Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if the land "capacity" today is going to be the same as when they use the VQ down the road but how was it just walking around, looking in shops etc. I was at DL during the reservation period and it was so pleasant to walk around and you weren't shoulder to shoulder with people and could really take in the land.

Does it feel like they've kept it manageable in terms of how packed everyone is?

The VQ kicked in at 6am when the land reached capacity. This morning it was crazy busy, very very crowded, right now, we're still using vq but it's not that tcrowded, still very busy

Site right now says the land is open and all boarding groups have been called. Seems like Disney handled this all pretty well. I just wish they would have spaced out those boarding groups a bit more as they seemed to be jamming everyone in early.

Has anyone been able to queue to enter Oga's and get in without a reservation?

I just came on to ask this exact question! Very curious about this. Still have a few months before we go and have secured Savi's and Droid but not Oga's. Going to continue to try to get that but am hoping that as a "worst case" we could possibly line up if I'm not able to get a reservation.

For people who were there during EEMH but didn’t spend the whole time at GE, what other rides were open and what were the lines like?

Not sure if the land "capacity" today is going to be the same as when they use the VQ down the road but how was it just walking around, looking in shops etc. I was at DL during the reservation period and it was so pleasant to walk around and you weren't shoulder to shoulder with people and could really take in the land.

Does it feel like they've kept it manageable in terms of how packed everyone is?

We were in there from about noon til just after 3. Got in with a droid reservation- check in for those is on the left, btw. It was miserably hot and crowded. Lines for nearly everything, tiny shops, all the food options, drink stand. Hard to take in all the details when you can hardly move around. Docking Bay 7 didn’t take long a bit after 2 but there was hardly any seating. It’s a lot smaller than I thought it’d be but it looks amazing inside! After walking around for several minutes we finally settled at one barstool for the both of us, til the seat next to us became available. Troopers on top of the shop with the first order stuff couldn’t be heard. The ones by the droid depot could be heard.

I look forward to exploring Black Spire more throughly when it’s not so hot and crowded. My tiny droid and I have got to protect it from the first order. :)

I am starting to think they overfilled the land at first. Might be they didn't want a lot of negative social media of "I've been waiting since 4am and got turned away from SWGE, or maybe they were just worried about the safety issue of that may people packed standing outside the entrance and wanted to move people I think it is enormously promising that it is still opening day and the wait time is 3 hours or less (I saw it dip to 150 earlier)

I think they also wanted that high wait time (at least initially) to show that crowds are there. If it never got past 90mins (even if due to limited crowds in land) would get negative spin

For people who were there during EEMH but didn’t spend the whole time at GE, what other rides were open and what were the lines like?
There were not EEMH today. The park opened at 6 to everyone. We went to merch first but still only waited 28 minutes for Slinky Dog when we got in line around 7:30.

It looked extremely crowded this morning. Checking MDE throughout the day, DHS as a whole looks amazingly reasonable at this point. Even Smuggler's Run's wait isn't as excessive as a thought as of a minute ago - 100 minute wait.

Has anyone been able to queue to enter Oga's and get in without a reservation?

I had a reservation and got in maybe 1 minute after we checked in, however the people that we ended up standing next to did not and they just waited in the line. I do not know how long they were in line for.

I was ar Oga's and 2 guys were "seated" next to me, they took one look st the menu, found nothing they lined and left. Just something to keep in mind
I had a delightful coffee drink, black spire brew? Sooo good if you like coffee. I also had the fuzzy tauntaun and it was fun to drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter