Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

So here is my Fried Endorian Tip-Yip....with a green sauce. Wasn’t even gravy like, more like a sauce or salad dressing really. Very good either way but I was expecting a golden gravy. Also, NOT spicy in any way. My daughter loved this too and will not eat anything spicy. The chicken was very good, nice seasoning with the meat being white and not weird in anyway. The potatoes were also good. Way better than the promo photos where it looks full of peas and carrots. I didn't even notice them honestly.

Thanks to everyone for offering their experiences on spicy vs. not. I have to chuckle, though... we have at least one of each comment saying the chicken is definitely spicy and the chicken is definitely not spicy. 😂Maybe it depends on who's making the breading each day, hah.

I'm really hoping to get the pot roast, since it seems to have pretty consistently good (and not spicy) reviews. Mainly I just need to make sure the dairy in it is something I can handle (lactose intolerant, so I was just concerned about the gravy/jus having cream in it or something). I can ask when I go in October.

Thanks to everyone for offering their experiences on spicy vs. not. I have to chuckle, though... we have at least one of each comment saying the chicken is definitely spicy and the chicken is definitely not spicy. 😂Maybe it depends on who's making the breading each day, hah.

I'm really hoping to get the pot roast, since it seems to have pretty consistently good (and not spicy) reviews. Mainly I just need to make sure the dairy in it is something I can handle (lactose intolerant, so I was just concerned about the gravy/jus having cream in it or something). I can ask when I go in October.
My six year old ate every bite of his chicken and will not touch spice so I have to lean towards not spicy. Maybe DL’s version is spicy?

My six year old ate every bite of his chicken and will not touch spice so I have to lean towards not spicy. Maybe DL’s version is spicy?

It seemed like my husband's serving had a LOT of black pepper in the breading. That happens a lot at DL with a few restaurants, namely Hungry Bear. They have a breaded chicken sandwich there that is sometimes so spicy it's inedible and other times, has no flavor. They also put salt and pepper on their onion rings and again, sometimes they are COVERED in pepper. I think some chefs simply have a heavy hand and since the chicken is hand breaded, it ends up being unpredictable from day to day.

Did your 6YO have the kids' menu Tip Yip meal (with the mac & cheese)? Is it possible that the chicken for the adult meal is more spicy and the kid's meal portion is not spicy?

Did your 6YO have the kids' menu Tip Yip meal (with the mac & cheese)? Is it possible that the chicken for the adult meal is more spicy and the kid's meal portion is not spicy?

LOL..my husband had the kids meal. He just wanted a snack. It was spicy.

Were at Disneyland for D23 and had the Fried Endorian Tip-Yip last night. I absolutely loved it and will be getting it again next month at DW. I thought it was going to be chopped and pressed chicken. Like in a nugget or patty but it was an actual rectangular shape of chicken. How do they get chicken into that shape? Anyway, it was delicious.

Were at Disneyland for D23 and had the Fried Endorian Tip-Yip last night. I absolutely loved it and will be getting it again next month at DW. I thought it was going to be chopped and pressed chicken. Like in a nugget or patty but it was an actual rectangular shape of chicken. How do they get chicken into that shape? Anyway, it was delicious.

They get really big chicken breasts and literally cut them into rectangles. I can't imagine the amount of waste this produces, although they likely use the scraps for the chicken salad.

They get really big chicken breasts and literally cut them into rectangles. I can't imagine the amount of waste this produces, although they likely use the scraps for the chicken salad.
Then there is no waste

is it just me, or do all the meals at Docking Bay look like extremely small portions? It almost seems like a burger and fries in another place in the park would be more filling. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me. I obviously haven't been, and just going off the pictures.

is it just me, or do all the meals at Docking Bay look like extremely small portions? It almost seems like a burger and fries in another place in the park would be more filling. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me. I obviously haven't been, and just going off the pictures.
I had the ribs and I thought it was a good size. That's the only thing I had as far s food goes inside GE

I had the Yobshrimp Noodle Salad (Chilled Shrimp, Marinated Noodles, Vegetables) and DS had the Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (Crispy Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, and Seasonal Vegetables). I thought the portions were adequate for my frame of reference.

I’m not a fan of mega-sized theme park food offerings but I also would like to ‘get my money’s worth’ too and not leave hungry - I thought both meals were a nice balance in terms of portion sizes. Not too small but not too big either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter