Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Hogwarts, they gave us a return time pass.
That seems like a good solution. You don't want guests standing in line .. you want guests going to other attractions/restaurants and shops.

I'd be fine with that if I walked into DHS and they said I could visit SWGE at a certain time .. without having to wait in a long line (to get into the land itself) or without shoulder to shoulder crowds spoiling the view.

The world is pretty well designed with two relatively narrow entrances. I can easily seeing them gating off those tunnels and only allowing so many guests in at a time, though (like said above by rteetz), they will let people who have Fast Passes skip the line.

Not sure, did Universal ever do this for either of the HP lands?

and for Pandora, which also has two paths into the land, they made one of the paths exit only, so there was only one way in. I can see them doing the same thing here with having the path between Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge be exit only vs having long lines of people waiting to get into galaxy's Edge be in Toy Story Land

and for Pandora, which also has two paths into the land, they made one of the paths exit only, so there was only one way in. I can see them doing the same thing here with having the path between Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge be exit only vs having long lines of people waiting to get into galaxy's Edge be in Toy Story Land
Yes .. that would work great! I hope they do that.

No matter what they do, I think this land is always just going to be manic, way into past the 50th anniversary. It does look like it will be more 'open plan' than say Hogwarts so that should help.

This is the one time that I'm going to start saving now and when me and the family go in 2021, I'll rather pay $2k -$3k experience the Star Wars hotel and experience galaxies edge with next to no crowds.

For what they are Likely to charge for this hotel, I want a really personal experience.

How many rumored properties does that bring their new park up to? Seems like that's about the 12th one I've heard about. Most seem like wishful thinking than reality. Nintendo and Harry Potter seem pretty obvious. Jurassic World would also make sense for them, Terminator not so much. Lord of the Rings and Star Trek could be cool, but both would almost definitely be screen heavy, and how much of it's Park does Universal want to keep licensing.

The three shows I've watched the most episodes repeatedly are Little House on the Prarie(don't judge) Star Trek The Next Generation and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Love all three to this day and if I stumbled across one flipping through the channels I would happily finish that episode.

That being said, Star Trek is boring. Certain characters are iconic but those characters are boring. Spock might be the most boring character ever created and Jean Luc Picard well his claim to fame is "engage" and Captain Kirk was entertaining but he was a womanizer. Even the villains are boring, Q, Klingons, the Borg all boring. Although I would love a ride based on Q.

If Universal is really going to one up Star Wars they need a better property set in space, something thrilling and fun. Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy...oh wait. How about Ice Pirates then.

That seems like a good solution. You don't want guests standing in line .. you want guests going to other attractions/restaurants and shops.

I'd be fine with that if I walked into DHS and they said I could visit SWGE at a certain time .. without having to wait in a long line (to get into the land itself) or without shoulder to shoulder crowds spoiling the view.

So basically a FP just to enter the land. Dispense FP with timed entries and let people in accordingly. Similar to what some museum shops do for big exhibitions.

Now what they could do is a Universal Monster Land!!! Werewolves, Dracula, Frankenstein, he Mummy!!!! Van Helsing! It could take place in Transylvania.
Now that would be awesome.

I don't think their attempted reboot of that went so well, though.

I don't think their attempted reboot of that went so well, though.

But the land would still be awesome, right? :) The monsters are classics. It would be like a giant haunted land, creepy.

Someone build this for me?

And while you are at it, can we get a Ray Harryhausen Land somewhere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter