Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then at some point it will be cut back (maybe temporarily), and people on boards will LOSE it! :D

But in all seriousness, that does seem really cool. I picture my cousin -- the biggest SW freak I know -- being approached this way... he just might pass out! :laughing:

Right after I posted about how it would even be fun to watch other guests be interacted with...I thought to myself that I can just hear how people will complain if they (or their kids) don't get to be the ones that have some sort of added experience. "I paid all this money...blah blah blah....not fair that I don't get....blah blah blah....why does their kid get to XYZ and mine doesn't, etc."

Apologize for my angry fan coming out but...Using Hondo in this timeline makes almost NO sense. He is as old if not older than Vader and GE is set in the time of the Resistance and First Order (being public)...so at most 1yr before TFA which would be almost 40 years after we last see Hondo in Rebels when is already "acting" old. Granted aliens age differently but from Clone Wars to Rebels he aged a lot and 40 years later is an eye roll for me.
Well at least they did make him look pretty old then:

Apologize for my angry fan coming out but...Using Hondo in this timeline makes almost NO sense. He is as old if not older than Vader and GE is set in the time of the Resistance and First Order (being public)...so at most 1yr before TFA which would be almost 40 years after we last see Hondo in Rebels when is already "acting" old. Granted aliens age differently but from Clone Wars to Rebels he aged a lot and 40 years later is an eye roll for me.

Considering Yoda is 900 years old and wookie lifespans are supposedly 400 years, I think we can just assume a lot of SW aliens live way longer than humanoids, no matter how wrinkly. :)

He's such a great character though!

And it's Jim Cummings. Maybe that's why.

Oh yes I like Hondo and I am fine with aliens living much longer than humans...my issue is that he aged SO much from Clone Wars to Rebels (25 years ish) and SWGE is supposed to be 35 years after his last appearance in Rebels.

It likely wont bother me past today but its just an
Well at least they did make him look pretty old then:

Its ok I am over it now...but ya he definitely does look older than he did at the end of Rebels.

Then at some point it will be cut back (maybe temporarily), and people on boards will LOSE it! :D

But in all seriousness, that does seem really cool. I picture my cousin -- the biggest SW freak I know -- being approached this way... he just might pass out! :laughing:

There are rumors that they have already started cutting back on this sort of interaction.

So that would be a capacity around 2800 that’s pretty good. Is that confirmed?
How is that 2800/ hour capacity?

If the ride is around 5 minutes(like FOP and Soarin) and it takes 3 minutes to load and unload. That would allow 7.5 rotations per hour. If each rotation has 168 people, that's 1260 per hour. Unless i'm missing something.

If the ride is around 5 minutes(like FOP and Soarin) and it takes 3 minutes to load and unload. That would allow 7.5 rotations per hour. If each rotation has 168 people, that's 1260 per hour. Unless i'm missing something.
I believe expected ride time is 3-4 minutes. I could be wrong though. This is also a continuous loader. The turn tables rotate slowly and the load as they pass by, then ride time, then unload.

I believe expected ride time is 3-4 minutes. I could be wrong though. This is also a continuous loader. The turn tables rotate slowly and the load as they pass by, then ride time, then unload.
Ok so let's say its 4 minutes ride time, and even as a continuous loader it would still require a min for people to get out of there seats and out of the cockpit and then next group sits and rides. So that's 5 min turnaround...that's a 2016/hourly capacity.
What is considered a good capacity?

Ok so let's say its 4 minutes ride time, and even as a continuous loader it would still require a min for people to get out of there seats and out of the cockpit and then next group sits and rides. So that's 5 min turnaround...that's a 2016/hourly capacity.
Probably anything over 1800 is decent. With the demand though nothing will be enough.

And time to load those needing assitance

Does it really matter, at this point? It's all conjecture anyway. Breaking down the math on unknowns seems trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter