Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sharing an official WDW twitter response from yesterday (June 10) on the question of reservations:

"At this time we do not have a reservation system. We encourage you to keep your eyes peeled on the Disney Parks Blog for up to date information as it comes available with the opening just around the corner!"

The key words being "at this time". At least in this response they are not ruling out a reservation system. They also seem to imply that news will be forthcoming. I am hoping they make an announcement before my fastpass window opens on June 22

I am thinking of going to WDW beginning of Sept for 10 days but now not so sure- I don't want to have to fight crowds, and if SWGE is just opening it will probably be a zoo!

I beg your pardon what I meant was if the park is full what happens to our 7pm ADR?
If you have an ADR and the park is anything less than a phase four closure you can get in. If it’s a phase four closure nobody else can get in no matter whether you have an ADR or not. Phase four closure are rare.

I beg your pardon what I meant was if the park is full what happens to our 7pm ADR?
here's the full explanation on phased closures:
Phase A Closing
No admission of guests with one day tickets, and no admission of guests even with FastPass+ reservations unless they have one of the following:
  • WDW Resort Guests, including The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green, Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus (Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton), Golden Oak residents and guests.
  • WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
  • Guests with Park Hopper tickets re-entering or crossing over from another WDW Theme Park
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League.
Phase B Closing
No admission of guests with one day tickets, and no re-entering or crossing over from another park unless they have one of the following:
  • WDW Resort Guests, including The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green, Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus (Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton), Golden Oak residents and guests.
  • WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League.
  • FastPass+ reservations and is a WDW Resort hotel guest.
Phase 1 Park Closing
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.Phase 2 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
  • Guests re-entering the park
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
  • Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.
  • Guests with pre-purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets
Phase 3 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
Phase 4 Park Closing
Closed to all guests.

DPB just posted that they will have preview days for AP's Platinum and higher prior to the opening date- check your emails for the forthcoming registration information!

Well our WDW vacation was booked in Feb and choose of all days, the 29th as our HS day, was able to get the ADR's we wanted and the times so this tossed in a clog but am sticking with the plans as we have never partake'd of a "opening day" in Disney so said WTH........I PRAY we will not regret it.....SUPER curious to see how Disney will handle the crowds other then EEMH...........

My birthday is 8/30. I want a peek, especially since I’m a gold pass holder and previews are closed to me. No camping out though. Maybe just go over when the resort buses start running.

The last three days of my vacation are the 29th, 30th, and 31st. I am thinking to go to SWGE the 30th (though I could go the 29th or 31st) to check it out. My FP date is coming up next week. I feel like I need a plan in place for this date and I don't know what it should be . I am not a passholder, and I have park hoppers. How are any of you who are planning on going the first few days at SWGE handling your upcoming FP selections?

The last three days of my vacation are the 29th, 30th, and 31st. I am thinking to go to SWGE the 30th (though I could go the 29th or 31st) to check it out. My FP date is coming up next week. I feel like I need a plan in place for this date and I don't know what it should be . I am not a passholder, and I have park hoppers. How are any of you who are planning on going the first few days at SWGE handling your upcoming FP selections?
first don't panic. Being an on site guest will give you the opportunity to come into the park even if it's at Phase 3 closing so no worries on that front. For fp planning I would say plan as you would normally do if you are not thinking of going into SWGE. If you are thinking of going to SWGE then I would plan fp for the afternoon hours and try and get to the park as earliest as possible for GE

Just hopping onto these boards. Had to reschedule my august trip and it lands on ge opening dates: 29 and 30 staying on property. never planned on being at wdw for opening and resorts were all available really. I want to know if i don't want to camp out, staying on property, what can I expect of the first two days and how and where should I be going? Like six a.m. resort bus? or p.m. etc. Will there be hours of waiting outside the land those two days and not worth it? Should I just go to the other parks instead...

Just hopping onto these boards. Had to reschedule my august trip and it lands on ge opening dates: 29 and 30 staying on property. never planned on being at wdw for opening and resorts were all available really. I want to know if i don't want to camp out, staying on property, what can I expect of the first two days and how and where should I be going? Like six a.m. resort bus? or p.m. etc. Will there be hours of waiting outside the land those two days and not worth it? Should I just go to the other parks instead...
Disney has not come out to say how or if they will do anything to control the lines. We are expecting virtual queues to get into the land. So basically once the parks opens at 6 (probably before 6) they will fill the land to capacity and then the VQ will kick in and people will be able to get in the virtual line by using the app. That's what is expected, again we don't know for sure yet.
If SWGE is very important to you I would plan on being there very, very early, if it's not important then I would for sure go to another park

Disney has not come out to say how or if they will do anything to control the lines. We are expecting virtual queues to get into the land. So basically once the parks opens at 6 (probably before 6) they will fill the land to capacity and then the VQ will kick in and people will be able to get in the virtual line by using the app. That's what is expected, again we don't know for sure yet.
If SWGE is very important to you I would plan on being there very, very early, if it's not important then I would for sure go to another park
How early lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter