spicy, some say the sauce is spicy which could be avoided by ordering the kids version, and some like the pp say the breading is spicy.

Oga’s Obsession sounds like it is not spicy too. If you like turkey jerky there’s a sweet option. The desserts should be fine.

ETA Not curry; not seaweed:
From Disney Food Blog
“Yup, that’s a bowl of super-garlicky Chermoula Dip, and when we saw this on the menu, we had to have it!

Batuu Bits on Disney World’s Oga’s Cantina Menu
Disneyland’s version of Batuu Bits includes the Bits but not the dip (we’ll check on this to see if they update it!), and that’s a bummer because this dip of garlic, spices, and capers is crazy flavorful. Such a treat!”

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...-disney-world-plus-rancor-teeth-have-arrived/
in that same article DFB says there are fried seaweed chips.

For those interested in backstory. Here's Oga Garra (not Olga BTW)
OGA GARRA
The elusive local crime boss of Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, few have seen Oga in the flesh and have lived to tell the tale. She has earned an infamous, almost mythical reputation among smugglers, criminals, and prominent figures of the underworld. Even the mere mention of her name sets the locals on edge. Many local Batuuans wonder whether she’ll finally make an appearance now that the First Order has arrived on Black Spire Outpost, but she remains hidden, preferring to run her cantina and the outpost in the shadows.
View attachment 427921
Here’s a Tweet from MCO 😀

So here is my Fried Endorian Tip-Yip....with a green sauce. Wasn’t even gravy like, more like a sauce or salad dressing really. Very good either way but I was expecting a golden gravy. Also, NOT spicy in any way. My daughter loved this too and will not eat anything spicy. The chicken was very good, nice seasoning with the meat being white and not weird in anyway. The potatoes were also good. Way better than the promo photos where it looks full of peas and carrots. I didn't even notice them honestly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter