Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i want to do epcot food and wine same day. no clue how. i have info. that parking lots will open at 2 a.m. and resort buses at 3:45. i will be at coronado. i regret not getting a walkable resort like yacht now. i think 3:45 would be way too late. so i will do lyft or uber or even mears (?) . what time do you all think and i assume we go bagless?
My partner has to use a scooter, so we are relying on the bus transportation from Pop (unless of course skyway is soft opening) we were hoping to be there by 4am if only running at 345, that may be tight.

Love this idea! Staying at Coronado and heading over at 12am with a party of 2. If you make one link me!

If anyone else is interested. I created a ******* channel for all to use. It would be an easier way to stay in communication during opening day. It would allow us to stay more up to date with someone who happens to get there around 12am-3am. They can give those people wanting to come in earlier or later information about parking, lines and etc. We can give the others who are arriving much later information on merchandise and other things. Plus, we could entertain one another while waiting in those long lines to get into the park. Link is below.

Stars Wars Galaxy's Edge - Opening Day ******* Channel

So, do we have any idea how the VQ will show up in MDE? Will it just automatically populate when we open MDE within DHS, or do we need to try to find it lurking somewhere in there?

Being put in resort rooms...
We don't have it in our room at WL yet.
Will they be using VQ on opening day? We are here now and a CM at DHS told us today that there was going to be one long line on opening day. But then, CM's have been wrong before.

That’s a real late push on these virtual queues and boarding groups. We were planning to get into the parking lot by 4am... but I’m worried that may be too late now. I spoke with a cast member on the phone just last Friday and they said the lot opened at 4am. There is a lot of conflicting rumors and information...

That’s a real late push on these virtual queues and boarding groups. We were planning to get into the parking lot by 4am... but I’m worried that may be too late now. I spoke with a cast member on the phone just last Friday and they said the lot opened at 4am. There is a lot of conflicting rumors and information...
no, the parking lot will be open 24 hours, I h=was at DHS Sunday and talked to CM that are scheduled to be there overnight

The slooooooooow trickle of info is bizarre to me. It's as if they want a bunch of cranky Guests who haven't heard anything and arrive at 8am expecting to get right in, score a ligthsaber at Savi's, build a droid, and celebrate at Oga's...

We don't have it in our room at WL yet.
Will they be using VQ on opening day? We are here now and a CM at DHS told us today that there was going to be one long line on opening day. But then, CM's have been wrong before.
I believe they will use it from day one as soon as the land closes to capacity. There will be a long line in the morning to be able to get into the land without the need to join a boarding group

The only thing the flyer leaves out is whether or not you actually have to be inside DHS to join the virtual queue. At Disneyland you had to be inside the Disneyland Park first. With the instructions about the placement of the monitors, it looks like you do.

Last edited:
The only thing the flyer leaves out is whether or not you actually have to be inside DHS to join the virtual queue. At Disneyland you had to be inside the Disneyland Park first.
I have first hand reports that you had to enter a park (this particular case was dca) and then they went back to their room and were able to join a boarding group.
It's hard cause DL only used it one day as far as I know so we don't have a lot of reports.
Im going Thursday, I'll be there early and try and find the right answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter