Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Planning to be at Galaxy's Edge on opening day? Discuss how you plan to get around the crowds and how early you plan to be in line to get inside the most anticipated land ever built!

Disneyland opens on May 31st, 2019

Hollywood Studios opens August 29th, 2019

On both coasts Rise of the Resistance will not be part of opening day. It will open at a later date.

The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.

(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).

• Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.

Last edited:
I'll be out at Disneyland for D23 this August; so I'll be actively monitoring/participating in this thread and new forum as well. Thanks Ryan!

Not likely that I will be at either but just curious if anyone is contemplating using a VIP tour guide for opening day

I know someone who did that for opening day of Toy Story Land - went with 9 other people that they split the cost so really wasn't *that* much $, and while there were 5 hours waits for everything they basically walked on everything and got the whole thing done in a few hours and then had the guide for getting on other things quick too

Just thinking it might be an option if you either have a lot of extra $ or can find 9 other people to split it with

Following along for news of previews and other strategies to get in and experience a place I have been longing for most of my life!

Thank you so much for this thread. My family and I will be with ABD Disneyland Resort and Southern California June 16-21. I wonder if ABD will do anything special for SWGE? Either way, we are so excited to be making some great memories! :earsboy:

Not likely that I will be at either but just curious if anyone is contemplating using a VIP tour guide for opening day

I know someone who did that for opening day of Toy Story Land - went with 9 other people that they split the cost so really wasn't *that* much $, and while there were 5 hours waits for everything they basically walked on everything and got the whole thing done in a few hours and then had the guide for getting on other things quick too

Just thinking it might be an option if you either have a lot of extra $ or can find 9 other people to split it with
I did the math. Lets say it's $625 an hour (the highest price point, the tours start at $425) times 7 hours (minimum amount of hours)= $4375 divide that by 10 people, that's $438 per person. I'm assuming paid previews will be no less than $500 so still a good deal

It's a thought! We'll be there Dec 9-15 with 4 in our party if anyone cares to split a VIP tour :rolleyes1

I did the math. Lets say it's $625 an hour (the highest price point, the tours start at $425) times 7 hours (minimum amount of hours)= $4375 divide that by 10 people, that's $438 per person. I'm assuming paid previews will be no less than $500 so still a good deal
How do they decide how much a VIP tour is and where does one sign up?

But if demand is nuts, staying club level at a deluxe and paying for those extra FP in order to actually get the FP (because let’s be real- only those with club paid FP or those with 10+ stays will be able to snag FP) the VIP tour could actually be the “cheap” option for those of us who have great inexpensive offsite accommodations. A friend and I are discussing this, but won’t be for opening, likely not until 2020.

But if demand is nuts, staying club level at a deluxe and paying for those extra FP in order to actually get the FP (because let’s be real- only those with club paid FP or those with 10+ stays will be able to snag FP) the VIP tour could actually be the “cheap” option for those of us who have great inexpensive offsite accommodations. A friend and I are discussing this, but won’t be for opening, likely not until 2020.

yeah, whether it is a VIP tour or if they offer like the paid extra morning magic hours or something, that is likely my plan - stay offsite, do less total days, fewer nicer meals, etc. - and use that $ saved to pay for access to Galaxy's Edge

yeah, whether it is a VIP tour or if they offer like the paid extra morning magic hours or something, that is likely my plan - stay offsite, do less total days, fewer nicer meals, etc. - and use that $ saved to pay for access to Galaxy's Edge
Yep! Forgot about he EMM...bet those prices go up too, so will be matter of weighing VIP access for a day or for few hours...hmmm. Actually all these paid access events their really isn’t a reason to stay in cramped Disney rooms when offsite, more space is so much cheaper. Especially if one is an AP holder...

When trying to plan for this, are there any sites that are making reasonable predictions about when SWGE will open in WDW?

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'm hoping I'll be done with my 9/14-9/19/19 trip to WDW before GE opening there. I want to see it but not right after opening. I don't get much enjoyment from that kind of anticipated crowd.
Same here. I have no desire to be in line for any new phone, sneakers, or theme park land. I sort of understand those that do have such a desire, but it's definitely not for me. I will be happy to wait.

My first day at Disneyland this year is June 30 so most likely I'll be there in the first week / 10 days. My plan is to get to the parks for rope drop, other years I get there around 9am. I plan to just go into the land and have a good look around in the morning time. Im not bothered about going on the rides in 2019, I'll do the rides in 2020 when hopefully the crowds will have eased from the first month madness.

Same here. I have no desire to be in line for any new phone, sneakers, or theme park land. I sort of understand those that do have such a desire, but it's definitely not for me. I will be happy to wait.
I've never even rope dropped. If it's meant for me to ride something then it'll happen, if not, oh well. I still have many Disney trips left to go in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!