Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will the fp+ work. Lets say come Sept 2019, wdw releases an official opening date of Dec 5, will u be able to fp 30/60 days in advance or will they wait until its officially open before they allow fp.

How will the fp+ work. Lets say come Sept 2019, wdw releases an official opening date of Dec 5, will u be able to fp 30/60 days in advance or will they wait until its officially open before they allow fp.
If what happens with pandora and toy story land holds the FPs will open up so where between 65-70 days before with the 30/60 rule so those with onsite stays can book their 60+ days.

If what happens with pandora and toy story land holds the FPs will open up so where between 65-70 days before with the 30/60 rule so those with onsite stays can book their 60+ days.

Fixed that for you...

wonder if they might give a bit more notice - as I can see some people interested in booking concierge just to get the opportunity to book these at 90 days out (assuming that option still exists going forward)

wonder if they might give a bit more notice - as I can see some people interested in booking concierge just to get the opportunity to book these at 90 days out (assuming that option still exists going forward)

OMGoodness, you're a genius! I had been trying to figure this out since dh and I will be taking a short trip (and therefore won't get a very big booking window). Maybe club level is the way to go!

OMGoodness, you're a genius! I had been trying to figure this out since dh and I will be taking a short trip (and therefore won't get a very big booking window). Maybe club level is the way to go!

I also want to see what they do as far as paid extra hour events. I know they will be pricey but might be worth the trade off of staying off site, saving $ that way, and then pay for the special event/VIP tour/whatever than pay to stay onsite and *hope* you get FP+ at 60 days out

LOL ok so maybe SWGE preview passes for $500ea

It wouldnt suprise me. I dont think sweg will open fall but I do think its a real possibility they do a hard ticket preview around xmas. They are 4-6 months behind Disneyland so that means Anaheim will have to open around May if we expect wdw to open in fall, i just dont see it but we'll see.

It wouldnt suprise me. I dont think sweg will open fall but I do think its a real possibility they do a hard ticket preview around xmas. They are 4-6 months behind Disneyland so that means Anaheim will have to open around May if we expect wdw to open in fall, i just dont see it but we'll see.
Why would they announce fall if it didn’t open in the fall? I’d say it’s closer to 4 months at this point. June is being targeted for Disneyland. Construction is moving quite well all things considered.

And, If your vacation included Dec 5th, it would be better if your stay began Dec 1, so that you could be booking SWL attractions at 60+5 or more.
(My summer trip began on Jun 30, TSL opening day, and the only FP+ I could get at for Jun 30, at my 60+1 day was TSMM.. wasn’t a huge problem because I had enough days to also get Slinky at 60+4 later in my trip.)

Try reading my post properly next time and save the useless comment. I didnt ask why wdw decided to open swge in late fall, i said i dont know why they would release a soft date at that time. All that has done is cause people that vacation in the fall push their vacation back and people in the spring move theirs up to around xmas which is the busiest time of year. Even if they do plan on opening the park late fall, they didnt need to release so far in advance causing such an obvious congestion.

Wow. Way to attack a Moderator of the board that gives great info. He is 100% correct. Disney always gives a soft date for every project based on when they feel the project will be ready.

been out of the loop for a while, following now as I have decided my dates for June 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!