Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he poses an interesting question. How are the guests going to transition from the attraction building into the falcon (the actual pods)? Will there be an elevator that takes you to the loading ramps for the ship? Maybe a projection/image mirroring the exact backdrop with the guests going onto the ramps.

I said the same thing on another thread. There is no way they would open SW a week before Christmas- closing gates at MK and DHS for capacity, the bus system, the restaurants, etc. Logistics aren't there, you will have MANY angry guests - just bad business. My guess is either Late October, early November or not until Jan 2020- The ticket price thing may have to do they are a week from Christmas and want to judge sales with the new system before providing updated pricing. However, I priced a "package" from 12/22/19 to 12/27/19- the ticket prices for 7 days for 3- 2 adults and child came out to be about 83 a person per day with park hopper. Not sure that means much more than its the week of Christmas and they are going to up the prices for that week no matter what.

Ooh is there another thread discussing? Please can you link for me? I had a quick look and couldn’t see anything. Thanks!

Ugh so annoying - we're book December 7 through the 15!

The WDWNT theory about SWGE opening between December 17 and 20 because ticket prices were only available till December 16, 2019 is already out of the window... Ticket prices have now been released for the remainder of the year, prices for around Christmas are equal to the prices around Thanksgiving.

The WDWNT theory about SWGE opening between December 17 and 20 because ticket prices were only available till December 16, 2019 is already out of the window... Ticket prices have now been released for the remainder of the year, prices for around Christmas are equal to the prices around Thanksgiving.

I figured they would not forecast the opening that blatantly nor would they plan it around Christmas

I thought they would time it with the release of Star Wars IX actually (Dec 20th). When TLJ came out, they Disney Springs AMC theater had a Thursday showing and I think there was a Star Wars party at Hollywood Studios too that weekend.

It would be cool if they did time it for a "Star Wars Celebration Party" / limited tickets for that weekend with the new SWGE opening up. I could see them doing a soft opening as well just to make sure things go smoothly.

I wish they would give the opening date so that people can plan for it next year. We usually go in October but are pushing our trip back for Galaxy's Edge.
I hope it is earlier than these rumored dates. I would personally love to go the last 2 weeks of December because that makes a lot of sense with my work pay and time off. However my husband may have a harder time getting those weeks off (at least until the last minute). So if they open then it could really mess things up for us.

I wish they would give the opening date so that people can plan for it next year. We usually go in October but are pushing our trip back for Galaxy's Edge.
I hope it is earlier than these rumored dates. I would personally love to go the last 2 weeks of December because that makes a lot of sense with my work pay and time off. However my husband may have a harder time getting those weeks off (at least until the last minute). So if they open then it could really mess things up for us.

I think they'll try to avoid setting a date as long as they possibly can.

#1: See the Rivers of Light debacle where they set the date and then couldn't get things done in time AT ALL and had all kinds of problems.
#2: You aren't the only one trying to make the next trip be when it opens. I think they want to keep people guessing a bit because if they say they're opening it the weekend after Thanksgiving (or whatever), they're afraid attendance will fall off a cliff until that time. I mean, I realize they've already said "late fall", but that's at least somewhat generic and I know there are people who have trips booked for October and early November in the hopes that GE will be open. I think they'll be disappointed, but those people exist.
#3: There are surely other reasons I'm not thinking of right now, but the first two I mentioned are probably the biggest ones.

I know nothing official, I've just been reading forums and following along for quite some time now.

Well since everyone wants to use ticket blockout dates to deduce when SWGE will open at WDW - I found one:

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ProductTicketingDetails?productId=prod2676537

I’m Canadian and using the AirMiles rewards program to save up for flights & hotel for our WDW trip in 2019. I have tickets that don’t expire til 2030 through this program.

They just posted new 2019 valid passes as a reward - however note that they are not valid past Sept 27 2019. Not that I would call that late fall.

LOL they will probably only announce the opening date on Sept 27 2019!

Well since everyone wants to use ticket blockout dates to deduce when SWGE will open at WDW - I found one:

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ProductTicketingDetails?productId=prod2676537

I’m Canadian and using the AirMiles rewards program to save up for flights & hotel for our WDW trip in 2019. I have tickets that don’t expire til 2030 through this program.

They just posted new 2019 valid passes as a reward - however note that they are not valid past Sept 27 2019. Not that I would call that late fall.

LOL they will probably only announce the opening date on Sept 27 2019!

Not sure it will be that early.

They must be reading old permits, lol - http://blogmickey.com/2016/08/proje...ent-filed-star-wars-land-ends-september-2019/

I been in construction for 25yr and im actually a project superintendent, so i can tell u first hand, dis cant release an opening date that far in advance because they dont know themselves yet. Yes, there is always a budget and timeline but they always go out the window. There are 3 major phases of all projects. 1. Define 2. Plan 3. Execute. Most of the time, when a projects gets to execute, the scheduled is already pushed back. There is time in the execute schedule for delays but more times than not, its never enough time and u have way more delays, down time than u accounted for, which pushes things out. It wont be until they are about 75% complete before tgan can release an accurate opening date. From that point they can add manpower and overtime to compensate for delays and keep schedule. Just a little insight for those wandering why dis hasnt released a date yet and basicly gave themselves a 4 month window.

My family is hoping to celebrate my birthday and the beginning of the Christmas season at Disney in early December 2019. We do not want to go after Galaxys Edge has opened. Huge Star Wars fans but we know it will be a mad house for quite some time. I know they say it will open late fall and that ticket prices for beyond December 16th 2019 aren’t showing yet so there’s that guess. Any idea when we would have a clear opening date?

There's been buzz that it might be pushed to January 2020, but we really won't know anything until probably early summer next year. With a project that size they won't even start to speculate on opening dates until they're about 3/4 the way completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter