Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I am not sure how the theming will go though. 99% of Star Trek takes place on the Enterprise and when they visit a planet, it was always very generic.

What a good point! I guess they could have a Borg cube, a Klingon planet and other notables. I guess it depends on the time frame they would choose to theme?

Our Annual Passes will expire on November 24, 2019, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so unless we aim for a Thanksgiving trip (doubtful) we'll probably miss out.
We've changed our plans. We'll visit WDW right before Christmas this year, so our Annual Passes will expire on December 16, 2019. So we will aim for a return trip December 8-13, 2019, and hopefully that'll be "late" enough in the Fall.

Watch: The soft opening will be December 14. :tilt:

We've changed our plans. We'll visit WDW right before Christmas this year, so our Annual Passes will expire on December 16, 2019. So we will aim for a return trip December 8-13, 2019, and hopefully that'll be "late" enough in the Fall.

Watch: The soft opening will be December 14. :tilt:

December is winter in Disney seasons so unless its delayed you should be safe. More than likely opening before Thanksgiving.

December is winter in Disney seasons so unless its delayed you should be safe. More than likely opening before Thanksgiving.
As likely as not, then, during the week we were originally planning to visit. I think I'm happy enough about NOT being there opening week, and instead a few weeks later.

News

The name of the village inside Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will be Black Spire Outpost!

Life size ships being created for SWGE. Guests will also be able to buy creatures at the creature stall within SWGE!

View attachment 325286 View attachment 325287

Anyone know exactly what the resistance transport ship is about? I see reports on twitter saying that you’ll be able to board it and go on your own Star Wars adventure.

Anyone know exactly what the resistance transport ship is about? I see reports on twitter saying that you’ll be able to board it and go on your own Star Wars adventure.
It’s part of the pre show to the battle attraction I believe. You board the ship and are “transported” to the place where the battle takes place which isn’t on Batuu.

It’s part of the pre show to the battle attraction I believe. You board the ship and are “transported” to the place where the battle takes place which isn’t on Batuu.

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense now, thanks!

I just want to know how 6 people can fly the falcon at the same time? I thought the max crew was 4 (1 pilot, 1 co-pilot and 2 gunners). I suspect there will be 2 "flyers" while the others will be responsible for deflector shields, engine management, weapons, etc.

Maybe your experience changes with each one of the 6 seats?

I just want to know how 6 people can fly the falcon at the same time? I thought the max crew was 4 (1 pilot, 1 co-pilot and 2 gunners). I suspect there will be 2 "flyers" while the others will be responsible for deflector shields, engine management, weapons, etc.

Each cockpit holds 6. If they did four it would be even less capacity. As far as I know each seat will have a different job.

yeah, I am sure there will be other things - like someone in charge of the warp drive or having to keep the ship running when it fails or something like that ... think more all the different roles on a Star Trek ship

I'm getting confused on the rides. Is Battle Escape a different ride than the one that will have the Millennium Falcon? Battle Escape has a moving vehicle and Falcon is more virtual reality?

yeah, I am sure there will be other things - like someone in charge of the warp drive or having to keep the ship running when it fails or something like that ... think more all the different roles on a Star Trek ship

That's what I envisioned as well. Still, the purist in me would keep the cockpit to 4 seats and have the gunners top/bottom via separate entrances (I know you can't have ladders, but perhaps a ramp). Then again, capacity, capacity, capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter