Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

I’m curious. Would some of the waiting problem be solved if we already knew what we wanted to order before walking through the doors, so that we could give it to our server straight away before they can “escape”? Likewise, I can calculate cost+6.5% tax+tip with the best of them. Could we pay in cash as soon as the server brings the drinks?
Server sure. But to be clear, the person that seats you is not your server. I don't know that that person can take your order. So you still have to wait on the server's first visit to the table.

The only thing that caught me off guard was the waiting. Waiting to get in waiting to get drinks and waiting to get my bill. With a 45 min time limit we only had 1 drink and stood there not able to find our waitress with empty glasses. I read reviews and others experiences so I knew we would be standing . Just giving my 2cents on wishing it was bigger with stools lol.

They aren't strict on the 45 minute limit when the service is slow, in my experience. We were in there over an hour our first time and our server was not pushing us out the door since it was partially his fault it was taking so long.

We've been three times, never waited more than 5 minutes in the line outside:
4 people seated at a booth, we had two drinks and took over an hour
2 people standing at the bar, two drinks and out in less than 45 minutes
6 people standing in front of the emergency exit door with about 2 feet of counter space for all of us. 3 of our party just left without ordering anything, the other 3 stayed for one drink and left.

If our last experience had been the first I probably wouldn't have been in a hurry to go back.

They aren't strict on the 45 minute limit when the service is slow, in my experience. We were in there over an hour our first time and our server was not pushing us out the door since it was partially his fault it was taking so long.

We've been three times, never waited more than 5 minutes in the line outside:
4 people seated at a booth, we had two drinks and took over an hour
2 people standing at the bar, two drinks and out in less than 45 minutes
6 people standing in front of the emergency exit door with about 2 feet of counter space for all of us. 3 of our party just left without ordering anything, the other 3 stayed for one drink and left.

If our last experience had been the first I probably wouldn't have been in a hurry to go back.
I think this contributes to the overcrowding. If folks are not leaving 45 min after being seated then they cram too many in there. No excuse for that mind you, just a reason when sometimes it's slammed with bodies and other times, the proper amount are there. I wonder if the system is such that those doing the seating only see that X party has been there 45 min, and it shows them it's time to put someone else at that table. Rather than the more common system where someone manually tags the table as available.

One thing I've found they were very strict with is the 2 drinks per person. First time in there, on opening day, we were seated, served timely, etc. We were in there less than 45 min and had time for 1 more drink but after our 2nd one, we were given our check. Didn't ask for it, just given it. Were not "allowed" to order more. Though allowed seems like the wrong word. Other times we've been we were again, given our check after 2 drinks. Maybe this will change as time goes by and it's less popular in there.

I think this contributes to the overcrowding. If folks are not leaving 45 min after being seated then they cram too many in there. No excuse for that mind you, just a reason when sometimes it's slammed with bodies and other times, the proper amount are there. I wonder if the system is such that those doing the seating only see that X party has been there 45 min, and it shows them it's time to put someone else at that table. Rather than the more common system where someone manually tags the table as available.

It's possible. We were in a booth that time, though, and they didn't bring more people to the table until a group left (there were two other parties when we arrived, as they left they'd bring in another).

We were told to not move away from our spot or it would be filled. So I don't think they keep track of timer or ppl. Just open spots. Which is kinda odd .

We were told to not move away from our spot or it would be filled. So I don't think they keep track of timer or ppl. Just open spots. Which is kinda odd .
I've seen them warn that too. Seen lots ignore it too. But that doesn't seem to be why they overfill tables because most report being taken to a table that was full, so no one was off wandering around

One thing I've found they were very strict with is the 2 drinks per person. First time in there, on opening day, we were seated, served timely, etc. We were in there less than 45 min and had time for 1 more drink but after our 2nd one, we were given our check. Didn't ask for it, just given it. Were not "allowed" to order more. Though allowed seems like the wrong word. Other times we've been we were again, given our check after 2 drinks. Maybe this will change as time goes by and it's less popular in there.

The 2 drinks per person is no longer the case...I was there Oct 26th and as we were walking in (after our reservation was called) our hostess said the 2 drinks per person is no longer in effect :)

The 2 drinks per person is no longer the case...I was there Oct 26th and as we were walking in (after our reservation was called) our hostess said the 2 drinks per person is no longer in effect :)
On the WDW page for Oga’s, as well as DL’s page:
“Alcoholic Beverages
Guests must be 21 years of age or over to consume alcohol; valid photo ID is required. There is a maximum of 2 drinks per Guest.”

“Alcoholic Beverages
Guests must be 21 years of age or over to consume alcohol; valid photo ID is required. There is a maximum of 2 drinks per Guest.”
It's not at all uncommon for the website to lag way behind policy changes. Just look up who qualifies for Child Swap to see faulty info

Food and Beverage menu changes showed up on the app and website within a day of new menu boards for DB7. F&B seems to be better at ensuring updates are noted.

“Alcoholic Beverages

Just telling everyone what WE were told walking in to Oga's - I didn't read it anywhere...we were told that LOL

I thought the 45 minutes starts when you actually receive your drinks, not when you walk in the door. For two of our visits, we left very close to the 45mn after receiving our drinks and no one tried to hurry us along.

Food and Beverage menu changes showed up on the app and website within a day of new menu boards for DB7. F&B seems to be better at ensuring updates are noted.
Yes they have laxed the two drink max but still have been doing 45 minutes so I guess you better be slamming those drinks in order to get through more than two. I only had one during my 45 minutes.

I got the plant based pasta last week as an adult portion and it was actually really good. I am a vegetarian though, but don't think the plant based crumbles added any weird flavor and no smokiness as I wouldn't like that either. The plant based crumbles were nice and small and sauce was full of flavor in my opinion.
Was it meaty tasting? Do you enjoy beyond/impossible burgers? Thanks!!

When I was there last time they said there wasn't a time limit. Maybe because it wasn't as crowded. Thought it was odd

Yes they have laxed the two drink max but still have been doing 45 minutes so I guess you better be slamming those drinks in order to get through more than two. I only had one during my 45 minutes.

plus would make for a pretty expensive 45 minutes too

So I haven’t been fully following the Star Wars threads as I didn’t think we were going to WDW this year, but now we are...so...tell me about Oga’s. If I have a dinner reservation elsewhere, can I not also have a reservation for Oga’s in the same time period? I mean that’s how it always is otherwise, but I wasn’t sure since it’s not a reservation for food but drinks. Please tell me how this works!

If I have a dinner reservation elsewhere, can I not also have a reservation for Oga’s in the same time period?
Reservations for Oga’s are made through the Dining Reservation system and all booking rules apply.

The system doesn’t allow guests more than one reservation for a specific timeframe,

Reservations for Oga’s are made through the Dining Reservation system and all booking rules apply.

The system doesn’t allow guests more than one reservation for a specific timeframe,
I thought that must be the case. That’s a bummer! Pick and choose I guess. Eat or drink?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!