Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guesses as to what will be going on between passholder previews and opening day? We are there that week. lol Any glimmer of hope for a soft opening?
Since we arrive on the 26th I would be all for a soft opening as I dont have plans that we cant break but Aug 28th is a planned AK day with the Circle of Flavors dinner event from 6-9pm. Ih, and the Jiko wine tasting at 3pm. My luck they will have a soft opening on wednesday!

There's no line to get into the vq.
Scenario:
The park opens and an hour later Swge is filled to capacity.
At that moment the vq kicks in, on your MDE , you get to the park and find the land is full so you take your phone out go on mde and sign into the vq.
You are now waiting for your boarding group to be called, in the meantime you can do whatever you want.
Your boarding group is called and you have up to 2 hours to make your way over to the land in case you're eating, or on a ride or even went to another park or back to your room
Can u pick a return time?

So land is full. I’m in Hollywood studio. It says I can get in 4 hrs from now but it will be 3 pm and beyond hot out. I don’t go to the parks anymore during the afternoon. I’m out by 12. Back in after diner. Can u pick a time to come back or are u just given a time.

If you are given a time can u cx it and try for a later time?

Now that you're able to make a 14-day ADR for DL's Oga's Cantina, I would consider that similar to a FP+, or a sort of bypass, for the VQ.

Of course, we still have no idea if HS will implement ADR's for Oga's. But if they do, I predict that will be an extremely difficult reservation to snag. Consider that Oga's is something you're likely to want to do anyways while in GE. So why not use an ADR to bypass any physical or virtual queue for the land, and just go whenever suits you?

It would be sort of similar to using a BOG breakfast ADR at MK to get ahead of the rope drop crowd, but even better, since you're only the hook for one drink, and not limited to an early morning start.
And I hope it doesn’t turn into that.

Can u pick a return time?

So land is full. I’m in Hollywood studio. It says I can get in 4 hrs from now but it will be 3 pm and beyond hot out. I don’t go to the parks anymore during the afternoon. I’m out by 12. Back in after diner. Can u pick a time to come back or are u just given a time.

If you are given a time can u cx it and try for a later time?
No its not like a FP. You enter the virtual queue and get a boarding position given to you.

This is of course if they go this route.

i'm nervous. we are there the last two days of our vacation 8/29 and 8/30 . i kept both days wide open for this with no other plans, no schedule, just hoping so much to get into the land with dh and two teen boys but worried about camping out because i'm on property with no ' tools' shall we say. i don't want to camp out but i don't mind getting there super early either. i'm just nervous about the unplanned, not knowing any information which i'm now getting kind of angry about and less nervous as i write this! haha. they should give us more info. to prepare and plan because it's so close.

It's almost certain that there will be a media event sometime between 8/21 and 8/28.

I would really like to just get in on 8/30, but there's no way to plan, because there's no way to know what time one has to get there in order to just be able to enter the land before 6 PM. I can go in anytime before, say, 6 PM. But if I have to wait all day in a line at DHS I'm going to give up and go to Epcot. I did break down and book a dinner at Springs.

It's almost certain that there will be a media event sometime between 8/21 and 8/28.

I would really like to just get in on 8/30, but there's no way to plan, because there's no way to know what time one has to get there in order to just be able to enter the land before 6 PM. I can go in anytime before, say, 6 PM. But if I have to wait all day in a line at DHS I'm going to give up and go to Epcot. I did break down and book a dinner at Springs.
this is the problem. Noone can plan.

I have an adr for lunch at DHS in hopes that it at least lets me get into park if they are at levels of park closures. But if we don't need it I don't want it. We are hoping to go that morning, and have no expectations other than the basics...you know....access to SWGE, then ride Slinky and tower of terror both with little wait. LOL

For real though: if we can at least walk through SWGE, and be part of the morning opening hype, that is good enough for me. I can always go back to better experience it all. and being there for the 6am opening (which will probably open earlier) we are hoping to walk through then make our way to slinky, and yes, maybe even TOT before leaving to go back to hotel before Epcot in afternoon. Perhaps a bit ambitions, but until details are released, it's all i have.

this is the problem. Noone can plan.

I have an adr for lunch at DHS in hopes that it at least lets me get into park if they are at levels of park closures. But if we don't need it I don't want it. We are hoping to go that morning, and have no expectations other than the basics...you know....access to SWGE, then ride Slinky and tower of terror both with little wait. LOL

For real though: if we can at least walk through SWGE, and be part of the morning opening hype, that is good enough for me. I can always go back to better experience it all. and being there for the 6am opening (which will probably open earlier) we are hoping to walk through then make our way to slinky, and yes, maybe even TOT before leaving to go back to hotel before Epcot in afternoon. Perhaps a bit ambitions, but until details are released, it's all i have.
same plans i'm thinking. walk over to food and wine after for breakfast/lunch. hotel break in the afternoon. then decide what to do after. no adrs that day which i'm nervous about. i made fp's for epcot in the afternoon. idk if i will even use them if we're at hotel obviously exhausted. idk.

Does anyone think they'll open the Skyliner early from CB to HS for opening weekend?? We happened to book the CB for Labor Day weekend long before they announced GE - and I'm still hoping they may have a secret soft opening for hotel guests. If it's functional it'd be crazy not to use it to move people.

Does anyone think they'll open the Skyliner early from CB to HS for opening weekend?? We happened to book the CB for Labor Day weekend long before they announced GE - and I'm still hoping they may have a secret soft opening for hotel guests. If it's functional it'd be crazy not to use it to move people.
yes I believe the skyliner with the DHS stop will open by August 29th

So is the plan for the previews to have people enter through Grand ave and exit into Toy story land?
I think we'll find out today with CM previews. I would think not, I think only Grand Avenue will be open for entrance and exit through previews

same plans i'm thinking. walk over to food and wine after for breakfast/lunch. hotel break in the afternoon. then decide what to do after. no adrs that day which i'm nervous about. i made fp's for epcot in the afternoon. idk if i will even use them if we're at hotel obviously exhausted. idk.
i too have FP for Epcot for the afternoon

with my ADR for Sci Fi, if we really are exhausted and don't want it, I think I can "modify it" to a later date, correct? (and avoid the cancel fee. eek)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter